Sequel: Prince In Distress

Princess Crashing Down

Chapter 4

Morning:
I wasn't feeling any better, but I was back to my mini skirt and tops. It took me an hour to pile the makeup on my face because I kept crying it off and having to start over again. I opened my locker and couldn't help but to stare at the row of pictures lining the inside. There were six -three of them being me and Marissa, one of me and Courtney, and two of me and Dillon. I grabbed a few books and slammed my locker shut.
I walked down the hall without trying to impress anyone. I ran my fingers through my hair out of habit and immediately wished I hadn't because Paul and a friend started following me. Why do people always do that? I turned around and rolled my eyes.
"Hey there pretty lady!" The friend threw his arms around my neck and looked down to my chest.
"Back off." I tried breaking free, but he was holding my neck and standing too close.
"Oh, I see Joshy's got a little wild one."
"What?" The friend looked over to him and let go of me.
"Yeah Zach, this is Josh's girl."
'Zach' gave me a pleading look and I knew I wasn't supposed to tell Josh he had his hands all over me. Then his face lit up.
"Wild. Humph."
"What?" I stared him down, then looked at Paul, then he was the one to put an arm around my shoulder. He held his other hand out to no one in particular.
"Wild in the bed!"
I ducked under his arm and shot back up immediately. I pulled hair out of my mouth and looked at them horrified. "What!"
Zach looked concerned like he was afraid of me, but Paul just grinned annoyingly.
He didn't even try to touch me again.
"We both know what went down at the party."
"I didn't-" I started to protest.
Paul just shook his head and smiled. His bounced his hand in a gun shape, toward me then walked off with nervous Zach behind him.
"What!" I screamed down the hall after them.
Almost on cue, Marissa came parading down the hall with two boys Zach and Jake next to her. She didn't care who was listening -she just started yelling at me. "You s-lept with him?"
I shook my head as fast as I could, but she didn't care. She stepped closer to me, as I stepped back. "
"You told me you did-nt!"
"Because I didn't!"
"You liar!" She got closer to my face.
"Marissa!"
"What?"
"Get out of my face!" I pushed her away from me and looked away to take a breath.
The two boys had caught her and she was blowing her bangs out of her face.
"I can't believe you Isabella!" She stomped away with the two boys high-fiving behind her. Cat fight.

Afternoon:
I sat next to Connor immediately and he ignored me. I looked all around me, a brand new thing to see who was looking at me, and finally realized I was sitting next to him. It would be too obvious if I got up now, so I shuffled my things and took out a piece of paper. I randomly started doodling and scribbling, then he stretched and hid arm bumped into me.
"I'm sor-"
He gave me an evil look, then turned away again.
"Connor." I whispered.
He ignored me again.
"Connor, it was beer and p-pot."
His entire body tensed and his face was twisted. He wanted to scream out and help me, but he was supposed to be mad.
"There's no use telling me now."
"There is."
He didn't say anything. Lately, there's been a lot of silences between us.
"At lunch he was embarrassed of me because I was so sick from staying up all night with him to do -that stuff." I stuttered. "
"I don't know you anymore."
"Connor."
"What?"
His eyes were gentle when he looked at me. I could tell that last night had hurt him more than anything. Like I said, I've never seen him upset before. Today was the first day he wouldn't smile.
"Please smile."
"Why?"
"Because I love you."
"No you don't."
"Yes I do."
"Just pay attention, Princess."
I froze. When the dweeb called me that I thought it was because he was jealous of my popularity, but Connor was saying it. now. I had to put my head down before I started crying again. I started running over everything from that night, then I caught onto what I promised myself when I was sick. I said I would never do it again. Would I really never try to do it again? What if I was- shit. What if I was trying too hard to impress 'them.' I wanted to scream. Everyone was right, but me.
"Isabella!"
"Yeah!" I looked up thinking he was going to be smiling and happy all of a sudden - he wasn't. He was shoving papers at me.
"Take the damn papers."
I passed them along and sulked down into my seat.
Marissa eyed me form the other side of the room. She was scribbling something on a ripped piece of paper. She passed it to a few people and whispered in their ears. Sooner or later, it was in my hands. Her fancy script was imprinted on the front of the folded-up paper. I was afraid to open it, yet so anxious.
I neatly unfolded it and read it almost out loud.
Everyone around school is calling you a whore because you slept with Josh.
"I did-" I thought twice about talked across the room and immediately wrote my side of the story on the note.
You know everything that happened that night. I didn't sleep with him and I'm not planning to.
I sent it back and watched the clock until it came back again -67 seconds.
You better talk to Josh. I heard he's the one spreading the rumor.
I stared down at the sentence for a while and wished it would just turn invisible.
What- Erased.
I didn't fucking- Erased.
He didn't. He would never- Erased.
I will.