Fallen Identity

Ch. 35

Alex. The one and only person that I had sentimental feelings for before running away. It seems surreal, seeing him again. My mind is so wrapped around him being here, that I totally didn't catch that Dimoni, the demon lord, called Alex his son.

I met him in my first year of middle school and my seventh foster home. I was already labeled as a freak on my first day, but I didn't care; or at least, I tried to look as if I didn't care.

I was sitting alone at lunch when he comes over and invites me to sit with him and his friends. I looked over at his table, only to spot a couple of unfriendly faces. I politely rejected his offer, hoping by then, he would just walk away and leave me in my own solitude, but instead, he plops himself down next to me.

He didn't ask me anything too personal, just talked about vague subjects and cracked a joke or two just to get me to laugh. And even though his friends despised me, he still hung around. And then it wasn't before long when the butterflies appeared.

It wasn't his looks or popularity that got me to like him, it was the fact that he was the most genuine and kind person I've ever met, out of all the homes I've lived in and schools I've gone too. He was the only one who showed me that there's something to live for. And when it came time for me to move to another foster home, he said something that stuck with me ever since.

"Carter," he breathed out my name, as if testing it out, to make sure it's really me.

He's changed a lot in the years apart. He broadened out more and gained more substantial features but what remained the same was the way his hair was always a messy mop on his head in that weird color that drifted between dirty blonde and dark brown. His eyes were that same dark color that I could never figure out. He also gained dark circles around his eyes, like he is sleep deprived or something.

"Asmodeus," Dimoni called forth his... son.

Alex - er - Asmodeus stepped forward, almost gliding over to his seat. The seat that was right across from me.

Questions boggled my brain.

Why is he here?

How can he be Dimoni's son?

Why did Dimoni call him Asmodeus?

What happened to him in the years apart?

"Long time, no see Carter," he gave me a snarky smile. A smile that I never saw on him before. Suddenly, I was very terrified of this stranger sitting across from me. Where was my Alex? The one who could make me smile on any given day.

I looked over to see Kage giving him a scowl. I wondered briefly what that was about. Aren't they all on the same side?

"I never expected you to be the half-blood," Alex said out of the blue.

"Well I never expected you to be his son," I replied in as much a confident voice as I could.

"Asmodeus, how are you aquainted with Carter?" Dimoni asked his son.

"We used to go to school together," he replied without hesitation, but no mention of us being friends. Maybe I was never a friend to him, only a girl he held sympathy for.

Through the rest of the night, I stayed silent. Not even bothering to look at anyone. Not like I wanted to look in the faces of evil any longer anyway. I didn't know what they were talking about, probably world destruction or something like that, since I was so consumed in my thoughts of the past.

I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore...
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I might stop posting on here since I've been getting zero to none comments.