Status: Slowly getting back in to the groove of updating

Arranged Marriage to My Enemy? Holy Shit!

Chapter 11

"What the fuck is that suppose to mean?" I questioned him angrily. Have I seen any KKK members recently? They're a gang that hates black people. I look more white than black, so why would they even bother with me? Besides, since the KKK doesn't associate with any other gang and keeps to themselves, they never know when people just leave. So, they probably were still under the assumption that I was under K12 protection.

Ricky, in response, shrugged his shoulders. "Just trying to make conversation," He mumbled. That made me go in to a fit of laughter. He quirked an eyebrow at me, a smirk playing at his lips. His expression made me laugh even more. Ricky, just trying to make conversation? No. In all the years I've known him, he's never tried to make conversation. Sure, he's tried to make me life, tried to run over a squirrel, tried to make me say something that I didn't want to, which he succeeded in doing. But making small talk? Hah.

"Please, Ricky, just drive. I want to get this over with as soon and fast as possible so I can get on with my life and forget the one I left behind," I said to him, laughter still shaking my body. He turned his sharp gaze on me. That halted my laughing altogether.

He looked hurt, angry, and sad, all wrapped in to one. "Why do you yearn so much to forget the life that you had six years ago? Was that not a good life? Did I not provide you with a good life? I can give you better one, if you want. Just tell me-"

I interrupted him. "Drive, Ricky, I don't want to talk about this," I mumbled sternly, turning my head to gaze out the window. He was silent for a few minutes, which I was thankful for. That is, until he decided we needed to stop. He abruptly turned right on to an abandoned rode off the side of the highway and parked the car. "Do you have a death wish? Drive the damn car so I-"

The look Ricky gave me stopped my speech. Oh, maybe I shouldn't have told him I wanted to forget my old life, because at the moment he looked livid. Not only was he angry, furious, barking mad, but he was about to do something about it, I could tell. His muscles were tensed, and his hands gripped the steering wheel as if he was bound to it by magic. Uh, this was not going to end well. And if I was going to survive this without anything broken, I needed to get out of the car.

Ricky closed his eyes and leaned his head on the steering wheel, which basically gave me the perfect opportunity to ease open the window in the back of the cab. It opened with no problem. The hard part wouldn't be opening it, but getting through it. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ricky's hand twitch towards where he kept his gun, and out of panic to what he was going to do, I launched myself through the back window.

A second after I left, four gun shots went off inside the car in to the passenger side door. I could see the smoke from the gun and from the bullets now embedded in to the door rising and floating out the window. I hopped out of the bed of the truck and began sprinting farther down the road. Trees lined either side, and when I was about 25 yards away, I beelined in to the trees.

Since I wasn't very familiar with the area, I did make some noise. But my eyes were so sharp that I caught every branch jutting out and every tree stump that was camouflaged as the ground. I swiveled my head around to see behind me, but the space was clear. Was Ricky not going to pursue me? Pang. There that box went, rumbling again with the thought of Ricky participating in our old game of cat and mouse we'd use to play back in the day.

So many memories flooded my mind, but I pushed them away, afraid that they would force the box open more. I really didn't need that right now. My legs dashed past this huge oak tree that reminded me of the tree I'd met Ricky at. I rested behind the tree, my chest moving up and down.I quieted my breath and peered around the tree to see if he was following. All I saw was the forest I'd just raced by. If I wasn't under certain circumstances, I would have loved this place. Hell, if it was six years ago, I would have loved the circumstances.

I breathed out a sigh and leaned against the tree. Maybe Ricky was just too mad to get out the car and chase me. He knew that I'd have to go back to the car eventually, so why waste his energy? Maybe I should have stayed in the truck and tried to explain it, calm him d-

NO! I scolded myself. If I would have stayed in that spot I would have four bullet holes in my legs right now. I'm glad I acted how I did. The only question now is to go back or try to get away? Without doubt, I was certain that I could find Jack. I still had connections that could help me. It would probably take awhile after they got over the fact of seeing me, but I could do it. Then, after I acquired Jack, I'd flee the country with him, not enjoyable, maybe to Canada, or Russia. Both were pretty huge. Big enough that Ricky wouldn't be able to find us. I could change our appearances and pay everything with cash. I had enough money to do that. Jack was the only thing I needed to make everything work. If only I c-

"You are so very predictable, Storm," A familiar voice mumbled. I barely had time to turn my head towards the voice before my hands were grabbed and my hair was seized. The pull on my hair hurt, but I didn't show it. Ricky leaned over and put his mouth near my neck. "Hah, you even smell differently. But there's an undertone of what you use to smell like, which means that you're pretty close to breaking and coming back to me."

