Discovering The Meaning Of Love-A Gaara Love Story

Gaara's Surprise

I let Gaara lead me away, his hand in mine, causing my arms to have goose bumps. I had no idea what he wanted to show me, my curiosity ate away at me and I soon was shivering with anticipation. He led me down various streets, not saying anything, and I kept wanting to ask him where we were going. I wanted to ask for at least a simple hint, but I kept quiet, not wanting to speak unless he spoke first. The desert heat beat down on us and I enjoyed its warmth.

Gaara stopped and turned to me, smiling. Without saying anything, he slid my Suna head band down to cover my eyes. I suspected this was all part of his plan to keep the surprise even more secret. He took my hand again and pulled me forward. My steps were cautious, because I didn’t want to trip over anything I couldn’t see. Gaara was patient, though, keeping a slow paste so he didn’t have to rush me.

Eventually, I felt cooling mist on my face and the sound of loud, rushing water. It struck me as odd, because we were in the desert. Gaara snaked his hand around my waist, stopping me.

“Where are we, Gaara?” I asked him, smiling.

“We are in my favorite part of the village. I often come here to think, you know how I don’t sleep much, and my nights can be quite lonely. Here, I don’t feel so lonely. I feel peaceful.”

I had never given much thought to Gaara’s sleep deprivation, but I figured it would get kind of lonely at night, when you couldn’t sleep, but everyone else was. “Can I please see this mysterious place?” I asked.

“Oh, right. I forgot.” He said, slightly embarrassed, removing my headband and tying it back into its usual spot. That is when I saw it. The most beautiful place I have ever seen in the village. There were trees, lots of trees. They were all a bright green and they were so close to each other, they were intertwined. Light shone through the tree tops from above, making it seem slightly dreamlike. There was a crystal blue river that rushed through hundreds of pebbles and stones, that went on so long, I could not see the beginning or end. There was even grass! And not just grass, but flowers too. Hundreds of flowers, all in varying shades of purples, blues, yellows, and reds. The whole thing was very shocking. How could such a place be in the desert? Regardless, I was glad it was here. Living in the desert, you come to miss such things, that anywhere else would seem expected.

“Its beautiful!” I exclaimed, turning to look at Gaara. “I had no idea such a place was even here!” He studied my face as I continued to take in the magnificent sight. I was barely aware of him walking over to stand beside me.

“Miki,” he took a deep breath. “Miki, I know I am not as experienced as other guys with this kind of thing, but I am learning and I am trying. These…emotions,” he seemed uncertain of the word, “are too strong for me to ignore. And I have spoken with Kankuro about this and he thinks I’m in love with you. I know you probably should just walk away now, everyone has always thought of me as a monster, so why should you be in a relationship with one? I want to give this a chance. I think Kankuro is right. I thank I am in love with you.”

I stared at him shocked. “Gaara, you are not a monster.” I meant to say that in a somewhat scolding way, but I was too happy, it came out too cheerful. “You have no idea how long I have wanted you to say those words, well not those exact words, but you know what I mean. I really do like you Gaara, I even love you.” I found myself smiling and unable to stop. “I have never thought of you as a monster. I have always wanted to be with you. I love you too, Gaara.”

He took a hesitant step towards me, and I instantly knew what he was going to do, but that didn’t make it any less shocking when he did kiss me. It was his first time kissing, as well as mine, and it was also our first kiss. I had never wanted to date anyone other than Gaara and he had never experienced these feeling with anyone before.

It was amazing how well our lips fit together, how amazing he tasted. We were sharing our fist kiss in a beautiful place, but all I was aware of was him. All too soon, however, he pulled away.

“I was so scared you wouldn’t feel the same way. I wasn’t exactly sure what I would’ve done if you had said no.” I laughed, his fears seemed so silly to me.

Without another word, he kissed me again, this time, just as amazing as the first.
♠ ♠ ♠
- Sorry it took so long to update, I seriously thought I had finished this story. I'm sorry for anyone who waited so long for my update. This is the last chapter of the story though.

I also changed the title, I didn't really like the old one, and this one seemed to fit better.

Thanks to all my commenters and reader and please don't hate me for taking so long to update.

Please comment and tell me what you think.(: