‹ Prequel: Princess Crashing Down

Prince In Distress

Chapter 6

Morning
I awoke to my alarm clock blaring and my mom vaccuming one room away.
"Mom! Shut that thing off!"
I heard the vaccum click off, her footsteps across the hall, then her face appeared in the doorway.
"Excuse me, young man?"
"Mom."
"It is 6:00 in the morning and you haven't even gotten ready for school yet."
"I'm not going to school."
"Oh, yes you are."
"Mom. What the fuck is wrong with you?"
"You will not speak to me like that." She was waving a finger in my face. Most of the time she tried being just like one of those television moms, but she wasn't like that at all. It was just annoying.
"Mom, dad just died." I emphasized the end.
"You should be over it by now."
"It was last night."
"Well, I'm over it."
"You don't love him."
"I loved your father very much."
"Bullshit."
"Paul!"
I buried my head under the covers, but she ripped them away faster than I expected. She balled the entire blanket up in her arms and she waltzed out of my room.
"Ugh!"
I trudged out of bed and thought about just walking to Josh's house, but e wasn't the kind of friend that would let me crash at his place after a big fight. Shit- the fight.
I threw on my clothes and ran right out the door, grabbing my backpack. I didn't care for breakfast or brushing my teeth this morning.
By the time I got to school, my body was protesting against the lack of sleep or food.
Happy as she possibly could, Isabella skipped up the stairs in her damned mini skirt and backpack. She high-fived a few people, then her expression changed. She stopped right by the door, where she usually met Dillon. Apparently she had no idea that once you're in the crazy house... there's no getting out.
I watched her pinch her eyes open and closed, then scamper away with her hands digging around in her purse.
I darted toward her, trying to follow her every step.
She walked straight towards the bathroom and slid herself in, closing the heavy door behind her, but I stopped it with my hand.
She gasped and I let myself right in.
"This is the girl's bathroom." She protested.
"As if rules mattered to me."
"They should."
"Well, somebody gets cranks before cutting."
"Shut up!" She slammed her fists against my chest and pushed my into the wall.
"Owe." I rubbed my chest and her emotion changed once again. Her face was like clay- it always molded a different way if you didn't keep an eye on it.
"I'm so sorry!"
She melted against me and I tried pushing her away.
"Isabella."
"I completley forgot about your dad. How the hell could I?" She slapped herself on the forehead. "I'm so stupid. I'm always so caught up in my own damn problems-"
"Isabella, get the fuck off of me."
"Oh." She backed away slowly.
"I'm in a freaking girl's bathroom, with a freshman latched onto me crying. I look like a fucking rapist."
"I'm sorry."
"Yeah, whatever."
I ran out, hoping no one could see me leaving. I really don't care if she's crying her eyes out right now. I have my own problems and I'm not worried about hers. Apparently, we're complete opposites.
Shit. Someone did see me, but not any someone. It was Josh.
"Man, what the fuck are you doing?"
"I was-"
"What. Have you fully transformed into a girl now, that you're using their bathroom?" He laughed, probably making him feel thirty percent better than he did a minute ago.
"You're so self absorbed."
"I'm what?" He gripped the front of my shirt and slammed me against the wall.
"I'm sorry. Forget it. I'm an idiot."
"At least I'm not a little fag."
"That's not cool, Josh."
"What the fuck? Isabella?"
That fucking girl had to come out of the bathroom at the wrong time.
She looked straight at me, then back at Josh, with a smile on her face.
"He can't be gay."
"Why not?" He let me down, too distracted by Isabella.
"Because he's with me."
She latched back onto my arm and I wanted to strangle her.
Josh just stared my down, evily.
"Yeah, so he's not gay, Josh."
I tried shaking her off, but she was staring, lovingly into my eyes.
Josh grumbled and stamped away.
Isabella started jumping up and down in cirlces, shrieking.
"What are you doing?"
"Helping you."
She was back to gazing, lovingly, into my eyes.
"No you aren't. He's gonna fucking kill me!"
"Why?"
"You fucking idiot!"
"Paul."
"Stop it."
"I don't understand."
"Are you retarded? Don't you remember anything from last year?"
"So what?"
"Get away from me."
I walked down the hall as the bell rang.

Lunch
I walked with my tray across the lunchroom, finally sitting down next to Josh. He eyed me down and I started pleading with my own eyes.
Then, I noticed the other four pairs of eyes staring at me.
"So, Josh was thinkin about taking another wack at Isabella. He wantes to claim the whore for himself."
"She's not a whore." Ugh. That's all I could say to them? I didn't even care about her.
Mark started laughing and Gary joined it.
"Sure, buddy." He patted me on the shoulder.
When I looked back at Josh, he was smiling again and laughing at the pain he thought I had.
"You're not hurting my, man. I don't care. She's my girl."
"That's not what she said."
"What?" Mark's head snapped up.
"She told Josh that we were going out."
Josh ignored me and put his arms behind his head.
"I knew she was lying."
"How?"
"Cause you're a total fag, dude."
"Shut up."
"Maybe in runs in the family." He started laughing like a hyena. "His dad doesn't even screw his mother anymore."
I slammed my fists of the table and stood up.
"My mother's a bitch, man."
"Yeah, whatever. I bet your dad's been likin in it the butt for quite sometime, now."
Everyone at the table started cracking up.
"Shut - the fuck up, Josh!" I flipped my tray over and ran my hand across the table, wiping all the other trays off as well.
"Paul!" Mark and Georgie ran over to me, trying to hold me down. I threw my hand back, without thinking, and jabbed Georgie in the mouth.
"Get the fuck off me!"
Josh stood up, finally and looked me in the eyes.
"What's wrong with you, fag?"
Now, I could notice the tears streaming over my cheeks. I was crying perfusley in front of Josh.
"My dad had a fucking heart attack- last night, you asshole."
His face went white and he lost his words.
"That's right!" I slammed my fist on the table again. It was more of an act of anger, rather than a warning.
I ran out the cafateria and a mob of people tried following me, but I punched two guys square in the jaw because they were right on my back.
"Everyone, just leave me the fuck alone.