Sequel: Prince In Distress

Princess Crashing Down

Chapter 5

Lunch:
I couldn't find Josh anywhere and everyone else I knew was pretty much avoiding me by now. I picked up my tray and ate alone for the first time in my life.

After School:
I sat on the stairs to my school and waited. I didn't even know who I was waiting for.
"Hey."
I looked up to see Sal standing over me. I felt so stupid for sitting on the ground while he was trying to say hi to me. I got up and dusted off my skirt.
Finally I said, "Hi."
He laughed clutching onto the arm of his backpack. "So.. I saw you at the end of class the other day. Well, your class."
I smiled back. Someone was actually talking to me and it felt really good."Yeah."
"Yeah." There was an awkward silence that made me want to freak out. I had had enough silence for the past few days.
He nodded his head. Suddenly I remembered.
"Oh yeah! You were coming into class when I was leaving."
"Yeah." Is that all he knows how to say.
"Well, how are you?" He looked confused.
"I'm fine- wait. I thought you were interested in me or something." Great -now he can talk.
"I am." I twirled my hair like a little girl and swayed from side to side.
"Great. So, you wanna go out sometime?"
"When?"
"Tonight, maybe?"
I wanna to slap myself across the face. "Sure. Call me sometime tonight and we can meet up somewhere." I wrote my number on his hand and blew him a kiss as he walked away.
"You really are a whore, aren't you?"
I turned around to see my best friend. The same one that was trying to call me a whore. "I'm a whore?" I had no idea where I was going with this.
"Oh stop playing dumb, Isabella." She narrowed her eyes at me.
Then Connor came through the door and walked right past us. Once he saw Marissa's expression he backed up and stood by my side.
"Who's side am I supposed to be on?" He joked.
"Pick her side. I'm not wasting anymore time on this bitch." Marissa scoffed.
My jaw dropped and I felt more tears. Shouldn't I be burnt out by now or something?
"Marissa."
"What? What the hell could you possibly have to say to me?
"I did na-thing to you!"
"Right, you just did everything to everyone else."
"What?"
"You know what I mean!"
"Uh, I don't." Connor butted into the middle and raised his hand.
"She's a fucking little skank that can't keep her claws off of every guy she sees!"
"Shut up!"
"Make me!"
"Stop it." Connor rushed between us again, this time to break up the fight.
"I don't want to be known as the slut's best friend!" That's when my best friend walked away from me. Leaving me with Connor and Josh behind me.
"Uh, Izz. You might wanna turn around."
Aggravated, I faced the other way and say Josh standing there.
"How long have you been there without saying anything?" I was being a bit too harsh.
"I think the question is, who the hell are you dating?"
"You, Josh." I was getting defensive.
"It doesn't sound that way."
"I'm not dating anyone else!"
Connor stood awkwardly next to me.
"Are you dating him?"
"No!"
"Would you?" Connor was getting excited.
"Connor!"
"Sorry."
"Don't yell at him! I don't have to put up with you. You can't even keep freaking alcohol down for a few hours."
"I'm a freshman!"
"I know. I'm a sophomore. I don't know why I ever even put up with you."
"What?"
"Oh wait. I know why -because you looked like a defenseless, little slut that I could screw and leave for some other senior!"
My jaw was really aching from being wide open all the time. "Well now I guess you're leaving me because you know I'm not some little slut that will screw you." I crossed my arms.
"No, I'm leaving you because you're a crazy little slut!"
He stomped off and Connor tried hugging me.
"Oh yeah! Well -well. I have pleeenty other guys that would just love to be with me. I turned to Connor and threw myself into his arms, making out with him.
"Screw yourself, Josh!" I turned back toward Connor, who was completely astonished.
"I'll see you tomorrow." He did some stupid, little flip/spin thing and ran off like a little kid. At least I'm not the only one.
What the hell was I supposed to do? I had broken Dillon's heart, made a date with Sal, been dumped by Josh, and kissed Connor. Everything's crashing down.

Night:
Sal and I had decided on him picking me up at 5:00 instead of meeting somewhere. He said he wanted to take me to a drive-in in his mom's mini van, so we'd have a lot of space in the backseat to lay down. I already owe dot myself that nothing would go too far tonight. I said my goodbye's to my mom who was the only one home for the past four days straight after school. I walked out the door with a sweater over my shoulders even though it was pretty hot outside.
"Hey." I tried smiling when I got into the car, but I really didn't feel like keeping it up for too long. We pulled into the drive-in pretty quickly because he chose one close to his house.
"Incase we have to get back home fast and safe." Was all he said. Then he folded up all of the seats in the back and layed out blankets and pillows. I opened the back door as wide a I could reach, hoping to give off the signal that I just wanted to watch the movie.
"Wait." He stopped me by putting his hand over mine. "I have something special."
He went into the side pocked of his care door and pulled out a baggie of joints.
"I already rolled 'em for us." He clapped his hands together and went to get a lighter. "hold these a sec?"
I just stared at the little bag for a while, taking everything in. I remembered how good I felt at the party. Everything I was going through right now would all be gone after this. I crossed my fingers behind my back as I lit my own this time. I had experience even though it was very little. I sat with blankets over my legs and puffed away at the joint. My feelings were already starting to be suppressed.
He seemed familiar with it. He just sat and looked around at the trees and ground. He held it as if it were a toothpick and took drags on it like it weren't even there. A long trail of smoke flew out from his mouth and I swore I could see my own reflection in it. I was a mess, but I took another long drag and the image went away by itself.
"I heard talk around school, this is how you spend most of your time so-"
"What?" I choked on a cloud of smoke, if that's even possible.
"You're like the freaking weed queen. You rock."
I sat staring at my hands for what felt like forever.
"Weed queen?" I whispered to myself.
"Is something wrong?"
"Yes."
I handed him my joint and threw the blankets off my legs.
"I'll just walk home alone, I'll be fine." I stumbled through a few bushes and held my head.
"Wait!" He chased after me and grabbed my arm. "You already seem pretty out of it. How about you just enjoy yourself for a while. My house is right down the street like I planned. None of my parents are home, just my big bro and he'll take you home safely."
I couldn't argue.
I sat back down and we went about out business. We sat and laughed through half of the most depressing scenes in the movie and made out a few times under the covers. I was fully out of it by the time we sped home in the van. We were speeding so fast that we almost slammed into a stop sign.
"Woo hoo!" I screamed out the window.
I hung onto the front of him as we paraded into the house yelling and chanting.
We passed right by his older brother.
"Is he gonna take me home?" I was holding in laughter for no apparent reason.
"He's assssleep." he cracked up. "Just stay here for a while longer."
"Ok."
I was still hanging onto the front of him when he layed down on the bed on his stomach. I was being squished under him, which was funnier.
He started making out with me then stopped. "Wanna know what else is fun with me on top?"
I couldn't comprehend. "What?" I laughed.
"Just lay back and you'll figure it out." He was walking towards me, stretching a condom out. "Ready?"