Sequel: Prince In Distress

Princess Crashing Down

Chapter 2

Night:
I walked across the huge lawn, lights sparkling through the windows, changing colors -pink, to red, to green, to blue. I smiled and stood still,leaning over to see the amazing decorations everywhere. My dress reflected, it was a shiny silver and it just made it past my butt. I knew I'd be getting some attention tonight. I stood straighter and ran up to the door like an excited little girl. Josh reappeared with a six-pack in his hand. He put his free arm around my shoulder and I buried my head into his neck. I eyed the beer and rolled my eyes. Mental note: Keep my head straight and don't get sucked into drinking. We walked in and he immediately threw his hands in the air flashing off the beer and his arrival. I smiled shyly and glanced to every corner of the room. Basically, the house itself was all white, which made the lights brighter. Girls with even shorter dresses than me ran around with shot glasses in their hands.
"I'm gonna go look around." I whispered close to his ear.
"Why would you do that?"
"I don't know what to do."
"Just stick with me baby!" He dragged me over to the alcohol bar and grabbed a shot. He practically threw it into his mouth, then turned to me as a gesture that I should do the same. I picked up a shot and held up my arm once it was swallowed.
"Good girl." He picked up one after another, throwing a beer or two in the middle. It seemed he was more interested in getting drunk than actually drinking for show. A girl with her boobs popping out from her shirt and long, black hair climbing down her back, pranced up to Josh and started dancing on his side. I made a face, but she ignored it. He started grinding back with her, then remembered me on top of all that alcohol.
"I have a stand!" He yelled over the music. She got up off of him and left to the other side of the room.
"And he called me a princess." I huffed under my breath.
"What was that baby." He leaned in toward me.
I didn't expect him to hear me. "It's loud in here!"
"I know." His voice trailed off and he shoved against the wild people that were practically on top of him.
"I have an idea. Let's get away from all this noise for a minute."
We rushed, hand in hand, through the crowds of people. He kept rubbing his forehead because the alcohol overload from earlier. I followed close behind him up the stairs, still in his grip. He led me to a funny-smelling room and plopped straight down on the bed. I crinkled my nose to the smell.
"Are you ready for some fun?"
"I don't know." I started sounding shy and stupid, so I changed my tone to something more daring. "You tell me."
He smiled and handed me a rolled up piece of paper. I smelled it and jerked my head away from it. "This is pot!"
"I know." He smiled and sucked in as much air as he could, then held it, and breathed it out into my face. I pretended I didn't care while I was really gagging. "Take a drag."
He handed it over to me and I pressed it to my lips. It didn't have much taste. Then it all flew to me. He was lighting the other end and my throat filled with smoke, chocking me from the inside. I quickly breathed out, coughing.
"Whoa!" He jumped up and patted hard on my back. "Are you ok?"
I coughed more, but managed to shake my head.
"Have you ever smoked before?"
I shook my head again and he forced some liquid down my throat. Great -more beer. I actually liked the taste of it. I stopped coughing and looked at him.
"Can I have the rest of that?"
"Sure."
He handed me the bottle and I chugged it down so fast. I grabbed another and drank it until the last drop. Before I asked for another, I decided to try the smoking again, so I clasped it between my thumb and finger and pulled in a cloud of smoke. I exhaled swiftly and felt a soothing feeling creeping in toward my brain. I looked at Josh through weary eyes and we both smiled. I took one drag after another -over and over again.

Afternoon:
"You're incredibly late Ms. Marcc."
I waved my hand toward my teacher's face and handed her the tardy pass.
"Just sit."
Three boys were huddled in the corner joking about how high I was. I sat down at my desk, completely ignoring them.
"Rough night?" Connor leaned in towards me and sniffed my breath.
"Yes." I folded my legs up and sleepily layed my head down on the back of my chair.
"What the hell happened?"
"Let's just say I'm not a virgin anymore."
His hand slammed down on my desk and his face turned red. "What!"
"Calm down, Connor. I'm kidd-ing."
"Isaaaabellla! I didn't even see you walk in." Marissa threw her arms around me. "What happened last night?"
This was a perfect chance to steal the spotlight.It was one of the biggest things to happen to me in my life, and Marissa wasn't there.
"He tried, but I wouldn't let him."
"What!"
I shrugged my shoulders.
Connor bobbed his head back into the conversation. "Tried what?"
Marissa gave him a pathetic look, then flashed her eyes back to me. "Why?"
"Trust me, plenty more happened I'll let you know about later.
"Tried what?"
"Connor-"
"What!"
The bell rang and my ears ached.
"Did you ever go home last night? You know, after the party?" I snuck into my basement through that little window. I rushed out the door this morning at the last minute, saying I was late. Then I walked around for a while trying to get this fucking headache to go away, but I just decided it was time to come back here."
Her mouth was wide open and her eyes were bulging out from her head.
"Get to your next class, girls!"
I flashed a smile to a beautiful guy named Sal entering the room as I walked out. I winked and he grinned right back. Marissa slapped me on the shoulder.
"Don't get any ideas, you already have a hot guy."
I rolled my eyes and trailed off.