‹ Prequel: Reflections

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall

018

Room 294 was at the end of the hall and got the greatest view of the rose garden outside. For once I was not going to that room to stay, I was there to visit. I found it quite convenient that after they got cleaned up and stabilized, Frank and Jamia were placed in the same room. Alex was talking to some other doctor I didn’t recognize as I stood in front of the closed door of 294. They finished their conversation and Alex came over with a small smile.

“Dr. Phillips said it was okay to go in as long as its quick, Frank’s wife is heading off for surgery in about ten minutes and Frank is getting a shit load of x-rays.” I nodded my head obediently. I opened the door quietly with my visions followed without a word, which was odd. The curtain was pulled along the center to give the patients privacy from one another. I walked to the center to see that both were sleeping. Frank’s head was bandaged but other then that he looked pretty much okay. Jamia on the other hand had cuts on her face and along her pale arms. Both had IV drips and heart rate monitors that beat in sequence which in its own was sort of cute.

“Gerard?” Jamias eyes fluttered open about half way. “What happened?” no insults?

“You got in a car crash, your going for surgery.” I informed her.

“Oh…” was all she said for a while. “Where’s Mikey? I thought you two were going to Chicago to visit Bob?” things clicked in. She lost part of her memory!

“Uh no… he uh… he and Alicia are having marriage trouble and he needed to be there.” I lied.

“Oh….” He eyes closed again and she slipped off to sleep. Moments later some nurses arrived and wheeled her out for surgery but not before I asked what she was getting fixed.

”She’s getting her arm set because it’s smashed.” The nurse read off Jamias chart. I winced at his words.

“Thanks.” I mumbled and turned to look at Frank. I walked to the end of his bed and picked up his chart and read it over. Alex probably filled it in because she knew Frank since she was a fan. Unless they just googled his name, then they could get everything off Wikipedia.

I sat there a long time watching Frank sleep. I wanted to know why I got that feeling in the first place. Perhaps it was fate or… maybe there is a God after all? My mouth twisted into a pathetic smile. I had been denying faith all these years but hey, maybe its true?

“Snap out of it Gerard!” Revenge sneered. I shook my head to clear my mind to no avail.

“At least Frank is safe.” Red said. I bit my tongue. That may not be the case and I shouldn’t tell myself he will be okay because last time that happened my brother died along with Alicia and their baby. I sighed and rubbed my hands together. When would I know my best friend will be okay? How long will his wife’s surgery last? Fame seemed extremely happy as he looked out the window, probably thinking of tomorrow’s paper. I looked up and spotted the TV mounted on the wall. I pulled it out and turned it on. I was expecting nothing since the bill had to be pre-paid but it did turn on right onto the news report. I sat back out curiously. Keep the faith…

“Today’s main story it about a man who saved a New Jersey couple from a car crash before their car exploded, here is Nikodem Karpenia with the details.”

“Thanks Cathy, ex-rock star Gerard Way from the band My Chemical Romance, saved his friends life along with his friends wife’s life in a car crash. Their car was making a turn when a truck hit them…”


I watched the rest of the report and even got to see myself dragging Frank out of the car and the car exploding behind us. We weren’t even that far away when it did so!

“Nice job Gee.” I turned around to see Frank awake and smiling at me.

“Thanks.”

“I owe you my life!” I smiled weakly.

“No you don’t, consider this payment for all you’ve done for me.” He sighed but them the smile returned.

“Deal.” His smile faltered. “Where’s Jamia?”

“Surgery.” I realized how awful that sounded so I added; “to get her arm fixed cause it got smashed in the crash.”

“Oh!” he breathed a sigh of relief. “What’s wrong with me then? “ I walked to the foot of his bed and handed him the chart. He scanned it then handed it back to me to hang up again.

“Cool.”

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Minor concussion and nothing else.” he chirped.

“Well you’re going for x-rays soon.” I said.

“Oh, then maybe they can tell me why my ribs hurt.” He grinned and I smiled back.

“Probably bruised.” I said.

“Probably.” He looked at his bed sheets. “Thanks again Gee for saving both Jamia and I, I am forever grateful.” He turned serious in that sentence.

“I thought about leaving her there but then I thought you would kill me so I saved her too.” I joked. He grinned again.

“At least your sense of humor is back to normal.” We both laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I did this last night in the car on the drive back to school (i board during the week) so I'm sorry if there are a few mistakes, just point them out :)