Meant for No One but Each Other

We'll Make The Great Escape

“Write to us as soon as you get there,” Delphine hugged Danica. “And don’t put it off like you usually do. Oh and be careful.”

Danica rolled her eyes and sighed as she hugged her father in turn. “I will mother. Can you calm down? I’ll be fine.”

“Yes relax Delly,” her father Alfrin chuckled as he hugged his daughter tightly. “You remember how Hogwarts is, don’t you? She’ll be too busy finding the secret passageways and creating mischief.” He winked at Danica, and smiled at his wife. “Besides, Draco will be there with her.”

Delphine nodded, comforted by the thought. They all saw Lucius, Narcissa and Malfoy approaching them. “Ah Alfrin,” Lucius shook her fathers hand. He smiled and turned to Delphine. “Not worried are you Delphine?”

Her mother smiled embarrassedly. “Our only comfort is that your son is going too.”

“No they will have each other,” Narcissa smiled at Danica, to which Danica returned a big smile. “They will not be alone.”

They smiled at their parents one last time before Draco offered his arm to Danica. She took it and they walked towards the train. Finally, they were going. It seemed like forever ago that they had stayed up late, sitting up and talking about the adventures they’d have at the school.

“I’m so excited,” Danica grinned at Draco as they boarded the train.

Draco grinned too. “I know,” he said. “Though the whole sorting hat ceremony will be tedious. We already know what house is best.”

Danica laughed and rolled her eyes as she led them to a compartment. “We know Draco,” she sat down. He took the seat across from her, and put his leg up, his elbow leaning on his knee as he smirked at her. “Slytherin beats all other houses.”

“And no one better forget it,” he laughed lightly. He liked this, sitting here and talking with Danica. He would never admit it, for it was shame to admit such in the Malfoy Manor, but he was a bit scared to go away to Hogwarts. He had never really gone away before. But having Danica with him made it okay. She smiled and knowingly reached over to put her hand on his. Yes, this would be okay, he thought. They were together.

“H-h-hi Dani,” someone said at the compartment door. They turned to see Neville Longbottom standing there, looking sheepishly from Danica to Draco.

“Longbottom,” Malfoy resorted to greeting Longbottom with as much contempt as he could. He would never fathom why the love of his life associated herself with such vermin. True Longbottom was a pure blood, which was the only reason Draco had not forbidden her from seeing him. Well that, and he had a faint feeling that Danica would never listen, and might even possibly hate him for even trying to control her. But the Longbottom boy was just as bad as the Mudbloods and Half-bloods in Draco’s mind. His family was a bunch of blood traitors if there were any.

Danica grinned at her best friend as she moved over to make room for him in the compartment. Neville, however, remained at the door. “Hey Nev,” she said. “Want to sit in here?”

Neville gulped, but didn’t say anything, his gaze shifting to Draco momentarily. The hatred in Draco’s eyes had him backtracking. He stumbled backwards. Danica followed his gaze and frowned at Draco, who just turned his head and stared out the window idly. She smiled apologetically at Neville. “It’s fine,” he stammered. “I was just stopping by to say hello.”

“Oh okay,” she sat back, slightly disappointed. She wanted to talk to her best friend. She knew Draco hated Neville, and that Neville was scared of Draco, but she would never, never let Draco even touch Neville. They all knew that. Still, Neville took another step back. She sometimes grew so frustrated with it all. Why couldn’t Neville and Draco just get along? Then she’d have everything. But she knew it would never happen. They were too different. “See you later,” she smiled at him.

“Bye,” he said, before turning back and walking away quickly.

When he was gone Danica rounded onto Draco, glaring at him.

“What?” he asked.

“As if you don’t know,” she rolled her eyes. “I mean honestly, he is not going to do anything to you.”

Draco rolled his eyes as well. “Just drop it Danica,” he said.

“You two could even be friends,” she said, though she knew that was pushing it.

“Like I would be friends with that pathetic fat lard,” he sneered. The words were out before he could stop them. Immediately he regretted it as he saw her face. This was a fight they had had too often already. And it never ended well.

“He is not pathetic,” she sprang to Neville’s defense immediately. “And I would like it if you did not say anything mean about my best friend thank you very much.”

Draco rolled his eyes again. “Best friend? That filth is madly in love with you.”

This time, Danica rolled her eyes. “He is not,” she said. “We are just best friends. You know, if you weren’t so insecure--,” she started.

But he cut her off, letting out a chuckle. “Me? Insecure? Because of him? You have got to be joking.”

“Do I seem amused?” she asked, crossing her arms in front of her. They were quiet for several moments, just staring at each other. Finally, she spoke, her tone quiet. “He’s not going anywhere.”

Draco’s tone was just as low as he replied, “Either am I.”

Before she could respond, the compartment door opened again, and two brutish boys walked in. “Crabbe, Goyle,” she greeted them as they grunted their hellos and sat down. She took Draco’s hand. She would not speak with the boys here. But she felt that enough emotion would be transferred in the gesture. She knew she was right when he squeezed her hand.

“Did you hear?” Crabbe asked Draco.

“Obviously not if I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Draco rolled his eyes.

“Harry Potter,” Goyle said.

“What about him?” she asked, bored already. This had come up before, the talk of the boy who lived. And quite frankly, she was bored of it. Draco smiled at her tone. He knew all about her quarrels with this topic, but he remained quiet as he waited to hear the news. She may have hated the subject, but he found it quite intriguing.

“He’s on the train,” Crabbe said, a grin on his face knowing he was the one who brought Malfoy the news.

“What?” Draco demanded. “Here?”

Crabbe nodded. “He’s coming to Hogwarts. It’s all anyone can talk about.”

Draco was silent as he sat back, his hand resting on his knee again. Danica stared out the window. She could tell that this was going to be interesting. The boy who live going to school with them. She knew Draco must be screaming inside. She sat quietly as Crabbe and Goyle revealed everything they knew to Malfoy, trying to impress him still. Hours passed, and finally, she could see the castle appearing over the hills. The view brought a small smile to her face. Finally, she was here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah dude I'm so excited for this :]
Hmm I need to figure out if I should put her in Gryffindor or Slytherin...
But yeah, anyways, love you guys!
Feedback anyone?