The Guy At The Rock Show

The Guy At The Rock Show

I was so excited. Me and Holly were going to quite possibly the best concert of our lives. Maybe even the best night of our lives. It was going to truly be amazing. I couldn’t wait, seeing some of our favorite bands live. The thrill of the music when you can feel it thumping through your chest. The sensation of seeing people you idolize and love up close. It would be amazing. Even the ones I've never heard of or didn’t really like would be awesome. Everything sounds better live. It’s just so much more personal. It sounds so real and not manufactured, like CD's. We were planning on taking the bus downtown and staying the whole day and most of the night. The concert was going to be superb. Like nothing I’ve ever been too. It was a whole day of rain, music and a huge crowd of people. I was almost finished getting ready, wearing my favorite jeans and a low top with light green on green eye makeup. It contrasted perfectly with my light blonde hair and would wash off nicely instead of leaving big marks down my face because of the rain.
Holly arrived, late as usual wearing jeans and a nice top. Her long loose brown curls were left down today. They went very well with her doll like features and her piercing blue eyes. She was very small and petite but still managed to look grown up. I on the other hand was too tall with long limbs and curves that didn’t look to out of place on my body. She looked especially small next to me today even though I’d gone for flats rather than my usual heels. She also looked much more put together than I usually did but this was normal for us. We walked to the bus stop and waited in the pouring rain. When we got down to the park that the concert was at we headed straight to the front of the line. We were lucky and got tickets that meant we didn’t have to wait in line.
There were two stages set up. One very small one for the less famous bands and one large one that didn’t have anyone starting until another 3 hours. the crowd was massive at this one even though no one was playing and it was still early. We watched a few on the side stage and went and got lunch but we soon grew restless for some real music. Metric was just starting up one the stage so we decided to try and get to the front. It was now a huge mass of about twenty thousand people all packed against the stage. By the time she was done we were only about fifteen feet from where Alexisonfire was setting up. They were to go on soon.
"I think we should get closer to the stage." yelled holly over the noise of the crowd.
"K but stay away from mosh pits, there’s bound to be some people starting them up around here." I yelled back
she nodded her head in agreement and we edged even closer. It was such a thrill. My first concert where I'm not forced to sit back in the stands with the other kids who had to go with their parents. This was just me and my friend getting as close to the music as we wanted. No one telling us to come back or to say that we've gone too far. It was so fun. I looked at the ground and saw a mass of mud that my shoes were sinking into. Of course, we were at a park and it had been raining all day. The lush grass that had once been underneath the huge crowd of people had been turned into a giant mud pit. It was just getting worse as the rain continued, but it was fun in a way. Very savage, uncivilized.
The sun was just starting to set but you could barely see it through the rain clouds. It was so packed at the front with everyone pushing and shoving. Me and holly were holding hands so we wouldn’t get separated. Seeing as she had all the money and communications. If we lost each other I'd be screwed. I was shoved into some ugly guy with pimples all over his face dragging holly with me. So gross, but there were so many people I was pressed up against him with no where else to go. The rain continued to drizzle down on us as we awaited the performance excitedly.
All of a sudden alexisonfire took the stage and as the music blared out of the speakers not even twenty feet away, the crowd broke out in mosh pits everywhere. Their frantic and violent form of dancing was really just a show of fists and feet smashing around trying to hurt people. Somebody grabbed my black sweater, which I had bought at the souvenir store, and dragged me into the madness. I reached out for holly's hand as she was wrenched away from me. I was so scared. All those men around me hitting and kicking. I felt a fist connect with my jaw and my eyes teared up at the pain. Holly was nowhere to be seen as I tried to stay standing. Everyone knew it could be deadly if you fell in a mosh pit. So often you heard stories of people being crushed to death by thousands of peoples trampling feet.
I jumped up in the midst of those men’s flying limbs to look for holly she was nowhere in sight. I looked around frantically realizing I was all alone. I was so scared, practically in tears from the pain and realization that I was truly all alone. It all happened so fast just like that I was whisked away into a flurry of flailing limbs. But just like that I was out. I felt a pulling on my sweater as a handsome man, probably only a few years older than me, pulled me out of the reach of the mosh pit. I was so scared that I didn’t even care to see if it was someone I knew. I buried my face in his chest hiding from anything else that might hurt me more.
Alexisonfire was still playing as I finally had the courage to look up at my savior, who surprisingly hadn’t fled from my teary eyes and lightly bruised face. I couldn’t even imagine how I looked now with my bedraggled hair and red eyes. I unfortunately then realized he was, well the only way to describe it is hot. He was taller than me, which is unusual, with not extremely short but not long very dark hair. His eyes were dark as well but very beautiful. His skin was a light tan color mostly covered by jeans a sweater and a jacket. He must be so hot in this packed crowd. Even with the rain it was very humid and absolutely boiling with the sun and all these people.

