3 Cheers For Sweet Revenge

The Jet Set Life Is Gonna Kill You part 2

(She bought the last line.)
I'm just the worst kind of guy to argue.
(You are weak willed)

I pulled into the hotel parking lot, recognizing the place instantly.

"Hotel Bella Muerte?" I said outloud to myself.

(Yes, the hotel of beautiful death..pleasent no?)

Black was getting all my nerves. He was the other half of me, the darker side. When I was grey, I was a calm and collected killer. I was in control of my impulses and desires. When I did a job as Grey, I only concentrated on my primary target.

When Black first surfaced when I was 16, he beat a boy to a pulp in the school cafeteria for calling me, rather him, a faggot.

When I first started doing jobs for various employers, they noticed I was off balance, uneasy, unpredictable, and too deadly. My last employer, Rochester, had me see a crime shrink.
His name was Dr. Kipling, who put me on Haldol, a popular anti-psychotic.
He said I had homicidal tendencies, and that it could be schizophrenia.

The meds worked for a couple years, silencing Black to the back of my mind in the form of minor animalistic impulses, but not serious enough for me to listen and carry out.
But I became tolerant to the medication, and soon Black started to resurface.
The wedding day funeral was an account of his re-awakening.

As "Black and Grey" we were an extremely unstable duo. While one side fought for more practical and orderly behavior, the other screamed for chaos and anarchy.
I would count the dead by the bodies, he would count them by digging out the bullets in the bodies and going off of that.

I drank my coffee with cream, his dark. I liked rain storms, he liked wild fires.
I liked women, he liked to look at their insides.

(Alright, Give up.)
Stop this, we're here to meet with him.
(Playing nice, Ha! It's the hardest part of living! So much easier to-)
Shut it!
(Alright...but you ARE going to kill her. She wants it all to come down this time, you with her!)
I'm not listening Black.
(She hates you! She despises you!)
No, she despises you!
(I am you. You are me. A perfect mixture)
Fuck off...

Dr. Kiplinger helped me out, He fought for me when I went to trial, telling them I was criminally insane by his studies and the time I had spent with him as his patient.
The court didn't want to hear it.

(She's got something else in mind you know..)
Let's just check into the Hotel Bella Muerte okay?!
(Doc is gonna give you up! This is just a weak flight, a flimsy escape! If we get caught it's because of you!)
Whatever, you're the impulsive one.
(We should kill him too, a blind sight really, don't worry. I'll do it all for you, so you won't see me twisting his head off..)
JUST SHUT UP!

There wasn't any point checking in at the front desk, so I walked along the sidewalk, passing the soda and ice machines, looking for a place without any lights on.
I found a room that looked vacant enough,
I had found some duct tape in the trunks tool box, and using it to cover a portion of the window of the room, punched the duct tape covered patch.
The glass cracked, but did not fall and shatter, creating a ruckus.
I quietly pealed back the tape with the cracked glass and slid my hand into the hole in the window...

I collapsed on the bed, tired.

(Shower first?)
Yeah, good idea for once.

I got into the shower, the hot water was soothing.

(We're good until the cops come.)
Not this again!
(Hey...just pull the plug on them all!)
This is getting old real quick Black.

I finished my shower quickly, Black's voice in my head seemed to echo off of the tiled walls of the shower.

I dressed and layed back down on the bed, closing my eyes and trying to put everything together.

(So what is the plan?)
There is no plan.
(Sure there is. Find the bitch, kill her for fucking around, so easy.)
No! She's not important right now! Whoever set me up is our main concern!
(That will come in good time. Let's settle the score with the whore...shit..that rhymed!)
Go away for one God damned second will ya?!
(Awww..sugar...)
I mean it.
(Slip into this tragedy...you made-)
Go..away..now!
(Fine...be back though)

God, Black was really starting to get my nerves. I had started to get use to him, but the Haldol shut him up. And as soon as I was getting used to him being gone, he comes back.

There was a knock on the door...