Fallen Identity

Ch. 19

So that must mean this cute, little boyis an Angel, or maybe even a Fallen Angel. Michael looked terrified as I just sat there and stared at him. I didn't know what to say. I was just going to come over here and say hi but now I'm too shocked to even speak.

"Comment t'appelles tu?" came his tiny little voice in French. Aww, he's so cute.

"Je m'appelle Carter," I replied, giving him my name like he asked for. I then asked him if he knows how to speak English and he just nodded his head yes.

"Why are you back here?" I asked softly, not wanting to scare him.

"Lailah scares me," he whispered and I laughed.
"Yeah, she scares me too," I agreed. Michael seemed to loosten up, sitting criss-cross-applesauce like we all did in kindergarten, and I copied him. "So, Michael, do you wanna sit with us where it's not so lonely?"

"How do you know my name?" he asked, innocently.

"Izzy told me," I answered.

"Ok, and why are you dressed like a boy?" I tensed. How did he figure out I wasn't a boy just by talking for a few minutes?

"Uh, what are you talking about? I am a boy," I tried lieing to see if he would buy the story. He didn't.

"No, a boy would never talk to me like that," he replied. Perceptive, little kid.

"Ok, I'm a girl. But you have to promise me to not tell anybody," I pleaded and tried to give my most genuine smile, which wasn't that hard.

"Ok. I won't tell anybody. Promise," he said and for emphasis, he held out his little pinkie for a 'pinkie promise'. I curled my pinkie around his and noticed how tiny his little finger was compared to mine.

"So, do you wanna come over and sit with us?" I asked again. He nodded his small head, his hair shaking a little. I stood up the same time he did and led him over to the table where everyone was staring at us. I hope none of them heard our conversation.

No one said anything so I assumed they didn't hear it. I asked Cameal to scoot over a seat so Michael could have it.

Right as we all got comfortable in a conversation, Lailah strolled into the room as if she owned it. She probably did, but that wasn't the point.

She walked up to the table and gave us a smile that I could tell was forced.

"Dinner is ready," she announced and out popped some guys who were wolding platters with those ginormous lids on them that they have at fancy restaurants in movies. A guy came up to each of us and placed a platter in front of us and removed the lid.

There was a bowl with some kind of soup or chowder in it. I didn't want to appear rude so I took a bite. Holy crow! This stuff is amazing!

I gulped it all down ina matter of seconds. They can't call me a girl now. I looked around the table to see everyone looking at me in disgust.

"What?" I asked. "That was some darn good soup."

"Ugh, do you even know what's in this?" Cameal asked me.

"No..." I drifted off, suddenly terrified.

"Duck liver," Michael whispered in my ear. I immediately dropped my spoon.

"Uhh, I think I lost my appetite," I said calmly. Normally, I might've started screaming and using a fork to scrape off any duck liver residue,but that would've been girly.

I pushed away my plate like a stubborn child that refuses to eat their food no matter how many times their parents tell them to eat it.

"It's ok Carter, we were only joking," Izzy laughed.

"Evil.." I seethed. I still didn't gain my appetite back though. They all laughed and dug into their soup. Meanie bo beanies..

When we were all finished, the butler guys came back out with another platter for each of us. This time it looked like chicken. Harmless enough.

I took a small bite but thought of the duck liver and didn't take another. After everyone was done eating there 4th course, we were escorted to our rooms. I realized then that we didn't bring any of our stuff with us from the hotel. I asked what we should do about that and they told me to not worry about it until tomorrow.

I got a nice room that was a little bit bigger then the one back in Chicago but my room wasn't next to Zach's. I was between Micah and Nathanial. Kill me now..

Lailah told us that once we were settled in, to meet her back in the main room. I don't even know how to get to the main room. I pretty much walked into my room, looked around, then walked back out and ran into Zach.

"Do you know where the main room is?" I asked him.

"No idea. I guess we should just walk around and hope we get lucky," he said. Great. He doesn't even know where it is. And I thought Angels had some kind of photographic memory.
We started walking in silence. After about five minutes of turning into different hallways, we ran into Zach's brother, Nathanial.

"Hey Nathanial. You know where to go?" Zach asked him casually. Nathanial just nodded his head and turned around, expecting us to follow him. After a few more hallways, we finally reached the main room. Everyone was there and few other people as well that I didn't know. I was introduced to6 guys and 3 girls who were all Fallen Angels. There were more Angelsdown here but theywere out hunting demons.

There was Hayyel, who's the Angel of Wild Animals. He was ripped. That's all I can think of to say about him.

