Fallen Identity

Ch. 32

I could feel every swift motion my body made. From the way my leg extended out to kick one demon and my arm to punch another at the same time. In a strange way, it was slightly riveting. All this immense energy flowed through me but somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew this.. power, wasn't mine and it never will be.

I tried to see what was going on but everything was set in hyperspeed. Demons fell one after the other, like Deumos was making a giant path straight for Jezebeth. No obstacle was too great for her as she destroyed them all. The guys were struggling, but only a little bit. I guess they weren't really struggling, but compared against Deumos, they were having a rough time.

Each second, Jezebeth and her malicious smile were getting closer. Every second felt like a minute and every minute felt like a second.

Hangin' in there kid? Now you know how it feels to be trapped in someone elses body, Deumos' voice creeped into my thoughts.

I didn't respond, because I did know how it felt to her. All this bitter rage and jealousy built up because there was no way I could vent. I had no control and that was killing me. I couldn't help anyone the way I wanted to.

Deumos had finally reached Jezebeth, stopping a couple feet away. None of the demons came after her, afraid of breathing their last breath.

"Jezebeth," my voice but not my tone echoed as Deumos said my rivals' name, "It's been a while."

Jezebeth looked confused for only a moment until Deumos gave a smirk that only she could give. "Deumos. So that's where you've been hiding all this time."

"Indeed. I'm here to reclaim my rightful place by Dimoni's side," Deumos announced. I heard the sounds of war die down as their conversation started and could almost feel the looks of confusion that would cross the faces of my angels. Zach would probably be the most worried, seeing as how he knows who Deumos is.

"How unfortunate for you seeing as how it is mine now," Jezebeth laughed. Deumos wasn't humiliated in the least. She showed no doubt that she woudn't win because in her gut she knew she would even if I didn't.

"So where's the girl?" Jezebeth referred to me.

Deumos moved my arm to tap the top of my head with my fingertip and replied, "Trapped in here. She can hear everything you say though. Have anything you wanna say?"

"Nothing in particular, other then she can't fool me twice." At this moment, I felt myself being able to recontrol my body. I could move my fingers slightly, meaning that if Deumos wanted to kill Jezebeth, it had to be now.

Got it, kid, Deumos said and planned her attacks. It was incredible seeing the way she thought, like she was thinking a bunch of things all at once. Images of her moves and which approach she could take all flashed before my mind, giving my insight of the future.

Before I knew it, She was standing in a fighting stance right in front of Jezebeth.

"So a fight you want. A fight you shall recieve," Jezebeth smiled threw off her overcoat. Now I was able to move my toes but didn't have total control of them yet.

Deumos and Jezebeth were quick, always knowing when to block and when to strike. Neither got a hit in yet. It was all about wits even when it didn't look like it. They were equally matched except for Deumos' time limit that was running out quickly. But Jezebeth didn't need to know this.

They fought like expert martial artists, jumping and kicking like acrobats and ninjas. Jezebeth striked with her right hand as Deumos blocked her attack with her - my - right foot.

My hands were my own now. I could move them freely and so Deumos changed tactics by only using my legs and feet to attack and dodge. I think Jezebeth caught on to what was happening though because she was getting closer to hitting me.

I'm going to need your help kid. I'll show what I want you to do and when I say 'go' you do it just as seen. Either that or we both die, Deumos said in my mind.

I replied without hesitation, Ok.

She showed my what to do with my hands a bunch of times so that I wouldn't forget. She didn't say for me to go for a while, letting Jezebeth think that we weren't working together and that Deumos was only using my legs to attack.

I guess we really could fool her twice because now Deumos was catching on to Jezebeths' attack methods. They were analyzing eachother thoroughly, indicating the next best move in under a second. For this moment, I was almost relieved to have Deumos doing all the work for me and then rememebered that she was only going to kill me afterward.

Go! she shouted.

I balled my hands up into fists just the way she showed me while she did the rest of the work. I put as much strength into my punch as possible as she drove my hand right into Jezebeth's neck. She went sprawling across the ground. I flexed my fingers, amazed at what I had just done and then felt the control of my arms and legs coming back.

"First hit. Looks like you win," Jezebeth coughed out as she stood up.

"I always win," Deumos smirked.