Meant for No One but Each Other

Forever We'll Be You and Me

“Danica,” Neville shouted excitedly as he ran up to his best friend. “Dani! Guess what?”

The girl grinned, excited to see her best friend. Lately, she hadn’t seen much of him. She ignored her mother’s uncomfortable shifting as she stepped forward, her face glowing. “Nev,” she grinned. “What is it?”

“I got it,” he waved a piece of paper around. “It came by owl post this morning. You should have seen Gran. She was so happy! Uncle Algie bought me a toad and everything!”

“That’s great Neville,” she said, even more excited now. She had been slightly worried that maybe Neville wouldn’t get the letter, despite his heritage. He hadn’t ever really shown any magical talents, even if he was a pureblood. She hugged him tightly, forgetting her mother was even standing there. She was, of course, reminded as her mother cleared her throat loudly. Danica quickly stepped back, taking her place by her mother’s side.

It didn’t matter to Delphine that her daughter and the Neville boy had been best friends for years. Frankly, she blamed herself for putting Danica into that day care center when she was younger. Lucius had encouraged her to do so, a chance, he had said, for Danica to meet her fellow pure bloods, those who were worthy of their magical abilities. It would also be a chance, he had explained, for her to learn to trust Draco, and even to love him. They would be inseparable, everyone had hoped. That was immediately thrown out the window when Danica met Neville Longbottom. Of course, she knew her daughter would never shy away from her responsibilities. She was betrothed to Lucius’s son. Danica knew she had no choice. Delphine and Adair had made sure of that. However, Danica had grown much too close to the practical blood traitor, the Aurors’ son.

“How – delightful,” Delphine put on a fake smile as she greeted Neville. “I’m sure your Grandmother must be proud. Augusta would have been horror-struck if her only grandson turned out to be a filthy squib.”

Neville nodded, though his demeanor was nothing but a nervous wreck. Danica rolled her eyes and smiled when her mother looked away to assure him it was okay. “It’s really awesome,” she grinned. “We’ll get to see each other everyday! I’m so excited! Did you get your wand yet? I did. 8 inches, oak and unicorn hair. Mum took me yesterday.”

“Gran said we’ll go tomorrow,” Neville explained, turning slightly red. Was he late in getting his wand? He had been late to even show his magical abilities. Maybe they wouldn’t even give him one.

“How quaint,” Delphine said, looking bored. “Danica, come, we must be off. Lucius and Draco are expecting us.”

Danica smiled apologetically at her best friend as she let her mother lead her off. “See you on September 1st Neville,” she called back.

As the approached the Malfoy’s mansion, her mother sighed, rounding on her daughter. “I will never fathom why you associate yourself with such scum Danica.”

Danica rolled her eyes as they climbed the steps to the door. “Neville is not scum. He is a pureblood.”

“Yes, pureblood indeed,” Delphine said with outrage at her daughter’s attitude. “A pureblood whose parents fought adamantly against the Dark Lord.”

“Well maybe they were trying to be noble,” Danica said, refusing to be shot down. Too many times she had heard her parents and friends bring down Neville. But she loved him. He was her best friend, and she would not stand for it.

“Noble,” her mother scoffed. “It is not nobility to fight on a losing side.”

“I would think it was us who lost mother,” she said coldly. The Dark Lord had been vanquished, and she refused to let her mother insult Neville or his family anymore.

Her mother looked aghast at the blasphemy that had come out of her daughter’s mouth. The door opened, revealing Lucius who was smiling at the young girl. “Careful Danica,” he said, still smiling slightly. “Those words could brand you as a traitor.”

“Never,” Danica reprimanded herself quietly, looking down.

He smiled more broadly as he moved aside. “Draco is in his room, waiting for you. Please call him down, if you will.”

She nodded, and quickly walked into the house, making her way up the stairs to Draco’s room. She knew the way by heart, having been here many times before. Betrothed to him, she had practically grown up in this house. It had been expected that she would know where everything was, since she would one day be the mistress of the mansion. She knocked lightly on his door. “Come in,” he called through the door.

She opened it, and walked in, watching Draco’s pale face brighten as he saw her. He stood from his bed and put down his newly acquired wand and quickly hugged her. Danica Shardae, the love of his life. Draco knew his feelings for her went beyond duty or calling. She smiled at him, and gestured toward the wand that was sitting on his bed. “Practicing?” she asked.

He smirked, and picked up the wand, giving it a small wave. “Thought I’d see what I could do,” he explained.

She nodded. “And what was that exactly?” she asked, a small smile playing on her own lips. Danica loved Draco, she truly did. Even if they were bound to each other without any choice of finding anyone else, she knew he was the one for her. He was hers, just as fully as she knew she was his.

“Flagrate,” he shouted, waving his wand. He started writing out words and letters with the tip of his wand, spelling out Danica Shardae. He then waved it again to wipe it away.

She stared at the disappeared words in awe. “Teach me,” she asked, turning to face him.

He smirked and raised his wand to show her again when the door opened. “Lunch is being served, young Master Malfoy,” Dobby the house elf bowed.

“You interrupted us, you stupid filthy git of a creature,” Malfoy turned on Dobby, anger written all over his face. Dobby quavered and covered his ugly face with his hands.

Danica sighed, having seen this side of him many times, even if never directed at her. She put her hand on his arm soothingly. “Draco,” she said calmly.

He took a deep breath and stepped back. “You’re lucky your mistress to be one day is so kind,” he scolded the house elf viciously.

Dobby quickly wiped his face and blew his nose into the potato sack he wore. “Thank you miss,” he said, bowing to her.

“Don’t,” she smiled pleasantly. “So you said lunch is being served downstairs?”

He nodded and took off. Draco sighed, and looked at Danica. “You’re too kind to his kind of filth.”

She smiled, and hugged him quickly. “I have to balance you out, remember?”

He laughed and took her hand as he led her out of his room. He pushed the house elf out of his mind. He would deal with the filth later. Right now, he just wanted to be with Danica. Excitedly, they started to chat about what their new school would be like.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahhh I'm so excited for this :]
It's going to get better promise.
I'm still trying to switch from the JB mentality of writing to HP.
So please bare with me.
Feedback anyone?