Fallen Identity

Ch. 6

I lowered my head and started walking past them towards my room, hoping they wouldn't notice me. When I was midway down the hallway I heard them start talking.
"That poor little girl," Raz said. Little? As if.
"I hope they find her soon," Gabriel stated.
"Carly Andrews but she goes by Carter. What a coincidence that the kid's name is Carter," Cameal said. So I'm still known as 'the kid' eh?
Carly Andrews? I thought my real name was Carter not Carly. No one has ever called me Carly in all my life. Is Mr. Berings lieing so he wouldn't have to deal with me anymore? If so, it sure is helping. For once, I'm grateful to him. Then again, if it weren't for him, I wouldn't even be in this mess.
"Now that you think of it. They both kind of look alike," Elijah pointed out.
"Oh please, they look nothing alike," Cameal said. Everyone gave a noise of agreement and then the news switched to some other topic. Well that was a close one. Good thing boys are so stupid.
I went back to my room and shut the door quietly. I opened the latch and took out the diary. I flicked on the tv so if anyone walked past and saw the light on underneath the door crack and no noise, they might walk in. I opened the diary to the second entry and began to read.

March 27, 1965

I've found peace here in the safezone, but I can't help but feel self-concious. I'm the only female in the whole group so everyone feels like they have to protect me. Everyone except for Micah, that is. Micah Micah Micah. What I did to him was horrible. I might was well go out and say it. I killed someone, and not just anyone but the Angel fo Love herself, Hadraniel.
I accused Micah of killing her and they found him guilty so he had to leave the only home he's ever known and live here on Earth. It was years later that I finally confessed to my crime. The guilt was eating my alive. It was too late for Micah though. His wings were already cut and he could never return and now neither can I.
I finally met my first demon today. Kobal. He goes by Kage though. A demon's true form is always terrifying but they always seem to trick you with their human disguise. I was walking along the streets when I ran into someone. Kage. He looked normal enough except for the weird shade of color in his eyes. It was like a washed out, blood red mixed in with brown. Anyways, he was very polite at first but then he said my name. Iofiel. I was going by Isabelle since Iofiel isn't a human name. I thought he was one of the older fallen angels. The ones I hadn't heard about. But when he showed my his true form, I knew exactly what he was. I was lucky enough that Raziel walked by and saw what was going on.
Kage ran off and left me speechless. I know I either have to learn to fight or hang back and not fight at all. Well, I have to go before anyone gets suspicious about my whereabouts.
Iofiel Bellesa

Wow. So that's why Micah was sent down here and it also explains why the name Iofiel struck a chord last night with him. Maybe that's why he's always in a grumpy mood. I would be too if someone accused me of murder I never committed. It also sounds like they were close before she ratted him out. A little intimate maybe. I put the diary away. I was glad I had some clothes to fill the drawers so if anyone went looking through them - you never know - they wouldn't notice the secret latch right away.
I noticed I was getting tired a lot more earlier than I was used too. I was a big night owl before when I lived with Mr. Berings. I could go two full days without an ounce of sleep and be wide awake sometimes. I think some people call it insomnia. I just call it weird. I also noticed I never seem to have any dreams or at least dreams that I can remember. It's like I'm in a coma. I used to have strange dreams when I was younger and then nightmares at Mr. Berings house. Now there's nothing. Well at least I don't dream like a guy. I shuddered at the thought.

"Hey Carter, you haven't seen much of the city right?" Gabriel asked me while eating breakfast.
"Um, I guess not," I replied, stuffing a piece of toast into my mouth. After I finished chewing I said, "I've only seen the train station, a crappy hotel and a couple streets of stores."
"Good because were going to the aquarium and your coming with us," Gabriel announced proudly.
I raised an eyebrow at him, "The aquarium?"
"Durr, that's what he just said," Cameal laughed.
"Fine. I'll go to the aquarium," I muttered. I've never been to an aquarium before but they always looked like zoos with only fish in it and I was never intrigued enough to go. Watching animals being stored in cages is not my idea of 'fun'. I like interacting with animals in the wild. It seems cooler to say, "I saw a baby deer with it's mom in the woods today" then, "I saw a giraffe locked in a cage."
Micah, Zach, and Nathaniel weren't coming of course. They are such party poopers. I don't get why they live here if all they're going to do is go off and do their own thing.

As we walked into the aquarium, I noticed a few people had skeptical looks on their faces when they saw us. I guess a group of teenage boys can look like trouble. We bought our tickets then went in. Surprisingly, the aquarium didn't only have fish but turtles, sharks, dolphins, and even penguins.
I liked the penguins. They are so cute. I remember when there was that one year where every movie that came out had or was about penguins. I just can't let the guys see my admiration. It might seem to girly.
While I was sitting at a bench, Gabriel came up and sat beside me.
"Your different," he said.
"You shouldn't be the one talking," I replied. He laughed and then explained his statement.
"You hear that were fallen angels and you just take it casually like we were talking about which movie we wanted to see. No rational person would do that."
"Well then I must not be a rational person," I said. I had my elbows placed casually on my knees and was fiddling with the aquarium map. I was studying guy habits through the television. I picked up on a lot of habits quickly like how to stand, walk, and sit. I felt like a proffesional. A proffesional at what, I had no clue.
"So, I think I should tell you why I was sent here," Gabriel started
"You don't have to if you don't want to," I replied.
"Well, I want to. You should know what we've done to get us sent here. Well in human time, the year was 1855. Now, as you know, I'm the Angelic Messenger. I committed one of the seven deadly sins. Pride. I thought I was better then everyone else since I had an important job and found myself more useful then others. One day, I got out of hand. I started picking on everyone else and calling them all useless and 'waste of wings' which is kind of a curse word where we come from. Cherubim got furious and sent me here to teach me a lesson."
"Who's Cherubim?" I asked. I always asked a question that was kind of relevant to the story but wasn't. I was always at a loss for words. It's hard thinking of any of these guys to have done bad things before. The only one who looks like he would commit a sin is the only one who didn't do anything. Micah.
"Cherubim's the Angel of Wisdom. He helps us and guides us mostly," Gabriel answered.
"He sounds very.. wise," I said. Like with Cameal, Gabriel and I started to talk about subjects that didn't really matter and had nothing to do with family, pasts, or futures. Surprisingly, Gabriel is a big movie fanatic. He used to like watching the only black and white films back in the day.
I figured out that Fallen Angels stop aging once they've touched the Earth's surface. In heaven or whereever it is they originally live, they grow to about middle age and then stop. So I don't really know how old any of them are. It's weird thinking they are centuries old, yet act like normal teenage guys. Well I guess if a girl can act like a guy and get away with it, so can fallen angels.