‹ Prequel: Reflections

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall

012

The atmosphere was very posh and I felt very under dressed. A woman played a harp in one of the corners of the restaurant with a man with a violin. The lighting was dim and romantic which made me feel pretty lonely. My father took my mothers coat for her and handed it to the smartly dressed waiter. He pulled out the chair for her to sit and pushed it back in when she did. He sat down beside her and smiled at me. I sat across from them and looked around to the other tables; they were mostly made up of rich couples probably having anniversaries but there were also business dinners going on between clients.

"So Gerard, tell us, how have you been?" my mother folded her hands neatly on the table and smiled at me. My father laid the silk napkin on his lap and I mimicked his actions in an awkward fashion.

"Well I-" the waiter stopped at our table and asked if we would like to order drinks. My father ordered a very expensive bottle of red wine without asking if I wanted any. I don't drink anymore, after the Revenge era I went cold turkey until Mikey died. Now I am trying to remain clean so I would have to be polite but control myself. Revenge rolled his eyes from another table. Parade was flipping through a menu and I wondered if anyone was seeing a floating menu.

"What were you saying dear?" my mother asked, tilting her head slightly. Her blond hair didn't shift with the movement and it was sort of creepy.

"I uh..." the words wouldn't come out.

"Speak up, son." my father said. The waiter came with the wine which distracted my father as he examined the bottle and let my mother taste it, which she said it was very nice. The waiter poured me a liberal amount which I starred at nervously.

"Drink it." Revenge whispered seductively. Fame wasn't paying much attention, he was playing his own instrument with the violinist and the woman playing the harp. "Drink it." I reached for the glass and felt the cool, smooth texture. The crimson liquid inside whispered to me in encouragement. Parade was mute to my ears as he begged me not to. Red wasn't around, he was looking at men. No wonder I don't have any friends. I brought the glass to my lips but before I could my father saluted me in a toast with my mother. The glasses met with a chime. Once more I brought the glass to my lips and took a cautious sip. The taste exploded in my mouth and Revenge sighed in contentment. Parade buried his head in his hands and wept. The wine was beautiful but I put it down not to seem greedy.

"So Gerard, before we were rudely interrupted, how have you been?" my mother mused. Parade stood up and took my mind over so I was him.

"I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia and I-" Parade was ripped from my soul by Revenge who took his place. "and I have been in the hospital for weeks on suicide watch." I glared at them, he was making me do it! My mother gasped and my father looked disturbed.

"We had no idea..." my mother was pale under her make-up.

"I tried to kill myself in the hospital and another time I jumped off a bridge." Revenge was pulling my strings to make me dance. "While you fuckers sat back and ate your escargot, I was puking up blood." I spat viciously. My parents looked taken a back. My father looked as though he was ready to hit me. Just then Parade returned.

"I'm sorry!" I pleaded, "It's the visions, they make me say those things!" I hissed, begging for forgiveness.

"Get out." my father growled.

"Donald!" my mother gasped in horror.

"Get out!" my father stood up quickly. The restaurant went silent as they watched us curiously. Parade was still inside of me holding strong. I began to cry in my seat. I didn't know what else to do. These two extremes are making me insane! "You are no son of mine!" my father yelled. With that I got up and ran out into the cold night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww... poor Gee :( Comments?