Status: Complete.

The Chains.

getting up in a panic.

Trust comes when there’s an absence of love.

You’re scared of admitting it, I understand. You just want to run. Break off those chains, to be so much. Shake off the dust that’s turning you into rust. Sure, you just need a savior. When you’re in love, why should you trust them, anyway? You’re ensnared, bear. I can do anything to you, and you won’t leave me. I will hit you, and I can trust you’ll come back. I’ll embarrass you in front of your mother, and you’ll defend me. Eventually, I can turn you into rust, and we’ll die together. I’ve got my chains all around you. And they’re getting tighter, and tighter, until you won’t run away, until no one can save you.

You could go to Simon, he’ll save you, savior. It’s exactly like the books. He’s in love with you, are you blind, or something? Just go to him with your bruises and your rust, and he’ll hold you through the night. He’ll break off that dust, and you won’t come back running to me. You’ll break off your chains, have you already shaken off the dust? Like snakeskin, you’re leaving the evidence behind on his white sheets.

Go to your best friend, Celine. With her husband, she’ll home your poor soul. Nurse you back to health. She’ll advise you, she’ll give me a call. She’ll flip me a special one while she passes my house, and she’ll spit on my doorstep when she and her husband come to collect your stuff. Good for me.

But for now, you’re down on your knees. Begging me to take you back, wishing that I wouldn’t be so darn stubborn, I’m working you into a panic. Remember when we were kids? Right. We knew the boundaries then. We both pushed each other. We were both covered in rust dust before we knew it. Back then, we both needed a savior. We were alike.

The difference between us, though? The difference is that I grew up and I became a savior, you became a child who couldn’t tie her own shoes. Go talk to your mother, ask her for some money. Maybe she’ll let you live in the basement? You’re going to find out you’re pregnant. You’ll meet a celebrity from the A-list. Of course, you’re flawless, who wouldn’t fall in love with you? You’re pretty. Smart, you’re sweet, good-hearted. You’re clumsy, everyone loved you, but you were unpopular. When did you stop being everyone’s savior?

I could make you stay in the house all the time, I could rope you to the house, give you a choke chain. I could forbid you to do anything but house cleaning. I’ll look through your mail, and I’ll get jealous. Are you sleeping with the neighbor? You are, aren’t you? You’re so small; you have to look up at me. You want someone to save you. From me? I’ll give you the opportunity to leave me. But will you? Why won’t you, when I leave the house, who’s going to stop you from leaving?

Why aren’t you leaving, you perfectly perfect, beautiful girl? I’m not sure I understand. If you hate me, why are you always staying? Do you love me? Love the cliché of your life? Imperfectly perfect? A terrible beauty. That’s pretty pathetic, you know. You can’t decide what you want, can you? Here, I’ll let you leave the house. For groceries. I want to see if you’ll come back. You did. You came back. You tell me you want to leave, so do it. Grace period.

Why am I still your savior?
♠ ♠ ♠
603 words.
does that count as a drabblee??

(:

do I have to say it again?
Lights - Savior.