‹ Prequel: Princess Crashing Down

Prince In Distress

Chapter 5

Morning:
I woke up a few hours after I fell alseep. It was only eight in the morning, but I couldn't fall back to sleep and I was worried about my brother. He played it cool the other day, but that never means he's ok.
I threw on a shirt and ran down the stairs.
"You came home late last night." My mom stopped me.
"I had to see dad."
"Your aunt told me you left long before you got home."
"So."
"Where were you?"
"Mom, enough."
"I think I have the right to know where my son is at three in the damn morning."
"You wouldn't approve." I tried walking away, but she followd me.
"I'm speaking to you, young man."
"I was making sure Tristen was ok, mom."
"I told you not to go there."
"Why?"
"Just give up on him already!"
"Like you did?"
"You watch your mouth, young man."
"I don't have to put up with this shit."
She pulled my arm and yanked me back.
"You will not speak to me like that!"
"Let go of me."
"Why? Where are you going at eight in the morning?"
"To see my brother."
"I don't want you around him."
"I want to be around him."
"I don't give a fuck. You're not going to see that worhtless piece of crap."
"Mom! That's my brother! I don't care if you don't love him, but I sure as hell do!"
"You're not going to see him."
"Yes I am."
"No, you are not!"
"Go fuck yourself." I slammed the door as hard as I could behind me.
I ran down the street of rno apparent reason. I guess it helped me blow off some steam. I was at the institute in no time. There were a bunch of cars in front of the building. This must be the new guy my brother was talking about before.
I ran inside to tell him.
"Hey! The new guy's here I think."
His face lit up.
"I know! He's not rooming with me, but he'll only be a few rooms down."
"It'll be great for you to make another friend."
"I have to be careful, though. Watch your back in this place. I think you come here too much."
"I know, but I worry about you."
"I know."
An officer popped their head in through the doorway.
"We could really use some help loading this kid's stuff into the building, if you don't mind, Paul."
"Sure." I leaned into my brother. "I'll try to find out about this guy, for you."
"Thanks, man." We clapped our hands together and I followed the officer out.
"There's plenty of furniture in the van over there. Just take anything you see, inside."
"Kay."
"Thank you, Paul."
"Anything for you, ma'am." She was the only one I respected here. She was only an officer, but she liked my brother and always tried to help him.
I walked around the van to see the guards holding onto the new guy's arms. My jaw dropped and my arms felt numb.
I saw Isabella crying and kissing Dillon, goodbye. Then, she ran to her mother's car and yelled I love you out the window as the drove away.
I ran straight over to him.
"Dillon! Dillon!"
He looked over to me, as I got closer to him.
"Who are you?"
"I know Isabella. Wait. Oh my god." I cupped my hands over my mouth and looked him up and down. "You're being admitted?"
"Look, I don't even know you, so goodbye."
"I'm Josh's friend."
"Josh!" He jutted forward, to me and tried braking free of the guards on each arm.
"Whoa. Whoa. I had nothing to do with what he did to Isabella."
"Bull shit!" The guards tightened their grip on him and he calmed down in defeat.
"I swear."
"You said you knew Isabella."
"Yeah. I talked to her the other day."
"Wait. Why the hell are you here?"
"My brother is-"
"What are you gonna say? Just like me?"
"Sort of."
"I doubt he's anything like me."
"He's suicidal."
His face scrunched up, in pain, and he took a deep breath. "You do know that's not the only reason I'm in here, right?"
"I know."
"I shot that kid and I'm not ashamed of it."
"I know."
"If you were smart, you'd stay away from my Isabella."
"Oh no. No. No. I'm not attracted to her."
"What?"
"We're friends. We just talked."
"What did she tell you?"
"About the shooting... I was sort of wondering if you could tell me about it, too."
"Why would I do that?"
"I don't really know."
"Fine. It started when he slept with the love of my life."