Sequel: Prince In Distress

Princess Crashing Down

Chapter 6

Morning:
I woke up in Sal's bed and looked through the opening of the bathroom door. I was surrounded by light. The window behind me was three times larger than the king sized bed. Boy wasn't he living large. For a minute I wondered why I was here. Was it even Sal's house? How did I get here. Then a naked Sal came out of the bathroom to say good morning.
"Hey."
"Aaaah!" He rushed over to me completely exposed. I waved my hands in front of my face begging him not to come any closer.
"What's wrong!"
"Why are you naked?"
"What?"
"Sal, you're named!"
"I know."
"Why?"
"What?"
"Ugh." I buried my head under the blankets and thought over everything I could remember about the date. I had my clothes on from the night before. It just didn't make sense.
When I came back up he was sitting on my side of the bed waiting. "Now can you please explain to me why you're freaking out?"
"Oh yeah. I forgot how much you drank last night." He made an impressed face and got up off the bed.
"First of all, but some clothes on so I can look in the eye. Second, what the hell are you talking about?"
"He explained while putting on his boxers. "We went to the movie and got high. Then we came back here are got a little trashed. Next thing I knew we were-"
"Oh my god!"
"What?"
"Sal? Oh no oh no."
"What's wrong?"
"Sal, I'm a virgin."
"Was a virgin." He pointed out and raised an eyebrow.
I wasn't even gonna try to fight because that's all I ever did lately. Sal is standing over me after we fooled around and my head is pounding.
"Want anything to drink?"
"I think I've had enough, thank you." I said sarcastically.
"I meant soda or water or something, but suit yourself."
I put my hand over my face and he laughed.
"What's wrong?"
"What do you think is wrong with me?"
"You didn't have fun last night?"
"I don't even re-mem-ber last night!"
"Calm down."
I took a breath and waited for my anxiety to pass.
"I should tell you the truth."
"What truth?"
"ok, so where do I start?"
He smiled. Obviously he has no idea what I'm about to say.
"I slept with you, broke Dillon's heart, got dumped by Josh, and made out with Connor." I put my head down, but managed to look up at him.
His expression was made up of pure confusion and horror.
"Who's Dillon and Josh, and Connor?"
"You met Connor today."
"No."
"Oh wait never mind?"
"Are you trying to tell me that you have so many guys that you're mixing them up now?" I was defeated.
"Yes." I said much too quietly.
"Oh my fuck-ing gad!"
"Sal."
"What do you expect me to say. 'Oh it's ok, sleep with whoever you want.' Those fucking rumors were true Isabelle."
"Isabella."
"What?"
"You called me Isabelle -it's Isabella." I don't know why I was so concerned about my name.
"Whatever."
"Just call me a prin-cess." I said sarcastically to myself.
"What?"
"Everyone else does. They all think I'm some trashy whore."
"Well let's see. You get completely smashed on and weed, you sleep with ten guys at once-"
"No I don't. Vir-gin remember?"
"Whatever."
"Stop using that attitude with me."
"Oh fuck off and get outta my house."
I picked up my shoes and slammed the front door behind me. I walked a few houses down, then hid behind a tree and slid down on my back. I buried my face in my hands and cried. Now I broke Dillon's heart, been dumped by Josh, Kissed Connor, slept with Sal, and broke Sal's heart. What else could go wrong?

