Fallen Identity

Ch. 30

My heart was pounding in my chest. It seemed like time was speeding up and every second was like a minute. How're we supposed to make a plan in only 10 minutes? We were obviously outnumbered and I still didn't know exactly how strong any of us truly is.

Thinking of strength brought me back to when Jackal grabbed hold of me all those months ago, and the immense pain I went through back then.

You could defeat them easily, if you truly wanted to, came the chilling voice of Deumos.

How? I asked, How can I possibly defeat a whole army of demons on my own?

Simple, she started with a smirk in her tone, You let me take over for a couple minutes.

Let her take over me? For only a couple minutes? It seemed too easy, there was probably a catch. Most likely, she would be stronger then before and have a better chance at fully taking over me, like she did the night Mr. Berings was killed.

I only realized it now, that it was never me that killed him, but Deumos. She used up all her strength that night and has been lying low, harnessing all of her energy for this moment. But why would she kill those of her own kind? Was it for glory? To show Dimoni that she was more powerful than any other creature. Or to betray me and attack Zach and all the other guys.

In the end, it truly would be a massacre.

I accept.