Status: Slowly getting back in to the groove of updating

Arranged Marriage to My Enemy? Holy Shit!

Chapter 15

The kiss had lasted a lot longer than I had intended, and I savored every moment of it, but the event at hand took precedent. While Ricky was in a daze, I kept him in the passengers seat and buckled his seat belt. Then I got in to the drivers seat and took off my hoodie and long-sleeve t-shirt, leaving me in just my tank top. I liked to wear layers under everything, that way I could never get cold, only hot. Stripping layers was easier than acquiring them.

I took my hair out of its bun and arranged it around my on my shoulders. I made sure some of my cleavage was showing and buckled my seat belt just in time; we were in the snipers attention span. I kicked my clothes under the seat while keeping my foot on the break. Could the police officer smell my sweat? Because I sure could.

"Hello Officer," I said, an alluring tone to my voice. I leaned out the window a little, exposing my chest. His eyes lingered there for a moment before he met my eyes.

"Hello Miss, can I have your license and registration please?" I nodded and leaned over Ricky, getting the documents out of the glove compartment, and handed them to the police officer. He left and went back to one of the squad cars.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" Ricky whispered, keeping a straight face. If the snipers saw anything unusual they'd radio it in and immediately give us away. We had to keep calm in order to keep the situation under control.

I turned my gaze on him. Other people wouldn't be able to understand the look in my eyes, but I knew if anybody Ricky could. We locked eyes for a few seconds before the police officer came back. "Trust me on this," I mumbled, turning my attention back to the approaching officer.

"Miss, this truck is registered to a Rica-"

"Yes Officer, I know. He's sitting right next to me. He recently got out on probation, and I didn't want him driving anywhere and get pulled over. I missed him so much, so I don't want to chance him going back to that awful place," I said, reaching over to Ricky and caressing his face. "You see? Such a beautiful face."

"Well if he's on probation, why is he outside of Maryland?"

This is where the hard part came in; trying to convince the Officer that his probation didn't restrict him from leaving the state. "I talked with his probation officer, and he said that it would be alright if he went out of the state, but only if he was with me. He said that I was trustworthy." I swear my face held the fakest smile you would ever see on someone. But with my perfectly white teeth, rack, long hair, and pretty face, I think that the Officer might have bought that entire story.

He looked behind him, and then back at me. "Alright Miss. Have a safe trip back across."

"Thank You, Officer." With that said, I rolled up the window and drove straight. After we got about three miles away from the road black, Ricky spoke.

"That was. . .something the old you couldn't have pulled off."

My eyebrow rose in question. "What do you mean?"

"I mean . . .that you didn't have the body for it back then, number one, and number two, you would have done anything I said in that type of situation. I, however, can see your old self doing such a thing. Your old self doing it would have been sexy, but this version is better."

"Ricky, what the hell are you saying? Are you saying good job, or are you saying you like the new me?"

He shrugged his shoulders, looking out the window. "What if it's both?"

I turned my gaze back on the road. Did I want Ricky to praise me? Part of me still yearned for his approval, but another part of me said that it didn't matter. What mattered was getting Jack back, and that's the only reason Ricky and I were even riding in the same vehicle.

I realize, though, through that entire event, that I still cared for Ricky. I could never eliminate the part of me that cared for him. Was I in love with him? No, I didn't think so at the moment. Jail had changed Ricky, and now that we were alone, I was finally getting to see that. I liked the changed him. But I knew that as soon as Ricky was in front of any of K12, or even anyone that knew him and knew what he was like, he would revert back to his old self.

While Ricky was in jail, had he vowed to change? Did he think the entire incident that caused him to go to jail was his fault? Was he so in love with me that he was willing to change his entire life? It was great that he was willing to change, but the reason for the change wasn't all that great.

"If it's both, then I'm glad you like it. But I know that the second we get back in front of K12, you'll be a completely different person. You won't be the Ricky that I've been talking to since I woke up."

Ricky pondered this for a few minutes before answering. "Yeah, so what? Why can't things go back t- Never mind, I should realize that they're never going to go back to the way they were. I get that part, even if I hate realizing it. What I don't understand is why in the hell you're marrying this guy Jack.

"I know you don't want to be a part of the K12 lifestyle, but why can't you be a part of mine?"

