Meant for No One but Each Other

I'll Show You Who I Can Be

“Talk about what?” she asked dimly, pretending to look for a book in the shelf. Truthfully, she was paying more attention to how close Draco was to her.

“Why have you been avoiding me?” he asked quietly.

“I haven’t,” she lied. “Why would I do that? I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

He reached up and grabbed her hand, spinning her to face him. “Danica, why?” he said.

“Why what?” she asked nervously. “Why have I been placed in Ravenclaw? Why was I so weak? Why wasn’t I good enough to be in the House of our parents? Why should you even talk to me now?” She looked up and looked into his eyes. He looked confused and concerned. She smiled slightly. Draco may have been a bully to others, but he was always just right with her. “I don’t know the answers to any of those questions.”

“That’s not what I was asking,” he said. “I was going to ask why you thought I would hate you, or whatever it is you thought. I can’t think of any other reason why you’d try to avoid me.”

She sighed, and sat on the table along the edge of the book shelf. “I-I don’t know,” she admitted. “I guess I was afraid of what you’d say.”

He was quiet for a moment. “Do you really think I’d let something like this come between us? It’s not like you were placed in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff.”

“Oh come on Drac,” she sighed. “All the stuff you’ve been saying since we were little, about how only those in Slytherin were worthy to learn magic, and the other Houses didn’t even matter. What was I supposed to think?”

“Do you really think so little of me?” he asked, his tone quiet.

She flushed slightly. “It’s not like that Draco. It’s just, I know everything you said is true. And I’m in Ravenclaw. Maybe I’m not good enough to learn magic.”

He looked at her. “Danica, you’re of pure blood. If anyone should learn magic, it’s you.”

“Then why am I not in Slytherin?” she whined quietly.

“Maybe the hat made a mistake,” he shrugged, sitting next to her. “After all, it’s only a stupid old hat. The senile headmaster must have bewitched it or something.”

She smiled at him trying to cheer her up. “Has that old cow Pansy Parkinson tried to tell you what a disgrace I am yet?” It was common knowledge that Pansy liked Draco, though he had never shown her any preference. He was, after all, betrothed to Danica, which of course led Pansy to absolutely hate Danica, though she pretended they wee the best of friends. It made Danica sick.

Draco laughed. “Yeah she did, actually. A few times. She tried to tell me how your blood will be tainted now that you’re in Ravenclaw.”

Danica giggled and rolled her eyes. “Never really the bright one, was she?”

Draco shrugged. “So how is Ravenclaw?”

She sighed. “It’s not that bad. I mean, I’ve made a few friends. Michael Corner, for one. And Terry Boot, and Anthony Goldstein.”

He made a face. “Any that are girls?”

She laughed at the jealousy in his tone. She found it cute. “Two actually, one’s older than me though. Cho Chang, and one in my year, Padma Patil. Her twin’s in Gryffindor.”

Draco made a face. “At lease you’re not in Gryffindor. I’d have to have killed you if you were.”

She laughed, though not really sure if he was serious. He smiled too. They were interrupted by two boys. One of them, the famous Potter. “Oh sorry,” the red haired kid, apparently named Ron said, a Weasley no doubt. Danica had heard rumor of how Harry Potter’s best friend was a Weasley. “Oh wait, it’s you,” he said, seeing Draco. “Never mind.”

“Careful Weasley,” Draco glowered at him. “You wouldn’t want to tell my father of how unstable you are, would you? He might have to convince the governors to ship you off to St. Mungo’s for brain addling. After all, that is the only reason anyone would want to associate with Potter.”

“Oh a fight,” Peeves had glided over. “Seems like the Malfoy boy and his girly against Potty and Weasel. Who will win? Hmm maybe Peevsey should tell. Wouldn’t want students to be hurt by anyone but him, no he wouldn’t.”

“Get out of it Peeves,” Danica rolled her eyes.

“STUDENTS FIGHTING IN THE LIBRARY,” he shouted over and over again, flying around. Danica grabbed Draco’s hand. “Come on Draco,” she begged. “Madam Pince will have our heads if she catches us.”

“You should listen to your girlfriend,” Harry smirked.

Draco glowered at Potter and Weasley a moment longer. “This isn’t over,” he said deathly.

They left quickly and watched as Madam Pince rounded on Harry and Ron, who hadn’t been able to escape in time. “I hope she sends them to Filch to hang in his office by the thumbs,” Draco glared behind him.

Danica laughed and rolled her eyes. “They don’t do that anymore.”

“Maybe they should,” he shrugged.

“Draco, there you are,” Pansy Parkinson’s shrill voice called out as she came up to them. “And erm Danica. How are you? How’s Ravenclaw? Half-blood yet?” she smirked at Danica.

Danica smiled sweetly. “You caught me,” she said sarcastically. “I’m as half-blooded as they come now. Darn.”

Draco laughed as Pansy glared at her. She ignored her and turned back to Draco. “Crabbe and Goyle are looking for you. They’re in the Slytherin Commonroom.” She shot a smirk at Danica. “Can’t tell you where it is, of course. Top secret Slytherin information.”

“It’s in the dungeon,” Danica rolled her eyes. Pansy glared at her again. “You see Pansy, Draco tells me everything,” she emphasized the last word. She turned to Draco. “I’ll see you later Drac. Got to go to my top secret Commonroom location.” With one last smirk at Parkinson, she departed, leaving them to whatever it was. To show off that Parkinson event hat once almost made her sorting worth it. Almost.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha so yeah I know this is going slow, but I have tons planned for this :]
Feedback anyone?
Draco or Neville? Who do you think is going to win? Who do you want to win?
Love you guys!