‹ Prequel: Reflections

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall

010

My friends surrounded me in a tight circle as I sat on my bed and starred at the comics. Their ideas filled my mind which seemed to clear things up more and more. Earlier I heard Frank crying downstairs but I made no move to go and comfort him, I was such a selfish asshole but right now my apathy was in overdrive and Revenge was fueling my soul. I gritted my teeth as my eyes darted around the room for clues. Tomorrow night is when I will face them, the parents.

"Gerard, maybe you're over thinking this." Parade said casually. Revenge looked at him curiously and for once he didn't look all that menacing. My attitude changed dramatically as Parade took over. I felt much more relaxed and peaceful now that Parade made his presence known.

"How do you mean?" I asked.

"He means, maybe your parents are still mourning Mikey and just don't really care about you." Fame shrugged.

"Yeah, it was just a coincidence that you ran into your father and he did it out of panic." Red added. Parade was nodding the whole time.

"Asshole." Revenge muttered. Again Parade nodded.

"Just go and catch up with them, tell them about us and maybe they will sympathize a little. After all, you are their only son now." Parade said.

The next day seemed to go by in a flash. I called my father and he gave me directions to the house which turned out to be in a wealthy neighborhood in New York. When I told Frank that he offered to drive me much to Jamia's dismay. She was back from her friend's house but it didn't change her attitude about me.

"Gerard, are you sure you're fine with this? I mean, you didn't even take your meds..." Frank kept his eyes on the road as he navigated his way through traffic.

"Frank, I'll be fine. I took my happy meds but for this I can't be alone."

"Then I'll go with you." Frank looked at me in the eyes. He cared about me.

"Frank, I'm a big boy now. I may be crazy but I can't be such a burden to you anymore." Frank opened his mouth to argue but I cut him off. "Yes I am, you are my best friend and you are doing enough for me." he's doing too much and I want to repay him for his kindness. I can't keep living with him.

"Alright Gee..." Frank mumbled sadly. We turned the corner onto their street and parked across from their beautiful house. "Sure you're going to be fine?" she said when he saw my expression as I gazed at the house in awe. It was huge!

"Fine." I squeaked. "Just fine."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is going slowly. I know how it will end but this is the filling of the cake. It is estimated to be a little shorter or the same length as Reflections.