Status: Slowly getting back in to the groove of updating

Arranged Marriage to My Enemy? Holy Shit!

Chapter 5

"What???????!!!!!!" Jack screamed. My head started to pound as soon as Ricky's sentence was finished. Jeez, why did he have to tell Jack that at this particular moment?!

"Jack, let me explain," I said hurriedly, trying to prevent a potential argument. Wouldn't it just be shit if Jack and I started a fight right in front of Ricky? He would just love that. A great opportunity for him to whisk me away again, like he did before. I can still remember that day clearly, as if it happened a few minutes ago....

"Let you explain?! My parents told me that you've never had a boyfriend in your life! You're such a mother fucking liar! Now I know why people were so pissed off at me getting engaged to you, you fucking like criminals, you dirty bitch! I'm guessing that your parents don't know about this, this, this delinquent?" he said, snapping me out of my soon to be reverie. No one around here knows about Ricky. Him and I have a long history, one I rather not bring up unless necessary.

"Listen up, pretty boy, don't talk to her like that. Your last statement was dead accurate. If you knew what I went away for and why, you wouldn't dare even look at her the wrong way. I'll allow for your incompetence just this once, but heed my warning, niño," Ricky hissed, snatching back Jack's attention. For the first time, it actually looked like he was taking things seriously. Then, his ego face came on.

He muttered something that I couldn't make out, with a smirk shining on his face. But Ricky jumping straight on him, rolling over, and holding Jack in a head lock told me that he said something out of line. Stupid boys and their stupid ego's. God only knew that Ricky had the same type of ego. The way he grew up is just different.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch what you said, care to repeat it?" Ricky said, choking Jack more. His face was red and turning from lack of oxygen. It felt like I was frozen in time, just standing there, watching. That's how I use to be in the past, but after things changed I started to get more involved.

More involved...........

My body had a mind of its own when Jack's face started to turn blue. No matter the situation between me and Jack, I couldn't let him die. I ran forward and elbowed Ricky in his manhood swiftly, enough to make him let go but not enough to potentially prevent him from having kids. He instantly let go of Jack and recoiled. They both gasped. I reached for Jack and pulled him by his shirt all the way across the room, in mere seconds. Both jumped up, Jack started towards Ricky, and I had to drag him back by his shirt again.

"Are you crazy? Stay the fuck here!" I yelled in his ear. His eyes snapped to mine, and then he calmed down. Ricky just leaned against the wall, an open gesture: want some more? "Ricky, stay where you are. Jack, sit down in this chair behind me and let me take a look at your neck. Neither of you shall move until I deem it necessary, or you'll have to deal with me. Got it?"

"Whatever you say, mi princesa (my princess)," Ricky said with a smile. He could have easily killed Jack, but the fact that he didn't is mystifying. Why was he here, anyway?

I stood in front of Jack, my hands on his shoulders. With my fingers, I moved his head around, careful not to touch his neck. Not too much damage, just bruises. Ricky wouldn't have a scratch on him, for the simple fact that what just happened was nothing more than giving him a small pinch.

"Ho- how did you mo-move so fast?" Jack sputtered, still trying to catch his breath. He played a few sports, but he shouldn't be out of breath like he is now, unless Ricky was squeezing harder than I had imagined....

"I trained her to move like that, niño. We have a longer history than you can ever imagine. The question is are you worth telling the story to?" Something was off about Ricky. Getting down to business was his specialty, so why was he wasting time now?

Jack looked at me with questions. Did I have a choice not to tell him? Now that Ricky has seen him, he's unlikely to just let his presence pass without notice, even if we weren't engaged. Ricky has always spoken to me with respect. A man who does not speak to a woman with respect to lower than scum to him, worth death even, depending on what disrespectful words were said. The sheer luck of Jack being alive tells you that if Ricky wanted to, he could have killed him. But he didn't. Why did he come back.....?

"Are you going to tell me, or am I going to have to hear it from him?" Jack asked, pointing a finger at Ricky. His smile only widened, and became more threatening. He was ready for round two.

"Why should I tell you?" I said, venom sinking in to my voice. After all of the things Jack has said and done to me, why should I give him what he asks for? "Why do you think you have a right to know what my history is with Ricky?"

His head lowered and turned to the side, looking away. His next words were whispered so low that I barely heard them, "Because you are my wife, and in a marriage no secrets should be kept. The....circumstances between use don't change that sacred rule." For a moment, I seriously considered hugging him. The 12 years that I have known Jack, he's never said anything close to sweet. Not to me, anyway.

Ricky's expression changed, when I looked over at him and smiled. It turned from one of challenge to one of confusion. "Alright Jack, I'll tell you. Let's continue this conversation downstairs, where we can all get something to eat. Ricky, stay at a distance."

Jack's head jerked up to look at me. A hopeful smile crawled across his mouth. He rose, leaning forward. His next movement were a complete surprise to me.

He leaned down and pecked me on the side of the mouth, whispering, "Thank you, mi princesa. Yo no lo parezca, pero estoy agradecido por lo que está a punto de revelar a mí. De mirar a ese niño de allí, puedo decir que es difícil estar con él por voluntad propia. Gracias de nuevo, mi princesa. (Thank you, my princess. I may not look like it, but I am grateful for what you're about to reveal to me. From looking at that little boy over there, I can tell it was hard being with him by choice. Thank you again, my princess.)"

He brushed past me. Not aggressively, but almost like a caress. My mouth hung open from shock, but I couldn't help it when my hands went up to touch the place of what was now screaming fire from his kiss. No, I wasn't falling for him. I couldn't be! But that kiss.... that kiss was incredible. Now I realized why all the girls that have laid eyes on him have fallen head over heels.

Luckily, we're enemies. Because this kiss, the thought of his lips touching the side of my mouth was repulsive, sick, and just plain wrong. The few more seconds that I stood there thinking about it, I was just pissing myself off more. Jack touching me nicely? Impossible! We hit each other all the time! Why would we ever touch each other and there not be any underlying physical violence motive? He probably just kissed me to throw me off. Well, well, well, I'll show his ass!

But the shock from Ricky's face was priceless to see, as I turned around and followed Jack downstairs. Oh yeah, he was pissed off, really pissed off.

And jealous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe, I posted another one sooner than you expected, right!? I'm just in a happy mood, I guess. Anyway, the next chapter will be about Ricky and Rain, and their past together. I don't know when I'll post that, but I'll start working on it either today or tomorrow. Keep reading!