"Hi," I said staring up at him trying not to look like a total idiot.
"Hey, are you ok?" he asked. Genuinely concerned, to my surprise.
I looked into his dark dark eyes and said "oh, uh, yeah I’m fine. Just a little bruised, thanks."
It all of a sudden got very loud as one of the favorite songs, Young Cardinals, began playing as the crowd broke out again in mosh pits. I was almost dragged in so many times but he stayed with me and kept me safe. This was something that was truly out of a fairy tale. I always imagined being saved by my prince charming, and maybe I was making to much out of it but I really felt like a princess with him holding on to me and protecting me from everyone else.
"Hold on to my hand and don’t let go. I'll keep you safe." He shouted over the roar of the crowd.
I nodded and stepped as close as I could to him. We were pushed every which way through the crowd. He still held on to me though, looking down every few minutes as if to make sure I was still there. He smiled every time he saw me looking up at him. He had an amazing smile.

I could feel the music vibrating all around and through me it was so amazing. Finally though they stopped and the crowd ceased their pushing and shoving. The next band started to set up in the brilliant oranges and pinks of the sun setting just over to the West.

"Are you from around here?" he asked as he, to my regret, let go of my hand. He must have been just being polite since now there was no need for me to worry about being trampled.

"No, I live in this really hickish town about an hour and a half like, uh... South-East of here I guess. How about you?" I replied

"Oh ya I live right in this neighborhood. It’s like a 5 minute car drive." he said "What's your name?"

"Jules," I said mischeviously, batting my lashes." Nice to meet you." I said

"Andrew. I'm gad I met you too." he replied looking rather enraptured.

"So who did you come to see?" I asked, taking in his Metric t-shirt.

Not to my surprise he replied "Metric. How about you?"

"Oh you know, I’m here for the music in general. But I am excited to see A.F.I. Me and my friend were a bit obsessed in grade seven."

"Oh that’s cool. So then how old are you now?" he asked non-challantly

"Oh um...well...it doesn’t matter." I muttered quietly

He looked at me strangely and said "It does to me. Why won’t you tell me?"

I ducked my head so I couldnt see his beautiful dark eyes, "Because you wont want to talk to me if I tell you. Whenever I tell someone they always leave." I replied softly.

He grabbed my chin and gently tugged my face up so i had to look into his smoldering eyes, "There is nothing you could say to make me not want to talk to you." he replied

He was so bold with someone he had just met. I could feel my face burning up. Especially when I thought of him holding my face in his hands and being so close to me, saying such sweet things. I couldn't help it. I hung my head low hiding behind a thick veil of golden drenched hair. It was too much too look at him. And there was no hope of me lying because im just atrocious at it.

"Fine," I grumbled " I'm fifteen."

"Oh. He said startled, " I thought you were older. That's ok, i'm not much older."

I grimaced at that. Not that much older. How old could he be? He only looked about 16 or 17, which wouldn't be too bad. "How old are you?" I asked, realizing I sounded very dismayed.

"Turning 18, but it doesnt matter." He said grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers together. I looked up at him expectantly, wishing it was just us. If A.F.I wasnt playing next, I wouldnt have been able to resist pulling him out of the huge crowd and taking him somewhere we could be alone so that I could kiss him as much as I wanted. He was so captivating; unlike any guy I’ve ever known. He didn’t treat me like a child, or some harlot that he was paying off. It was like I truly mattered to him. And I know it’s only been like two hours and I should be looking for Holly but I couldn't help it. So when the band struck up their first song, Miss Murder, I grabbed both his hands and jumped and yelled the lyrics along with him and the rest of the crowd.

