Monster, Monster

It Was Destiny

for us to be together, right? So i didn't think twice when we woke up the next afternoon (thank god no one had tried to come wake me up before then) and Jessie offered for me to come with him to see his friends. I agreed to meet him at his house in an hour. I showered, got dressed, straightened my hair, and applied the right amount of eyeliner and mascara to make my eyes match his. I walked out to the living room and refused to say hello to anyone else. I was already five minutes late. Jessie was waiting for me outside of his house. His regular dark wash jeans, black worn down sneakers, and a t-shirt featuring the ramones underneath a striped black and white hoodie. He wrapped his arm around me as I arrived in front of him and he walked next to me, never straying too far away.

Was it regular to be nervous? I had never met any of Jessie's friends before. I only knew that he had them because of the pictures displayed in his messy room.He walked for half an hour, not even across the Rock Rd. bridge. We walked completely off the residential lot, out into the city, before finally stopping in a lot of empty storefronts. I had to ask myself to rethink this situation. Were we being picked up? But when Jessie just walked around the building, jiggling the silver doorknob on one of the tall brown doors and opening it freely, that I started to become super nervous.

Inside the storefront, it was smokey and stinky. I instantly fell into a coughing fit and Jessie tried to clear the air in front of my face while guided me through the semi-darkness. All of the windows were covered by black tarps, allowing no one to see in, or out. When my eyes adjusting to the darkness and away from the sun, I finally saw them.

A circle of the most happiest people I'd ever seen.