I shook my head. How had I been so foolish! With all my thoughts, I'd become too distracted to watch and see if Ricky was approaching. This was the worse game of cat and mouse I'd ever played with him. It angered me that I'd been captured so easily. Stupid, stupid stupid!!! Maybe I should have brushed up on my training every once in awhile. But my training brought back the memories that made me have the need to go back to K12, to back to everything I left behind six years ago.

The tree, I should have known instantly, was a dead give away. Why had I been so drawn to this tree? Just because it looked like one from the past didn't mean much to me. It was shaped the same, but wider and taller.

"Like hell I'm coming close to breaking. The only thing I'm going to break is the hold you have on my hair and wrists. Now let me go before you regret ever touching me in t-"

Ricky interrupted me with, "I'll never regret touching you, ever. Don't ever think that," he scolded harshly. His grip on both my wrists tightened. He moved his head to the other side of my neck and inhaled. "Please, never think that."

I stood stock still. This position, his actions, were so familiar. We'd done this a hundred times in the past, but it had never felt like this. What was this feeling? The feeling that I needed to do the same thing he was doing to me, to him. I felt obligated to. I needed a way to get him off of me before I acted like I wanted to.

"Ricky, please, let's just go and-"

"Are you going to deny me this pleasure after six long years without seeing you? Smelling you? Being in your presence? Hell, I didn't expect that you would not come and see me after you got out of jail. At first, I thought it was because you were mad at me for what had happened. But after two years of not seeing you, not even a phone call, I knew you'd turn colors." I was about to say he should have known sooner, since I resigned as soon as I got out of jail, but he kept going on.

"At first I wasn't surprised. I hadn't showed you how to react to getting caught, or what to do. But then something hit me: you were smart from the very beginning, so you would have known what to do. Rain Twist, my own personal Storm, had left. Do you know how much had hurt me?"

I couldn't speak, but he didn't stop for me to. "My team, K12, knew that I wouldn't be able to handle the fact that you had willingly left, with no note or no goodbye. And they were right, because when they told me, I flipped. They had done the smart thing though, and had hired people who you interact with on a daily basis to watch you. They knew that if any of them, even someone new from the outside, were to watch you, that you would know instantly.

"I've read the reports about you from over the last six years. There are even a few pictures of you in the files. But do you know what was almost always mentioned in the files? Take one guess. It's so obvious that you can't even get it wrong, really."

I took in a deep breath. K12 had hired someone from school to watch me? Who? Most of the time I was either looked down upon or ignored. Even the teachers ignored me. The person that I'd interacted with most at school was, "Jack," I whispered.

"Correcto, mi princesa, (Correct, my princess, correct), correcto. Do you know how much that angered me? So if you analyze my actions so far, would you say that they are too harsh? I think that they're pretty fair if you ask me, but then again, I've been in prison for six years, so my judgment maybe off a little. Would you have done the same things I have done so far? And please, answer honestly."

I gulped. Ricky was right. With the information just given to me, there was no doubt in his words that he'd acted fairly. I mean, if I were Ricky, and in all the reports I was getting about her there had been some other guy, I would have.....killed him by now.

"Yes, I would have. In fact, it seems you are far more nicer than I am, because I would have murdered him a long time ago when I read the first report."
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, sorry for the long time between updates. I'll show my determination by updating more on getting this story finished. i just started a new story about fighting, (yay, who doesn't like a good fight story?) so check it out. here is the link: Undefined Path I hope you like it. Comment, subscribe! Tell me what you think the characters in this story should look like so far!