I sat there, not knowing what to say for a few moments. Was there a way I could be with Ricky, and stay away from K12? No, there was no way. Ricky and K12 went hand in hand. I couldn't get one without the other. And besides that, I wasn't even sure about my feelings for Ricky. If we rushed in to a relationship, things could turn very bad.

But what about Jack? The fact that I was suppose to marry him hadn't changed. Was Jack willing to work with me so that we didn't have to marry each other? Or was he going to be stubborn and torture me by going through with it? Jack was unpredictable at best with most of his decisions. And that kiss. . . there had been something there.

HOLD UP! Jack is my fucking enemy, for Christ sakes. When did I become so soft? There was no way I had any feelings for Jack. No. Way. In. Hell. So why did it matter if I had a relationship with Ricky? Hell, why did it matter if I had a relationship with anybody? I was my own person, after all, I was old enough to make my own decisions.

Screw what Jack thought. The only reason I was going through with this was so I could save his ass, which would in turn save mine. As long as my parents and his didn't think that I'd killed him, then we still had a chance of stopping this entire ordeal.

And then what? I had to figure out what I wanted in my life. I couldn't make any life changing decisions before I figured out what I wanted.

"Just. . . I have too much going on right now for all of that. Ricky, I think I can be in your life, but not like it use to be back then."

"Are you saying that we'll never be together again? Oh Storm, please don't fucking tell me that you only view me as a friend, or a brother or some other bullshit excuse. After all the things we did and went through? Don't fucking lie to me and say that that hasn't had an impact on your life. I know you're lying, so if you don't te-"

I banged the steering wheel with my hand, silencing him. "Don't fucking raise your voice at me when you haven't even heard everything I've got to say, alright? Don't jump to conclusions."

"Storm, you make me lose control. I'm unpredictable around you. And I know I use to make you feel the same way. The question is, do I make you feel that way now?"

I closed my eyes for a second, my hands clenching on the wheel. What the hell did I want? What were my feelings for Ricky? I didn't want him hurt in any way, ever. But what else? Did I love him? Was I in love with him? Could he still drive me crazy like he use to all that time ago?

"Ricardo, I have no answers for you at the moment, alright? I need some time to think. Things have changed so much...I feel like me, but I don't know entirely who me is yet." My hands flexed on the steering wheel. "Talk about something else."

The more I drove, the less trees were around us. We were finally getting close to K12's hiding place. It was right between forest and city, if I remember correctly. The perfect place to be able to bolt. It was dark outside now, the sun just setting. From the way we were coming, there wasn't too much traffic. God, did I hate traffic.

"That kiss." His voice froze me in place, and I could feel his eyes scanning the side of my body, trying to see what I was feeling.

I attempted to appear indifferent to his question. "What about it?"

I looked over at him. "Why did you kiss me?" Breaking at a light, I turned my body so I was half-way facing him.

"You know why, Ricky."

He asked a question that I didn't think he would ever ask me. "Am I suppose to keep it a secret?"

I contemplated that. Did I want him to keep it a secret? If he told all of K12, and coincidentally Jack, then that would make things all the more complicated for me. But Ricky wasn't the type of person who would ask such a thing, especially from a person like me.

"I'd love it if you kept it a secret, but someone like me shouldn't be asking you such a thing."

"A person like you?" He questioned.

I rolled my eyes. "I left you and K12, Ricky. That's betrayal enough. Don't you think I've sold some secrets or told someone something that I shouldn't have?"

"No," He said swiftly, not missing a beat. "Nothing from back then has changed, except a few things. I still trust you if we got jumped by the police and we had to fight, if I needed you to go on a mission, whatever. I think I trust you now more then I did back then.

"You've always amazed me Storm, and this instance is no different. When I'd met you in your house, I could see that you were a totally different person. I could see you changing a little as we kept interacting. But what with that change and all...you're a combination of the old and new. And if I could trust the old, and I can trust the new, then I have nothing to fear.

"I know what's coming up won't let us talk easily like this again. I know what you want, and you know that I won't let you go that easily. So how about I make you a deal?"

My eyebrow raised. Make me a deal? Ricky wasn't really one for being merciful. Making a deal was completely out of his character. What would this deal entail anyway? It peaked my curiosity immensely. I nodded for him to go on, but added, "Just because I wanna hear it doesn't mean I'm agreeing to it."
♠ ♠ ♠
one of my fav chapters so far. :) comment: where do you think the story is going? which character is your fav? what do you think ricky is going to say? if i get 5 comments, i will update in 2 days. How does that sound? :D