These Walls I've Built Around Myself

Lucy Ashby was a goody goody. She was 18 and did everything she was told. She lived a life where she was always being told what to do, how to do it, and what to think. Her life was controlled by her parents. She kept to herself and was generally quiet. Anyone who saw her thought she had a great life, because she came from a nice family and seemed generally happy. That wasn't the case at all. She longed for romance and adventure, but she realized she may not get that.

Lucy's parents had an arranged marriage for her to a man named Ethan Berkeley. He was a rich man and got everything he wanted, EVERYTHING. He was mean and considered other people "below him." He thought if he was to be wed to a beautiful, young woman, then others might see him as a more powerful man. He didn't love Lucy, all he wanted was power and as much of it as he could get.

Nicholas Goodrich was a gentleman. He had many friends and people loved him, for he was a smart and kind man. He lived on his own from the time he was 15 and now at the age of 20, he was experienced in the way of life. He never asked for much, but he gave a lot. He made sure other people's comfort came before his own. He never thought he needed much, nor did he want it.

But what happens when Nicholas meets Lucy and falls in love with her? She is scared at first and tries to avoid him, for she's never gone against her parents before. In him she finds the courage she always needed to break away from her parents and she wants him and nothing more. He becomes the first person to know the real Lucy Ashby.

Nicholas doesn't want to give her up and won't let anything stand in his way, not even Ethan Berkeley. Confrontations occur and Nicholas and Lucy have to keep it together and find a way to be together, but they are forbidden, because they come from "seperate worlds" and others intend to stop them....