Fallen Identity

Ch. 34

Blinded.

Weary.

Tired.

I couldn't move and this time, it really was me that couldn't move, not Deumos.

My senses were dulled, the most I could do was hear but even then, words sounded fuzzy, like I was going through a tunnel while talking on the phone.

Some part of me could tell that I was consious and alive but another part doubted that.

I wasn't sure if that part was sane or not.

_______________

I drifted in and out of reality. I could see light through my eyelids like when you look up at the sun with your eyes closed. Heat danced around, taunting me with its glow. Then a ringing occurred, sounding brilliantly in my ears, giving me a start. I figured that I had been able to cover my ears with my hands, because the sound quieted to just an annoying buzz. It felt like hours later when the buzzing stopped and I was able to hear again.

"How long till she wakes?" were the first words I could hear in perfect clarity. The voice whose words were formed, was slithery and cold, and exulted a power that resonated throughout the room.

"It should be soon, sire," Kage's voice appeared, sounding weak and pathetic compared to the previous voice.

"Alert me when she does, and then have her prepared for tonight's arrangements," the powerful voice commanded and left the room, taking his prominent prescence with him.

"Alright girly, time to wake up," Kage said and I felt the familiar powder being blown into my face.

I jolted up, suddenly very aware of my senses and surroundings. The room I was in looked like a hotel room, very common and boring, not something that would be in the underworld, or whereever I am. Kage was rummaging through the closet, until he pulled out an extravagent dress. It had a deep purple silk with black shear layered on top.

He tossed it at me and growled, "Get dressed."

I waited for him to leave, and when he didn't, I lifted an eyebrow and pointed to the door. He muttered some curses under his breath as he stomped out of the room. I slipped the dress on quickly, marveling at its beauty. Who knew something so pretty could be found in such an ugly place.

Kage reentered the room without even knocking, staring at me for a couple seconds before saying, "Come on, Lord Dimoni has requested your prescence at dinner."

I followed him silently out into the hallway. His dress shoes clacked against the marble floor, and that's when I noticed he was wearing a tux, which I wouldn't expect a demon to be wearing.

"What's with all the formal wear?" I asked, conversationally. Just because he's my enemy doesn't mean I can't talk to him.

"Lord Dimoni likes high class things. Everything has to be perfect in his world," he replies stoically.

Well, that's it for my attempt at being nice. I walked quietly, not saying a single word for the rest of the way to where we were going. Kage stopped in front of two large wooden doors, pushing them open to reveal an antique but refined dining set, like one out of a medieval movie.

At the head of the table sat him. I could already tell that this was the man who had spoken with such power before. This was Lord Dimoni. He looked ancient and young, quiet yet outspoken, but most of all, he looked superior, or rather, that he thought everyone was below him.

Kage approached him, standing at least several feet back before speaking. "Your requested guest, sire."

I stood awkwardly at the other end of the room, waiting for some death to be brought to me. Dimoni only turned his gaze over to me before standing and graciously walking over to me.

"It is a pleasure of mine to finally meet the mistress who has caused so much misfortune to occur in such little time," he greeted me. Those weren't the words I was expecting. Though, I really wasn't expecting a pretty dress and fancy dinner either.

He guided me over to the seat directly beside his, pulling the chair out for me like a gentleman. I guess Kage was right about him wanting everything to be perfect. Kage took the seat next to mine, looking grim. Dimoni had informed us that we were to be expecting other arrivals shortly, and he was right. Jezebeth and the rest of Kage's crew took their places. But none of them sat in the other seat next to Dimoni, which made me curious as to who the seat belonged to.

The others had engaged in their own twisted versions at conversation, making me wonder even more about who would sit there. One of the doors creaked, and everyone went silent. For the young man who stood in the doorway was-

"Ah, my son. It is nice or you to finally join us," Dimoni greeted him.

"Alex?!"