‹ Prequel: Reflections

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall

001

Rain had started pelting Frank's car lightly but it has soon turned into a mini maelstrom of its own with howling winds that tried to control the car by itself. Frank seemed tense and I don't think it was because of the storm outside. Jamia didn't know I was coming to live with them. The air was heavy so I said nothing and just starred out the window at passing scenery. My vision were in the backseat mutely arguing between themselves, thank you Alex for drugging me.

"How are you feeling Gee?" Frank said softly.

"Fine. Why do you ask?" I turned to look at him. Both of his hands were gripping the steering wheel so tightly his knuckles were white.

"Just asking." he starred at the road through unblinking eyes.

"Frank? Are you feeling okay?" I bit my lip. I felt like such a burden, I was a grown man who couldn't seem to take care of himself.

"Fine, just worried about what the wife will say." he laughed nervously and I did the same because I felt incredibly awkward.

Frank's house was blue. Blue panelling with white windows frames with peeling paint. His lawn needed attention and same with the dead tree on the left side of his lawn. I stepped out into the pouring rain and collecting my bag from Frank's trunk and the paper bag with my medication. Frank ran to the door step and fumbled with his keys as I casually walked up and welcomed the storm. Suddenly there was a clash of lightning and a roar of thunder and Frank jumped in surprise and whimpered. He hated storms. Probably another reason why he was so nervous. The unlocked the door and dashed inside as I followed slowly. He flicked the lights on in the corridor to reveal the bland white walls within his home with countless pictures of the band and Jamia having a blast. I took off my shoes and glanced at the wall to see a picture of Frank and Mikey laughing. A pang of depression echoed through my interiors but the Prozac wiped it away to leave contentment instead. It felt unnatural.

"You can have your old room." Frank scurried around the kitchen trying to clean things up for me.

"Sure." my old room was where I used to stay when I visited. I custom painted it with black and white vines running up the walls and things like that.

"No one's used it last since you." Frank stopped and looked thoughtful. "You left some art supplies in there and your old easel that I kept forgetting to return to you."

"Thanks Frankie." I smiled at him sincerely and he returned it. I took my bags upstairs and opened the door to my old room. The musty smell of tobacco, mint, paint, and sex lingered in the room. I inhaled sharply and sighed in relief. Frank and I used to smoke in here together and play PlayStation. The mint came from the fact that i used to chew a lot of mint gum and the scent sort of stuck. I used to paint in here a lot and plus the walls, Frank never bothered to open a window. The sex was from the times Frank and Jamia went out and I brought one of my girlfriends 'home' or just some fan. I smiled at the memories and shed my wet leather jacket which still smelt fishy from my jump in the river. I closed the door and locked it then continued to shed the rest of my now wet clothes. I walked over to the dresser and opened it. Everything was how it was from two years ago. It was a trip down memory lane to the way things used to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Horrible first chapter I know. I'm sorry. Please bare with me and it will improve!

Check out my new one-shot, Shaking!!! Feed back is awesome! :)