3 Cheers For Sweet Revenge

It's Not A Fashion Statement part 2

I don't remember ever getting to the house.
I don't remember being put on a table and operated on.
I opened my eyes, and saw a strange, tall gangly man standing over me.

"Lucky to be alive! I had to break open my black market reserves of blood! You're an odd one, I'll tell you that!" said the man.

I looked around the room, a small, well lit room, clean, immaculate. Everything was white.

"Ah yes, my operating room! Black told me about you, I had no idea he was really two people! Last time I spoke to him, he was driving somewhere with some broad," the man said, walking over to a sink to wash his hands.

I slowly sat up, feeling the sting and tug of sutures in my back and leg.

"Easy friend, no sudden movements okay?"

I nodded groggily, slowly sliding off of the table and onto the white tiled floor.

"By the way, I'm Shephard, Israel Shephard, " the man said, walking over with a clean hand outstretched.

I shook it weakly, every movement was a pain to me.

How do you know this man?
(He helped me out back in the day when I was still flesh and blood.)
I never thought of you as a ghost.
(I'm not dipshit! I'm an entity, a spectre, a lost soul.)
A ghost.
(Whatever, I just saved us!)

Black was right, he did just save us.

"So where are you headed now? Black tells me you're looking for a revenge of some type."
Shephard said, turning away to clean his surgical tools.

"Yeah, I'm gonna find my old employer, and kill him for what he's done."

Shephard shrugged, "Suit yourself friend, but if you're gonna go for revenge, you need your weapons right?"

(Don't worry, he still has our weapons.)
I'm not.

"Black tells me it's a certain Rochester, is it not?"

I nodded as I slowly stretched myself out.

"Hmm..that one there, he is bad blood to spill. You cut him, he kills you."

"It makes no difference, I have nothing left to lose," I replied bitterly.

"So it seems. Listen, you go and get your revenge, make it slow and painful for that sonuvabitch you hear? Just make sure to make ends meet when you're done okay?"
Shepard said, his back turned as he continued to sterilize and clean his equipment.

"Your weapons are in the closet, go ahead and take them. Get going, you don't want to miss your girls funeral now do you?"

I spun around, casting him a look of surprise.

Shepard still had his back turned, but he could sense my shock.

"Come now boy, your lady is all in the news. Hell, you are too! You ain't exactly a stranger here in Chicago."

I went to the closet, opening the white door and reclaiming my weapons, which were hung on a solitary coat hanger.

"They're locked and loaded, I've added three fresh .45 ACP magazines there for you. Take care Mister, and take care of Black, he's a good man."

Yeah right.
(Watch it.)

"Here, I got her obituary right here." Shephard said, handing me a torn out section of a newspaper.

It stated all her personal information as well as the time and location of her funeral service.

I thanked the man and left the small white house on the hill.
He let me borrow his car, a nice sentiment really.
I told him not to expect getting it back, but he only nodded with a smile and said he was used to that.

(So now where do we go?)
To the cemetary, where the funeral is happening.
(They sure move fast these days with those things don't they?)
Yeah, I get to see her one last time, before we go.
(Go where?)
You know just as much as I do.
(Death?)
You got it.

I started the car, it worked like a dream.

(So when is the service and where?)
Tommorrow, at nine in the morning, Cemetary Drive.
(Cemetary Drive? That's a far drive.)
We'll make time, I'm not stopping.
(Don't ever stop.)
Never.