Fallen Identity

Ch. 2

My voice was always a little rough so I didn't really have to alter it to make it sound guyish. I exited the train and and made my way over to the train station exit. First thing I did was buy a hot dog because I was starving. I started walking, eating, and getting a good look at the city. I never actually been to Chicago before and it was nice to see it up close and in person.
People passed me without a second glance as they rushed to get home or get to work. The sun was already long gone and people were still on the streets. It kind of reminded me of what people say about New York City being the city that never sleeps. I found a small hotel that seemed pretty cheap and got a room for the night. I'd figure everything out tomorrow. I counted the money I grabbed and it came out to a total of $4,787. Well that sure is a lot. I'd still have to get a job and find a place to live but at least I wasn't hopelessly broke.
I fell asleep and seemed to have the most relaxing sleep ever. I never had to worry about Mr. Berings coming into my room in the middle of the night.

I woke up to feeling sore all over. Bruises seemed to cover every inch of my body. I grabbed all of my stuff and made sure to double check the money. You never know if someone snuck in and stole it. I checked out and made my way out into the city streets.
I grabbed breakfast at McDonalds quickly and then started walking past tall buildings for large corprations. I saw a couple stores and almost had to hit myself into not being pulled into them. I was just like any other girl. I loved to shop and buy things. Mostly shoes. I loved converse and was thankful I had on a pair of plain black chucks that guys would wear.
I felt an arm go around my shoulder and nearly jumped ten feet into the air.
"Hey, I think we have a little girly guy on our hands," came a rough voice behind me. I turned around to see three guys who looked to be around 17. Girly guy? I may be an actual girl but I was definitely guyish enough to not be put off as gay. I guess the drooling at the store windows didn't help much.
"I'm not gay!" I yelled and shoved the guys arm off of me. I started to walk away quickly but of course they were following. I was going to be their fun for the day. I headed into an alleyway which I'm thinking wasn't the brightest thing to do.
"So, little faggot. I'd bet your a cross dresser under all those baggy clothes," the one that first spoke to me said. Now that I got a good look at them, they all had a sinister look to them and look inhuman, like they didn't belong here.
"Just leave me the hell alone!" I spat at them.
"Feisty aren't you," one guy, who stood on the left of the guy that I'm guessing is their leader, said. He had dark skin and short black hair. His eyes were an orange-y color. The leader was pale and had redish eyes and pale blonde hair. And the one on the right who hadn't spoken yet was taller then the other two and had red hair and dark blue eyes.
"Jackal, why don't we show our new friend a cool trick," the leader addressed the guy with the red hair. Jackal stepped forward and grabbed me by the shoulders. I gasped at the pain. His hands were like a death grip. The three of them all chuckled.
"So what're we gonna do with the little faggot Kage?" Jackal asked the leader. Kage walked over to me and then zipped the front pocket open and pulled out my wad of cash. He strummed his thumb over the pile and said, "Why, eat him of course. Right Lennox?"
Eat me? They were cannibals?
"This is a lot of money for someone so young to be carrying around," Kage said. Kage nodded toward Jackal and then the grip on my arms bcame tighter. I probably should've screamed but I knew that never did any good.
"Having fun Kage?" a new voice emerged from behind me and I craned my neck to see who it was. I saw four guys who looked equally inhuman but not so evil. Looks can be decieving.
Oh great, more people to eat me. This is not good.
"Aw, you guys ruin everything. Four on three isn't very fair is it?" Kage hissed. The guy who spoke before stepped forward and picked me up from the back of my shirt and pulled me out of the death grip of Jackal. He set me down then and said, "I think we all know you could call Jacine anytime you wanted too." So these new guys were the good guys? Was this some kind of gang war or something?
Kage just left and disappeared into the shadows and Jackal and Lennox followed. I stared after them but saw nothing. No trace that they ever existed.
"You okay kid?" The leader of the supposed good guys asked me.
"I'm not a kid." Okay, maybe that was a little harsh for someone that just saved my life but I was supposed to be a guy and guys always defended their pride. Right?
"Aw crap," I thumped my head, "They took all my money." So now I guess I really was hopelessly broke now.
"Uh, I'm guessing your a runaway. Well, your in this mess now. You can crash at our place until you get back on your feet." Well he's awfully nice, and now that I think of it, gorgous.
"You serious?" I asked.
"Yeah. We'll explain everything that happened," he replied, "By the way, my name's Raziel. I go by Raz for short though."
"My name's Carter."