Fallen Identity

Ch. 33

Deumos was losing control quickly, dissolving back into the voice in my head. When I felt that I had total control over my body, I looked around to see the destruction that Deumos had caused. Corpses of fallen demons lay everywhere and all the guys were ok but a little bruised and worn out.

Looks like I'll have to wait a little while longer... Deumos' laughter echoed long after she disappeared.

Jezebeth stood a couple feet away, a vicious gleam bouncing off her eyes.

"Kage. I'll leave he rest up to you," she said before turning to leave. No one moved a muscle until long after she left. Kage, Lennox, & Jackal appeared then with large malicious grins spread across their smug faces.

A rough hand appeared on my shoulder as I looked up to see Zach standing protectively beside me. The rest of the guys came too, obviously knowing that it was me now and not Deumos.

"The offer still stands ya know?" Kage snarled at us.

"I'm not surrendering," I said bravely.

"That's not the correct answer," he seethed. Before I knew it, another battle commenced. In the process, I fell down. Apparantly my strength weakened when Deumos' did.

Elijah, Cameal, and Gabriel were fighting against Jackal while Micah and Nathaniel were against Lennox. Raz and Zach took on Kage by themselves. Something in my gut told me that Kage had a bigger bite than his bark.

Fists, kicks, and blows were being made so quickly, it was hard to keep up and tell who was winning. I had faith in my guys of course but all I remember is what I've learned about demons and the wrathful power that they possess.

I managed to stand up, and in that moment, Jackal had shaken off Camael, Elijah, and Gabriel. He grabbed me, locking my arms behind my back, pushing my head toward the ground so I couldn't have any way to escape out of his deathlock.

Everyone stopped fighting then. Kage started clapping but held up a finger as Zach started to swing a fist at him. "Lay as much a finger on me and Jackal here will rip her arm off."

Zach looked angry, like he could kill. Raz spoke up then, "But didn't Dimoni want her alive?"

"It's Lord Dimoni and yes he did, exactly why he'll rip an arm off and not her whole head," he chuckled like death was funny. To him, it probably was.

Kage and Lennox walked casually past all the guys to stand beside Jackal who had place his giant foot on my back at this point.

"So it seems we shall be leaving now. Lord Dimoni is expecting the half-blood's arrival," Kage snickered while Jackal picked my up off the ground and held me in a way where my hands and legs were locked in place so I couldn't move them.

I sent one last pleeing look to Zach, hoping beyong hope that he'd find a way to get me out of here. His face held anguish then, like he had been betrayed by his best friend.

Jackal somehow managed to clamp a big meaty hand over my mouth to keep me from making any noise while carrying me. Maybe he has some secret arm no one knows about.

"Lennox, blind her for the time being," Kage whispered coldly to his companion. Lennox nodded and chanted a couple words in a language I didn't recognize before blowing a powder into my eyes.

I flinched at the dust, coughing a little. I started blinking rapidly, like I had sand in my eyes and noticed colors and shapes were blending together while fading silently. Everything went dark and I couldn't see.