3 Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Cemetary Drive Part 2

"Back home, off the run.." he began, "It was me and Ophelia Newton, my lover. We were wanted for a plephora of crimes. A mass murder thrill kill spree if you will."

I listened intently, staring at the dark figure beside me, only his mouth was visible.

"Oh it was great, how we would sing songs that made you slit your wrists, oh such good times! We'd kill for the sheer sport of it! We were beyond bad, beyond salvation, beyond insane! But it all had to end one day right? It wasn't much fun, staring down a loaded gun held by the law! No no, our time had come and we had to die, a new age Bonnie And Clyde!"

His voice was like iron, dark, deep and raspy. He would smile every now and then, lick his lips and flash his cold devilish teeth at me.

"And she cried, Ophelia didn't want to die, she wanted this to go on forever. Did we get what we deserved for our crimes? You bet we did, and it wouldn't have been any other way! Violence begets violence!"

He was getting excited now, laughing here and there, it made me nervous.

"Get to the point Black, we're running out of time!"

"So I died, she died. I went to hell, I made a bargain, a deal with some asshole named Virgil. He told me in order for me to see Ophelia again, and to atone for my sins, a trial of some sort, I had to kill 1000 people! It made no difference to me! But I needed a body, I needed YOUR body!"

"Is that what you always wanted me for? Just a body to do your dirty work?!" I exclaimed bitterly.

He smiled in the mirror, "You see, Hell is way down, way down there! And it wasn't easy clawing my way back up, finding you. No, I had to find a perfect host, someone who was weak willed, but harbored enough hate and violence to join with me! You were that person! I'm well aware you had a real name before you were made into 'Grey' and me into 'Black'."

I clenched my fist, this really wasn't something I wanted to hear.

"But now, we both can be free! So close now! I have only a few more bodies to claim, only a few more before I can return to hell for my bride! And you, you can get your revenge right?!"

I punched the mirror, fragmenting his image, "Fuck you Black! You killed Helena! You've killed all these people over the years...for your own gain?!"

He nodded, "Of course! Who do you think it was who guided your hands and guns?! Who gave you the drive and guts to pull that trigger?! Helena was weak, she was your weakness! We could never strive to be anything without her death! Don't you see, she had to die! She was born to die, just like you and I!"

I moved away from the mirror, hearing enough of it. I flicked on the bathroom light, his image vanishing, and his voice was back in my head.

(Only five more kills Grey, and we will be done! Only five more kills!)

I counted it out, "Rochester, and four more of his thugs?"

(No stupid! Rochester, two more of his thugs...and...)

He whispered the remaining targets to me, making me smile.
They were good targets, and probably the best ones in the entire building.

I quickly unlocked the bathroom door and stepped out into the dimly lit chapel.
I took a seat a few pews back from the front, but changed seats when I spotted Rochester.
He was sitting near the front, his face had a somber look, almost a look of satisfaction.

I hate him.
(Me too.)
Now what?
(Take him out.)
He goes first.
(Yes!)

I slipped my hand back into my jacket, gently thumbing my pistol. I pulled back on the hammer, cocking the weapon into the hair trigger function.

I was ready.
All I needed...was the right moment...