Sequel: Prince In Distress

Princess Crashing Down

Chapter 11

Afternoon:
Everyone was instructed to go home, but I didn't call my mom. I decided to walk the streets with Marissa for a while. Her parents weren't home, so we planned to head there after we got bored roaming the streets, which didn't take long.
"Oh my gawd. This feeling is killing me."
"I used to know what could fix it."
She looked at me and opened her eyes very wide.
"We could. I know where to get it."
"But I thought this whole thing started with pot."
"Things can't get any worse right now. I think we need it."
I followed her to an apartment in a little neighborhood. "My older brother would buy pain killers cheap here all through high school."
She knocked on the door in a weird way. Then I realized it must be a special knock to show we were here for drugs.
He opened the door. He was a plump man, with dark skin, and a beard. He was wearing a bathrobe. "Yes?"
"We need a little something."
"Like what, Doll?"
"Just the basics."
"Oh, ok."
He grabbed a few bags and handed them to Marissa. She slid money into his pocket, then we were headed out of the neighborhood.
"Why so much?"
"How long do you think this will al last?"
"A while."
"Exactly."
We went into her basement and lit a couple up. When I pulled a cloud of smoke through the joint, into my throat, I felt weird. It was something I had missed. Sure, I hadn't done it that many times before, but I used to do it as if I always had.
I let the smoke out slowly, through a small whole in between my lips. Marissa laughed, the fumes already getting to her.
"We will feel better when we're high right?"
I shook my head an felt woozy. "Every time."
She sat back and bit the end of the joint. She took a long drag and looked all around her. "I can't wait."
Night.
I brought Marissa back to my house and we were completely high, so we rushed past my mom and scrambled into my room. Through the door, my mom told me that she didn't expect us to go to school tomorrow after what happened, so Marissa was sleeping over.
"Oh my god!" Marissa laughed. "I feel sooo much -better." She toppled over and I laughed at her.
"Shhh!" I held my finger up to my lips and blew through them. "Want another?"
"We can't. We're at your house."
I laughed even more for no apparent reason.
"I have to lay down."
"So do I."
We layed next to each other on the bed. We stared at the ceiling. I almost felt like even pot couldn't get rid of this feeling for too long, then the inside of my head tickled, so I had to smack myself and we both started laughing.
"Night."
"Night."
We turned away from each other and I snuggled up to my pillow. I held my hand over my heart for a minute, then I opened my eyes and felt a tear trickle down my face.
I felt my own chest and noticed how smooth it was compared to the letters scarred onto Dillon's chest. The pain was unbearable.
Marissa was already asleep or at least had her eyes closed and her head somewhere in dream land.
I walked over to me desk and pulled out a paper cutter.
I held it's grip in my hand and placed the other end against my wrist.
I thought of Dillon and Sal and dragged it deep along my silky skin.
The blood bubbled over the crease I had made and it fell onto my desk, ending with a splash.
I laughed to myself and bent over to lay my head on my desk. "It's so cliche." I laughed uncontrollably, but at the same time by heart was pounding against the inside of my stomach, causing it to ache.
I fell asleep with my head on top of some books and my wrist laying out on my desk, blood falling from my wound.

Night:
I heard a knocking on my window, so I got up and ran over to it. The moon's light shown through the window and I could see the dried blood running down my arm. I pulled the window open and Dillon climbed into my room.
"Dillon!" I cried and ran into his arms.
He hugged me close to his body.
"Are you ok? Why -how are you here?"
"They let me go a few hours ago. They said I'm suspended for the rest of the year or until fourth quarter."
"Really?"
"Yeah. You look hot in your shorts and tank top."
"Why thank you." I said spinning around so he could examine every angle of me. He grabbed one of my hands and my hurt wrist.
"Owe."
"What's wrong?"
He looked at my blood-stained wrist and then back to me. He smelled my breath and backed away.
"Shit. Not you."
"Marissa's baked, too."
"Ugh." He sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed Marissa's head.
"We're ok. We didn't get hurt."
"You did."
"So? You said it felt so good. You said-"
"I know what I said, but what ever happened to what you said?"
"Haven't you realized that I never keep my promises anymore?"
He looked at me and sighed.
"Do you need me to go home or can I stay here?"
"Um. I really don't know. My mom will kill me if she sees you in here, but you can sleep on the floor on Marissa's side of the bed. My mom won't see you when she opens the door in the middle of the night."
"Are you sure you wanna chance that?
"I'm pretty sure I've chanced enough already."
"That's true."
He made his bed on the floor and whispered up to me. "Goodnight."
"Goodnight."
"I love you." And then I was asleep.