Sequel: Prince In Distress

Princess Crashing Down

Chapter 13 THE END

Morning:
I held Dillon's wrist again and ran my fingers over his deepest cuts. After everything that's happened so far, he's been hurting himself so much more. I was worried, but was warming up to the idea of him cutting himself. There is a reason.
"Why cut so deep?"
He peered down to his wrist, then looked back up again.
"Sooner or later it doesn't hurt as much as I want it to."
"What do you mean?"
"You get used to the pain from a simple cut. If you really want it to hurt, then you have to dig deeper."
This made me cringe.
"Oh."
He smiled and looked down on me.
"It's all good."
"I know."
I shrugged my shoulder, trying to hide how weirded out I felt.
I saw Connor shoot me an evil stare from the corner of my eye. When I turned toward him he stormed away.
"Everyone's taken care of?" Dillon said as he pulled me close and kissed the top of my hair.
I stayed silent.
"Sal, Connor, me, Marissa, Josh, and just about everyone else."
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
"I know."
"Good."
He dragged me through the huge, steel door and into the bathroom. He barricaded the door, so no one would walk in on us, especially because I was a girl in the boys bathroom.
I felt a deep sadness around me, then I found out why.
Dillon pulled out a razorblade and held it to his muscled arm.
Before he did anything, he looked up at me.
"Do you..."
"I don't know."
I eyed the blade down and my wrist began to hurt.
"You could. No one would know."
"I know."
I seemed to be saying that a lot lately.
Another blade layed in his outstretched hand and I grabbed it.
"You carry two blades in your bag?"
"Actually three."
He flashed me a smile and I melted away completely.
I held it close to my skin, just as he did, and I felt every emotion flowing towards me. I wanted to scream or cry. First I thought about how badly I wanted to shove this blade down Josh's throat. Then, I thought about how upset it made me that Connor couldn't even look at me. Then I could feel the shady memory of making love to Sal, which led to the picture of him falling to the ground and my own mother hating Dillon and how she doesn't know anything about me at all.
I saw the tiny, healing cut I had made that night and how weird it would look with a real cut next to it.
He was still staring at me and wondering what was taking me so long, but he didn't say anything.
"Um, ok. I'm ready."
His face tightened up and I knew he was gearing up for the pain, so I did too.
I was ready to cut myself with a freaking chainsaw before he was finally ready, too.
"1, 2......"
"Three." And I dug the blade, deep, into my arm. I carved across my skin and dragged my eyes along with the sharp edge. Blood looked like it was pouring out of me wrist, but there wasn't that much. My mouth dropped and I just stared at myself in the mirror, the blade still deep inside the cut. I still didn't feel satisfied. I wanted to saw right through my own arm.
I tried digging deeper and deeper, but I started to feel too much pain. I reacted quickly and pulled the blade out of my arm.
"Owe."
"Woah, be careful. You're trying to hurt yourself, not kill yourself!"
He grabbed my arm and we both watched the mess of blood all down my arm. There was blood coming from his, too, but it was a lot less.
I stared up at him with tear-filled eyes. He lowered his lips to mine and kissed me.
He held me close and I forgot all about the blood covering my own, frail arm because he wrapped his around me.
"It'll all get better from here my love."

Afternoon:
I ran into the house and peeked into four different rooms before I finally found my room. She was folding laundry on her bed.
I walked in really quietly, but she heard me and looked up.
"Hi honey. Is something wrong?"
"Well. Um-" I didn't know how to say it.
She walked over to me, worried, and placed her hand on my shoulder. "What, dear?"
I sat down on her bed and motioned for her to sit down, too.
She nodded her head and sat, looking into my eyes, which were already filled with tears.
"We have to talk."
"About what?" She was trying to stay calm.
"I guess I could start with Sal."
Her eyes grew wider.
"I had sex, mom."
Her hand flew up to her mouth and she was ready to explode with tears.
"I wanted to make a name for myself. I didn't want to be a loser in high school. I thought people would know me and want to be my friend. I thought I could be popular."
"By having- sex?" She cringed at the word.
"No." I put my head down. "I went to this really big party with someone older than me.
"How much older?"
"Not that much, but we got bored and went up to a room where a lot of people were hanging out."
"What are you saying, Isabella?"
"I smoked and had a little beer."
Her head fell into both of her hands this time and she started crying really hard. I wanted to break down and cry too, but it wouldn't be fair to my mom. I sucked in some air and went on.
"Sal was getting a bit obsessive and kept hitting on me, so Dillon got really mad and didn't trust him. Then, Sal tried to kill Dillon when they got in this big fight. Then, Dillon just shot him at the school." Now I was fully crying. Every time I thought about Sal I got upset.
My mom found the courage to hug me really tight.
"Oh sweetie. It still wasn't right for Dillon to do that."
"Dillon's suicidal."
Her head shot up. "What?"
"I know. It's too much to handle- that's why I'll tell you all the rest some other time."
"There's more?"
"Yeah, but it's not as bad."
"OK." She sighed in defeat and tried standing up, but I grabbed her arm and she looked at me.
"Wait, mom."
"What?" She said back down.
"I have something else we should talk about."
"Like what, sweetie? Is there more?" She sounded paranoid, but I couldn't keep this away from her any longer.
"I think we should talk about this." I lifted my hand up to her face and waved it around, showing her the beautiful engagement ring on my finger.
She looked back up to me and I just smiled. I planned on having this smile for the rest of my life because it was 100 percent real, true happiness.
THE END, BUT READ THE SEQUAL: PRINCE IN DISTRESS