Afternoon:
I finally decided to go home and rest for a while. My hair was a mess and I reeked of alcohol. I had stopped by the drug store to by Tylenol, when a guy stopped me. He was wearing a thick coat and didn't make full eye contact with me. He asked me why I was going into the drugstore and I said I needed a pain reliever. He took my words into consideration and handed me a small bottle of pills and a tiny baggie of white powder. 'This is a pain reliever.' He had said to me. I knew how to bargain with people on the street. I spent two years on New York with my Uncle a few years back and remember most important things. No matter what they give you, whip out a 50 and they'll leave you alone. So I handed him the money and he walked away, looking secretive, yet not so hidden -good idea.
I looked down at the drugs and thought how each should be taken. I was pretty sure the pills were swallowed and the powder was to go through your nose. Otherwise, I didn't know anything about it. I felt weird about even holding it, but I could put it to good use. There are plenty of drug addicts in my school that would buy this off of me. I shoved it into my pocket and walked along home.
I walked around the corner to get to my house and saw Dillon and Marissa sitting on my front steps. I walked slower thinking of what to say, but Dillon ran up and hugged me first. Marissa stayed sitting.
"I'm sorry."
"For what?"
"For everything."
"Dillon, I was wrong. I snapped at you."
"But I forgive you Isabella."
"Why?"
"Just stop arguing with him and accept his apology. You're allowed to apologize too, you know." Marissa chimed in.
"I know. I'm extremely sorry. There's so much I've needed to tell you guys lately. I need help, badly."
"We know. Marissa's sleeping over tonight and you guys are gonna keep me on the phone all night."
"Why are you two doing this?"
Marissa stepped forward and put a hand to her heart. "We love you Isabella. Just, you and the smoking and drinking, it really did scare us."
"Especially the way you were acting." Then Dillon got quiet.
"Dillon I'm sooo sorry." I felt he needed his own apology. I hugged him and he embraced me back as close as he could.
"I'll be by your side Izzy." Dillon said.
Marissa just nodded. She wasn't much to talk when it came to Dillon. Someway or another she found out that I broke his heart and she must be carefully protecting him from me.
"I want everything else to just disappear."
"What do you mean?"
"I want to start over. You know, starting with the first day of school."
"How?"
"Just end everything up until now."
We sat and I explained everything to them. I could hear Dillon's heart pounding when I got to the parts about me and Sal, then Marissa was speechless when I told her how insane things got with the alcohol. Last night was a full-blown mistake and it was the first thing out of my way. Now that he would probably never talk to me again, that was taken care of. I had a lot more to do to fix things up with Dillon, but Marissa would fall back into my force field easily. As for Connor, I had no idea what to do. Maybe he would except the whole thing as a jealousy thing and we could be friends again. Probably not.

Night:
Marissa and I spent all night talking about makeovers like we always did. We were both avoiding the time when we had to talk about my problems. Ugh. I hate that fact that I can say I have problems. I'm supposed to be perfect.
Finally, we looked everything up online for a couple of hours. We barley talked and just read about 50 web sites.
"Hold on, sorry. I reallllly have to pee." She bounced away and I heard the bathroom door slam shut and lock. I looked on the side toolbar on the last web site we were on. It was called 'all about the influence.' There was a picture of the same pills and white stuff I bought today. I clicked on the link. It brought me to a page talking all about how it makes you feel. It said it numbed all pain for as long as you wanted, it all just depended on how much you took. At the bottom was a large paragraph explaining why you should never try it, but I avoided that part.
I ran to my jeans and pulled out the stuff. I opened the bottle and pushed some of the pills to the back of my throat. I didn't have any water ear by and wanted to do this fast, so I swallowed them dry.
I unsealed the baggie and poured it out onto a piece of paper, so it was easy to throw it all away after. I rolled a sticky note into a cylinder and put it right under my nose. I breathed in and flecks of the white powder flew through the home-made straw and into my nose. It burned, but felt so good. I went a little overboard with the new experience and sniffed as much as I could off the paper, then crumpled it up and threw it in my trash. I kept breathing fiercely through my nose to make sure it all coursed through.
I didn't feel as if I had had enough. I spilled a few more pills out into my hand without counting and threw them all over my tongue. It tasted like arsenic, but I swished them around in my mouth for a minute before swallowing.
Marissa barged in and I cupped my hand over my mouth because I would of spit them out from the freight.
"What are you doing?"
I swallowed them hard and coughed. Nothing.
Suddenly, she raised her hand and pointed to my face.
"What?"
"Your nose!"
How could she tell? No - she couldn't.
"What?"
"It's bleeding -a lot."
I ran to get a tissue and knocked over my trash in the hurry.
"Dammit."
I held the tissue to my nose and tried swiping the rest of the powder back into the trash.
"What the hell is that?"
"Nothing."
"Move." She shoved passed me and swiped some of it off onto her fingers. She smelled it and stared at it.
"No."
She shook her hand rapidly to get it all off and she wiped her nose.
"I know exactly what this is."
She shoved by me again and reached for the bottle on my desk. She dumped them all out into my trash.
"After all that Isabella!"
"I'm sorry."
She grabbed my wrist and held it far away from my face.
"Then leave!"
"No! I'm not going anywhere. We're going to end this. To-ge-ther!"
I wanted to cry. tears snapped at the bottom of my eyelids.
"I promise I will."
She looked at me like I was a liar- which I was. Then she gave me that same. exact smile she always had when we were lying. The same smile to flashed on the first day of school. This was the first time she had ever had to use it on me.