3 Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Cemetary Drive part 1

Image
This night, walk the dead. Those who have nothing to live for.
(Nothing to live for.)
In a solitary style.
(We're all alone here, just you and me.)

I drove all night, when I started to feel sleepy, Black would take over driving for a little while.
It was odd, being behind the wheel, but not driving.
We made it to the funeral service just in time, we crashed through the cemetary gates.
The car knocking over a couple headstones as we screeched to a muddy hault. I made sure to retrieve an empty water bottle from the cab of the car.

I stepped into the chapel, a clean and large building. An ironic monument set upon such a rundown scene. I entered the bathroom quietly and calmly.
I sat down in a solitary stall, checking my weapons over again, making sure they were locked and loaded.

I heard someone suddenly enter the bathroom with me, they were talking on a two way radio.

"Where the hell is Winters?!" shouted the stranger.

The response on the radio was, "He's drinking by the mausoleum door, he's out of his security perimeter! Damn Rent-A-Cops!"

"For shit's sake, get his ass back in position! We got some very important people here who require security! We don't want to piss off Mister Rochester now do we?!" the man shouted into his radio.

I knew I was in the right place, I retrieved the water bottle I had taken from the car from my coat pocket. I twisted and pushed it onto the barrel of the gun, making a makeshift silencer.
I was struggling with the task at hand, grumbling and groaning, causing the man on the radio to stop his conversation.

"Rick?! Rick?! Do you copy?!" crackled the voice on the radio.

"Huh? Oh yeah, yeah, some dude is taking a huge shit in here..making lots of noise!"

The man on the other end of the radio snickered.

"Excuse me, Sir? Could you hande me some toilet paper? I'm all out in here!" I shouted from the stall.

I heard the man grumble to himself, "Yeah, will paper towels be okay?"

"That's fine! Thank you!"

I heard him tell his buddy on the radio to hold on as he went and got some paper towels from the dispenser. I heard him set the radio down on the sink, and walked towards the stall door.

"Here," he said gruffly, passing me the handful of towels.

"Ugh, I'm having a hard time reaching it! Could you lean in a little closer?"

I heard him sigh with impatience, but he did as I had asked.
When his hand was in reach, I grabbed his hand and pulled hard, slamming his head into the stall door.

I heard him grunt from the impact, then collapse disoriented. He tried to get to his feet, but I opened the door on his face, slamming it hard. He fell face down on the grimy floor again, I stepped over his body and proceeded to slam his head in the stall door, over and over. Blood, hair, and teeth spattered across the pale green tiled floor. He could only utter gasps and gurgles as I crushed his skull.

(Damn boy, and you say I got issues!)
Quiet. I hear someone coming.

No sooner had I silenced Black, did another security officer walk in.
He stopped immediately, seeing the pool of blood, the smashed skull and exposed gray matter of his comrade.
He instinctively reached for his pistol, but I already had my weapon drawn.
With the water bottle muffling the gunshot, I fired into his forehead, his brains and skull splattering against the walls and mirror.
His body collapsed heavily, his destroyed head bouncing sickly.

(What a mess! You know they'll find them here, on the bathroom floor.)
I know, that is why I have to work quick.
(Get to it.)

Helena, how I've missed you. I've missed you, so far from me now, on your way to heaven and me on my way to hell.

(Not a happening place.)
Like you know?
(There is something I need to tell you.)
Save it.
(It can't wait Grey, you need to know this before we go any further.)

I sighed impatiently, but nodded. I locked the bathroom door.
(Now go to the mirror so we can talk.)

I did as asked, and stood in front of the bloody reflection.
(Turn off the lights an listen closely.)
Are you serious?!
(Yes! Do it!)

I obeyed reluctantly, and flicked off the lights. Only a pale ray of sunlight shone in through a window. Very soon the blood smeared and wavering shadows of the bathroom began to paint the mirror.
Soon, a dark stranger appeared beside me.

"Black?" I stammered.

"In the flesh of the mirror and blood. Now listen to me."

I listened.