Then there was the twins. Munkir and Nakir. The Angels of Justice. I don't know how the Angels of Justice became fallen. Seems almost impossible. Munkir and Nakir both had golden hair, pale skin, and the violet-gold eyes. They were about medium in height and seemed generally friendly but also very protective.

Uriel is the Angel of Creativity. He has a slight twitch and a slur when he speaks. I can already tell he's the group's outcast. He has wild hair filled with different colors. I don't think I need to say what color eyes he has.

Xaphan is the intellectual of the group. The Angel of Invention. He's the only Angel I've met so far that wears glasses which seems cliche but he got into an 'accident'.Hehas smoky black hair that's cut into a professor haircut.

Ecanus, I can tell, tries to compete with Xaphan in the intellect category. He's the Angel of Writers. He carries around a notebook with a pen sticking out of it that probably never leaves his side.

Sraosha is the Angel of Obedience. She seems very uptight and snobby. She has delicate brown hair that's pulled back into a neat and orderly bun. Maybe she got kicked out for being a snob.

Dina seems like Sraosha's twin in personality. She's the Angel of Learning. She has short, blonde hair that's cut into a bob. She also has really big boobs, I noticed. I don't usually look at another girl's boobs but hers were just so noticable.

And the last one was Cassiel, the Angel of Temperance. She seemed shy and she was also Michael's older sister. She has an asian look to her that made her look more unique from the others.

I also found out that Michael is the Angel of Miracles, Izzy is the Angel of Song(which explains the singing), and that Lailah is the Angel of Conception. Ican just seeDina and Sraosha are big suck-ups to Lailah. What do you know.. it's true.

Dina and Sraosha stood on both sides of Lailah like they were her lady's in waiting. Just like the safehaven back in Chicago, there was a wrap around couch that everyone could fit on but since there were of us, we were a little squished. I was sitting between Cameal and Izzy with Michael on my lap.

I know that having him sit on my lap isn't a wise move in keeping my secret safe, but there were no more seats left for him and he's grown attached to me. If anyone asks, were having a 'bromance'. Just kidding. I'd probably be called a child molestor then.

Lailah stood before us and I noticed that she was wearing a silver, floor-length gown. Only the best for her majesty.

"We are gathered here today," she began and the first word that came to mind was wedding, "to discuss the demon problem." She makes it sound like a disease.

"Now I know most of us have been sent here for our sins anddestroying demons is the only way to make up for them. We have the recruits from the US department," So now they're an army? "here to explain their situation." She nodded to Raziel who proceeded to stand up and walk to where Lailah was originally standing. Now she was sitting in between Elijah and Zach. I felt bad for them.

Raz then told everyone about everything that's been happening lately in Chicago. He even said stuff that was happening before I arrived, including the war that I learned about in Iofiel's diary. He even mentioned Iofiel a couple times. I noticed a lot of people tensed at the sound of her name.

When he was finished, Lailah asked him, "Did you know about the child?"

"What child?" Raz asked, confusion clearly shown on his face.

"Iofiel's child of course. Temperance sent Israfel down here to tell us of the child," Lailah began. "The child would be 16 by now. A girl who's not like any of us. Half Angel and half Demon." I'm half Demon?

I heard a couple of gasps. Dina stood up and yelled, "How is that even possible? The Demons show noemotion, especially not love,and Iofiel would never do something like that."

"Iofiel didn't want this to happen. She become depressed and took up alchoholic drinks and lived off the buzz. She happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when Asmodeus appeared," Israfel explained. Her voice still sounded like a melody, just not a happy one.

"Um, who's Asmodeus?" I asked, since no one was saying anything. Plus, I really wanted to know who my supposed 'father' is.

"He is the Demon of Lust," Zach explained as he looked into my eyes. He looked worried for me and then kind of confused. I guess I would just have to ask him about that later.

Lailah stood up again, and everyone turned their attention back to her.

"Now we must prepare ourselves and look for this girl. She's being hunted by Demons as we speak. We'll discuss this matter further tomorrow." Everyone agreed and then stood up and went back to their rooms or whatever it was they were doing before.

I noticed Michael was sleeping on my lap and I woke him up and made him go to bed. I would've carried him there myself but I didn't know how to get to his room. I started to head back to my room when Zach caught up with me.

"So, still think we need to keep your secret?" he asked.

"I don't know. I'm half Demon. Part evil. What if they all hate me when they find out who I am?"
"If they do, then they're stupid. You're also half Angel and that makes you neutral. You're neither good nor evil," he said. I never thought of it that way.

"How come you always know what to say?" I asked.

"I don't always. Talking with you is easier," he replied.

"How come?"

"You don't know about my past and judge me because of it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long but as promised. It's a lot longer then the last chapter. =] 2006 words to be exact =P