Status: Restarting this story

Sweet dreams

Chapter 1

I was walking in a cramped space. It was dimly lit. I finally came to a door. I turned the knob & stared into a black room. I cautiously took a step into the darkness. I felt along the wall for a light switch. The light flickered on. The room was separated by a two way mirror. I was looking into a kitchen. A woman with dingy brown hair was sitting at a table sobbing. Suddenly, a man storms in grabbing her by her hair. He balls up his fist & starts punching her. I cringe, but I can’t pull away from the scene. She’s screaming now. He’s yelling at her, “Cunt, you stupid whore!”He slams her to the ground. He stomping her. My stomach curls as I hear her bones crack. He grabs a chair & cracks it across her head. She screams a long wailing sound while withering on the floor. Then, everything stops. The man paces the floor. He’s shaking his head. I see tears roll down his cheeks. He looks up and stares at me. He’s looking into my eyes. Then, I wake up.
“Skye, get up now!” my mom screams at me banging at my door.
“I’m up, I’m up!” I throw my Nightmare before Christmas cover off me and walk over to my closet. I pulled my clothes on and quickly ran a brush through my hair and put on some dark eyeliner.
“Bye!” I ran out of the house without waiting for a response from my mom. My best friend Maxine Segal was waiting for me in her black bug. Max is definitely like the whitest black girl in the world. She’s the happiest person I’ve ever met. If it weren’t for her gothic exterior people would think she’s just a preppy girl.
“Sup Skye!” Maxine greeted me cheerfully. She had heavy eyeliner around her brown eyes.
“Hey Max,” I yawn and leaned my head on the dashboard, “me sleepy.”
Max started up the car, “Well we only have a few days until Thanksgiving break.”
“I’m not going to make it, “I moaned, “I’m already zombiefide.”
“Cool!”
She turned up the radio and started singing to some Justin Beiber song. I closed my eyes, but visions of my nightmare flashed into my head. It was all so vivid it was actually scary. We pulled up in our usual spot where our friends we waiting.
“Sup chickas!”
Dalton coughed. “..And Chico!”
We all shared a group hug. I love my friends were almost like a small family. Well, except for Mokie & Alexia (their dating) so would. We sat around Max’s car listening to Dalton’s story about this guy he was hooking up with. I felt strong arms around me, “Guess who?”
I turned to face him, “hey Jordan.”
He planted a kiss on my lips, “Hey beautiful.”
Jordan and I started dating a couple of months ago. I can’t say were that serious. I really like him, but it doesn’t feel special. The bell rang signaling we had five minutes. I walked hand in hand with Jordan. Mokie had jumped on Alexia’s back. Angel and Dalton were laughing at something he said. Justine, Valentine, Max, and Hanna Marie were walking arm in arm with each other. I told myself push my nightmare out of my mind and enjoy myself today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rate, comment and you know the rest