Discovering The Meaning Of Love-A Gaara Love Story

Ready! Set!...Fail

“Shit,” I muttered to myself. “We are screwed.”

Suddenly, someone grabbed me and pulled me away from Deidara, then shoved him into a tree. He was knocked out from fatigue and the hard blow to his head. I felt sand moving on my arms. Gaara. I looked at him. He was close to letting that damned demon taking over. I looked into his eyes and he looked back.

“Gaara,” I whispered to him, “Don’t let it take over.” My eyes watered. “It’s not you! Fight it!” I broke down and began to cry. Gaara tightened his grip on me and I leaned into him. ‘He’s going to fight it,’ I told myself. ‘I know it…’ he put me down and looked at me. His eyes turned red again and he jumped back into the fight. ‘He’s letting it take over again,’ I realized, confused.

Gaara ran towards the only Akatsuki member still conscious, Sasori. He threw a punch at him, but Sasori dodged it. A puppet appeared behind me. ‘Damn! I am so vulnerable, when I am watching Gaara. I don’t even pay attention and they know this!’ I thought while dodging the puppets poison needles. I threw some punches and managed to break off an arm. That was a mistake. It came after me as well. One wrong move and one of the poison needles went into my stomach.

“Gaara…,” I managed to say.

“Miki!” Gaara yelled desperately.

“I’m sorry…,” I knew he probably couldn’t hear me, because I was speaking barely above a whisper.

“No!” He ran towards me and grabbed me just before fell to the ground. My body became too heavy to support.

“Temari! Kankuro!” Gaara yelled over his shoulder. “Let’s go!”

They obeyed and escaped into the woods. Gaara picked me up and turned to leave, but got knocked to the ground. He dropped me and I rolled a few feet away. I could no longer move, thanks to the poison. Gaara used his sand as a diversion. It worked, Sasori was distracted. Gaara picked me back up and escaped back into the woods.

Sasori looked around and noticed we were gone, but he didn’t pursue us. He walked over to his partner and muttered “pathetic.”

Gaara raced through the woods and caught up with the others, sand dissolving from his body.

“Gaara…,” I started, but he wouldn’t let me continue.

“Shhh, Miki, don’t talk. We will get you to back to Suna and send word for Sakura. She will help you. I’m so sorry. ”

I watched him. A tear rolled down my cheek and my vision blurred. I became dizzy and soon blacked out.

I could sense light, though my eyes were closed.

“Can you pass me the bowl please? We have to get the rest of the poison out,” ordered a feminine voice, but I didn’t know who.

Suddenly all I could feel was pain in my stomach. A sickening pain. It made me want to vomit. I forced myself off the cot, I guessed I was on. My eyes shot open and I screamed in pain. Everything was a blur.

“Someone help me!” the woman from before yelled, panicking. I then felt pressure on my shoulders, forcing me back down. I was weak, but I still fought. I was disoriented and confused about what was going on.

“Miki, please…,” a masculine voice said. I would know that voice anywhere.

‘Gaara!’ My thoughts screamed at me. ‘It was Gaara. He is here, he is with me.’

Then the force on my shoulders was too much and I was forced back down on the cot. Then the pain went through my stomach again, to the point I couldn’t stand it and I passed out again.

When I awakened yet again, I heard voices.

“There was a lot of poison. If you had gotten her here any later, she would not have made it,” the feminine voice from before said. I wasn’t as out of it this time that I was able to recognize who it was. It was Sakura, one of my friends. We trained together under Lady Tsunade a few years back.

“Damn it!” Gaara yelled. My heartbeat sped up. I couldn’t believe Gaara was here. He never came to visit me in the hospital before, just Kankuro and Temari. “If only I could’ve protected her better, then her life wouldn’t have been in danger!”

“Gaara, it’s not your fault. It’s alright, she is fine now.”

“No! it’s not ‘alright’! because I was unable to protect her, her life was put on the line! I’ll never forgive myself for that!” Then I heard the door slam shut as he left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada. New Chapter.

I'd like to say thank you to my commenters:::
bluescenegirl
vivvy09
XxXBlackXxxXRoseXxX
Kyuuketsuki

I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Comments and feedback are welcome(:
Until next time!!