‹ Prequel: Reflections

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall

007

As usual the bookstore was empty. I resorted to cleaning the shelves again while Graham cleaned the desk on the other side of the store. Suddenly the bell on the door sounded and I nearly jumped out of my skin. It was such an unfamiliar sound and I jumped up to watch a man walk into the store. He looked around and went straight up to the desk where Graham was. He looked extremely surprised and I bet I did too. We went days before without getting one visitor.

"Excuse me, do you have comics? I want to get one for my son." the man asked. He wore a suit which looked quite out of place in the dusty store. He also has salt and pepper hair and a tanned complexion. Honestly, he looked Italian. I was part Italian and my other side was Scottish. I returned to cleaning.

"Uh yeah, right over here." the man followed Graham a corner of the store that I have never been. I never even knew that we sold comics!

"What do you recommend? I don't know what he would be into these days." Graham recommended a favorite of mine that I haven't read since I was a kid. The guy bought three in the series and it made me wish I had money of my own to buy comics with. Soon I'll get paid but not if business doesn't perk up soon. The guy paid for the comics by credit card claiming he didn't have any cash on him and walked out of the store.

"Hey Gee." again I stood up and looked over the shelves at Graham. "This guy has the same last name as you." I raised my eyebrows. It wasn't as though my name is common.

"Yeah? What's his first name?"

"Donald." holy shit...
♠ ♠ ♠
Back from camping! Amen... so here is an update and yessss tension! Hopefully everyone knows what's going on here. If you don't, it will be explained in the next chapter. Comments are love.
By the way- I am creating a poll, which of my stories is your favorite out of all of them and why? Post on my profile :)