It was amazing being able to be with someone so amazing and to do one of my favorite things. Combining my music and my personal hero. I was blushing like mad at the thoughts in my head. What would happen if I just, reached up and pressed my lips to that piece of exposed neck in between his coat and jaw? would he pull away if I just kissed him, featherlight, on those soft looking lips?

Most of all I was thinking if I would ever see him again or was this a once in a lifetime thing? I didnt want to ever leave his side, especially if it meant I wouldn't be able to be with him ever again.

It frightened me to think that, the possibility of losing him was very high. I felt the need to be closer to him, in case he slipped out of my reach. I let go of his hands and slided my hands up his arms so my own arms were around his neck. He looked down at me smiling brightly, as if I made his day just by being with him. We stopped the manic jumping to whatever song they were playing now, I had lost track when i started thinkng how delicious his eyes were. How amazing it would be to run my hands along his chest, that looked very defined even through his shirt. I leaned in closer to him looking up at his smoldering eyes. He had stopped smiling, instead looking very tempted. As if he wanted something he couldnt have. I was only a few inches from his face when I remembered the crowd around us and we were split apart.

"Andrew," I cried trying to fight my way back to him. He was no where in sight though. Even if he could hear me over the crowd there were so many people, and who's to say he would want too. I was then truly alone with no one at all. Not even some stranger taking care of me. I barely felt the pushing and hitting of the crowd, nor the screaming fans as A.F.I fnished their last song. I had nowhere to go in a strage city with no way of communicating anyone. I felt like crying, I was so tired.

Billy Taent's performance went by in a whir of flashing lights and noise in the complete darkness. I looked up taking comfort in the millions of bright stars that were visible now through the leaving rain clouds. It had finally stopped but I didnt even feel the cold. I don't know how it's possible to miss someone you've only known for about 4 hours, but I did.

As the concert ended and the thousands of people left the destroyed segment of park that was now a muddy mess I trudged slowly up a small hill towards the exit. Hoping to see a familiar face. I knew I should be happy, that concert was amazingbut but I felt like something was missing. I looked and felt equally miserable in my soaked through attire and damp knotted hair. The mud covering my jeans from the knee down would take atleast an hour to wash out which i wasnt looking forward too.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder and wondered who would be bothering with me and why. I turned to see the face of the person who was interrupting my thoughts full of self pity. I hadnt expected too see those gorgeous eyes smiling at me in a way that made my heart flip over. I couldn't help but smile so brightly my cheeks hurt. I flung my arms around my neck and buried my face in his shoulder.

"Miss me?" He asked jokingly.

"More than you can imagine, " I replied softly into his jacket.

He held me close to him as if no one else was there and promised me everything would be ok. I looked up once again into those captivating eyes, looked at that beautiful smile and inclined my lips towards him, hoping he would take my bait. He did, of course he did. My body exploded in fire as his soft lips pressed against mine softly with an undertone of pure desire. I curled my hands through his lovely short hair and moved them down his back, pulling him closer too me. He was now working his way underneath my shirt feeling his way up my back. I gasped a bit as his fingers traced my spine under my shirt.

We were, very sadly interrupted by a man coughing near enough that he was cleary trying to get our attention. I had never seen this man in my life but Andrew was instantly ducking his head and pulling away from me. Removing his hands from my shirt to hold my hand instead.

"um...Hi dad. What's up?" He stuttered, looking very embarrassed.

"It's time to go home, I'll wait at the car." His dad said looking at the ground.

He walked away through the exit and dissappeared into the darkness. Andrew looked down at me sadly and whispered "I have to go."

I clung to him slightly, desperately not wanting the night to end. "Please don't go" I whispered into his neck.

"Will I see you again?" He asked

I nodded and pulled out a pen. Writing my name and e-mail in a blurred cursive across his arm, as my eyes watered at the thought of leaving him.

"Miss Jules. You may be the first girl I have ever loved" He whispered in my ear. With one more burning kiss he fled to the parking lot where he faded into the darkness.

I skipped all the way to the bus stop smilng cheerily. I didn't doubt that I would hear from him soon.

When i reached my destination i found an extremely worried looking Holly waiting there with two of our friends from school. She smiled, relieved at my being still in one piece.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading please leave comments <3