‹ Prequel: Princess Crashing Down

Prince In Distress

Chapter 4

Midnight:
When we got to the hospital, I ran inside. I can't be the only crazy person trying to desperately see a loved one. Isabella talked to a nurse really quick, but I just kept running. She caught up to me.
"Room 184."
I nodded my head and stopped in front it. The door was wide open, so I had no choice, but to face my fears and go inside.
My aunt rushed to my side and tried hugging me, but I nudged her away. She obeyed and just stood close to the door. Isabella stood, awkwardly in the middle of the room, but I didn't care what anyone else was doing.
I grabbed my dad's hand and looked him up and down. I've always hated how people look when they're in the hospital. They never look like themselves. I just wish I could say goodbye to my father when he actually looked like him, but no matter what I did, I couldn't change what was happening. I put his cold hand up to my face and it almost grossed me out because it didn't feel like him. He couldn't hear or feel me, but I had to tell him something.
"Dad." I stopped and almost couldn't finish, but I melted to the side of his bed and cried out the rest of the words. "Oh dad. I can't believe I'm saying this to you, right now. Wherever you go, you'll be happier." I almost smiled and mentioned how he won't have to deal with mom anymore, but I didn't think it was funny enough on the outside. It was too hard. "Just always remember that I love you so much and I will never forget you. I know that you'll still always be with me. I won't blame you for moving on. I love you!" I screamed into his arm. No force in the world could get me to let go of his hand mentally, but physically I couldn't get myself to keep hanging onto it. This was barley my dad anymore. It was just his body. His spirit, or mind, or soul was somewhere else and holding onto this lifeless body wasn't doing anything for me.
"Oh, sweetie." My aunt started walking over to me, but she stopped because she thought I didn't want her to come near me, still.
I just ran into her arms and hugged her as long and hard as I could.
I could see Isabella crying in the corner of my eye. I let go of my aunt and walked over to her.
"Thank you for coming with me. I'm sorry for the way I used to treat you."
"I- I forgive you. Totally. 100 percent. It's fine. You were the least of my problems back then."
"Ok. Do you wanna take a walk?"
"If that would help you."
"I don't think anything would help me right now, but yeah- it would do me some good."
"Ok."
I looked back at my dad and my eyes were watering again, but I let them. I wanted to cry as much as I could. A force inside of me could not leave the room, but it would kill me to stay here. Basically, I'm going to die inside no matter what I do. If I stay in the room with him, I'll never want to leave and never be letting go. If I leave I'll feel like I'm leaving him forever. Plus a few other reasons that I can't even explain.
"I really have to go somewhere.Will you come and not be scared."
I could tell that she was nervous, but she nodded her head and grabbed my hand.

Midnight:
I brought Isabella to the mental institution. I had to see my brother and apologize for the other day and to break the news to him.I walked right past the front desk and kept Isabella close to me, so no one would ask questions because ai didn't want to be stopped. I walked past the room Mindy asked me out in and went straight into my brother's room.
"Shouldn't you be alseep?"
"Shouldn't you?"
"You know- don't you?"
"Yes." He kept his hands folded under his chin and he just stared at the wall. "I can't even get our of her for a damn hour to see my father when he's dying."
"I know. It's not fair. This isn't even your fault."
"Why? What happened?" Isabella popped into the conversation.
"Isabella, this is my brother. The one I told you about."
"You told her about me?"
"Don't worry. I am too." Isabella walked up to him and showed him the scars on her arms.
He jumped up and wrapped a cloth over them.
"Don't let anyone see those. They'll lock you up forever."
"Why?"
"Because they'll know you're suicidal."
She took a deep breath and stepped back. "I'm sorry. I just never thought about it that way. I used to get so upset when I talked about it with Dillon."
"What?"
"Nevermind."
I stared at her with empathy. I could fit my feet a bit better into her shoes right now.
"So that's the only reason you're in here?"
"Not really." He stood up and took his shirt off to show her the huge scar below his chest. "I was so nervous, that I missed my heart by a lot, huh?"
"You-"
"Yeah. I tried killing myself. Picked the exact knife to do it with, too. I thought it was really my shot out of here."
"But it wasn't." I growled toward my brother.
"I know that."
"So... you stabbed yourself?" She looked amazed.
"Why so many questions from a fellow cutter?"
"You make it sounds like no big deal."
"Does it feel like a big deal when you do it?"
"Well, no."
"Exactly."
She shut right up and looked ashamed.
"Look. Um, dude. I'm so sorry for the other day-"
He put his hand in the air.
"I know. I didn't do anything. I just kind of found a way to hold my depression in."
"How'd you do that?"
"I knew you'd come back to apologize."
"I always will- no matter what."
"I know."
"Well, I have to get Isabella home."
"Bye, bro."
We both stared into eachother's eyes for a moment, then clung onto eachother. I held onto him tightly and we both started crying.
"Dad knows you love him more than anything."
"Not more than you." He smiled at me and I started walking out the door with Isabella.
"Oh by the way. I think I am gay."
He just managed a small laugh and I smiled on my way out.