Dinner with my Sister

. o n e . a n d . o n l y .

His name is Ian. We’ve been friends since the third grade. He’s tall with golden hair, and piercing green eyes. We’re super close. He tells me everything, and he’s told me about this girl he’s in love with.

“She’s beautiful Katie.” He smiles as he describes her, a tall brunette, with sky blue eyes. He says she’s petite, and has light freckles across her nose and cheeks. He’s described me. I was thrilled, I’ve always loved him, but I say nothing. Tonight we’re going out for dinner. Him, Myself, my sister Amy, and her current boyfriend Talan. It was quiet as we drove to the small but fancy restaurant.

I pulled into the parking lot, spotting my sister’s yellow mustang. She’s quite bold, and I’m quiet. Our personalities are complete opposites, but our love for each other and our family is the same. I pulled into the spot next to her, my black car fading into the night, while her mustang demanded attention. We walked into the restaurant, and I spotted Amy and Talan, at a table with two more chairs. The salad and champagne were waiting at the table. I sat down at the square table, across from Talan. Amy was on my left, and Ian was on the right. I smiled as the waiter came over and took our orders, Amy and I ordered some fancy pasta, Ian and Talan both ordered a steak.

There was general conversation, a lot of it being on Talan and Amy’s relationship, and how they were doing. Amy said she’d never been more in love, and Talan said that within the week they were moving in together.

I was excited for my sister, and quite equally excited for myself. We ate in quiet conversation, enjoying each other’s presence. I was starting to get nervous, waiting for Ian to propose. I was sending as many signals that I was interested in him… Well as many as I could without seeming like a desperate whore, that is. When was he going to do it? I was pulled out of my thoughts by my sister’s voice.

“How’s the single life Katie?” Amy asked, a sweet smile gracing her face.

“It’s been fine, but I have a feeling it might be ending soon.” I glanced at Ian. He blushed. I poured another glass of champagne and raised it high. Maybe THIS would let him know.

“I propose a toast. To Love!” I smiled, as we clicked glasses.

“Speaking of proposing…” Ian pulled a small black box out of his coat, and I covered my mouth with both my hands.

“I’ve loved you for a long time, and I just want to know… Will you marry me-” I cut him off, in haste.

“Of course!” I shouted as he finished.

“Amy.”

“What?” My eyes grew wide, “AMY?”

“Yeah, Amy.” He sighed, and Amy smiled.

“I don’t know right now Ian, this is a little sudden.”

Did I mention Amy and I are identical twins?

Fuck My Life.
♠ ♠ ♠
:P

love

Kristen