Status: Finished.

Home Alone

The Truth.

Frank is awoken from his mid-day nap by a pillow being violently slammed into his face. He jumps with a start, knocking the pillow onto the floor and looking around the room crazily. Gerard is standing there, his arms pin straight by his sides, looking furious.

"What the fuck, Frank!"

"What?" He asks, not understanding what he did.

"I rang the doorbell, like, twenty times! What are you, fucking deaf now?! And how many God-damn-times have I told you to lock your fucking door?! You live in Jersey, you dip-shit!"

Frank just stares at him. "Really? I was asleep, it's not a big deal. Jesus Christ Gerard, you're such a drama queen. And I don't have to lock the front door if I don't want to, okay? Who are you to tell me what to do?" He thinks he has a right to be angry. What right does Gerard have to come barging into his house and yell at him?

"Well! Can you imagine what I thought?! I mean, I stand out there for ten minutes, and you still don't answer the door, and then I try the door and it's fucking opened! Of course! And, you weren't in the living room, or the kitchen, and I called your name and you still didn't fuck'n answer, and- what the hell happened in the hallway?! All I saw was glass everywhere, and I just thought- You're- Ugh!"

Frank's now looking at Gerard like he's insane. He understands how Gerard could have thought something was wrong, but what he doesn't understand is why he would care. "Well, I'm fine. Look, here I am. No one broke in, I'm not dead or anything. You just over-reacted."

"Over-reacted?! Over- Listen, you idiot, don't do that again, okay? Just, don't."

"Gerard, I don't understand what the big friggin deal is! Everything's fine, I-"

"Yeah! But I don't like getting the shit scared out of me, Frank! It's not really something high up on my 'Fun List'. My fucking heart- It's still going crazy."

Frank's eyebrows meet in the middle of his forehead, and he tilts his head to the side, a smile pulling at his lips. "You were scared? For me?"

Gerard looks down at the ground, almost regretfully, before he looks back at Frank, angry again. "No! I just.. I didn't want to have to tell your mom that some guy walked through her front door and killed her son, okay? Don't flatter yourself."

"But, you said your heart-"

"I'm not really athletic, in case you haven't noticed. I ran all through your house and then up the stairs, I'm just worn out."

"Pft. Yeah okay. Why don't you just admit you were worried?"

"Because I wasn't! God, you're so fucking annoying!"

"I'm annoying?!" Frank screams, standing up from his bed. "You are un-fucking-believable. I don't even know what I did to you! We were doing great for, like, a day, and then you just decide you hate me again! You're such a dick!" He starts heading downstairs, Gerard following closely behind. He jumps over the glass at the bottom of the stairs, and maybe turns just a little to make sure Gerard doesn't get hurt either.

"At least I'm not an idiot! I've never met anyone so stupid before in my life. Really, Frank, come on. All you have to do is lock your front door-"

"I'm not going to lock the door! Jesus, get over it!" Pft, I wish he had stepped on the glass.

"Don't tell me what to do," Gerard says, eyes narrowed.

"Oh my God. You're such a kid. Grow up."

"No! You grow up!"

"Oh my God!"

"Just shut up Frank," Gerard says, starting to loose his enthusiasm for their argument.

"I just don't-," Frank begins, but he's cut off by the last thing he expected. Gerard's lips. And Frank stands very still for a few seconds, before shoving him away and screaming, "What the fuck?!"

"What?"

"No, Gerard! This isn't some stupid movie, you can't just kiss me and everything's better! It doesn't work that way! Besides, they usually do that when a couple is fighting. You don't see friends, or not-friends, fighting, and then all of a sudden one's like, 'Oh! I'll just kiss him!' and then they stop fighting! That doesn't even happen in movies! You can't-"

And Gerard interrupts him by saying, "Frank. Shut up," and then he's kissing him again. Frank is a little resistant, but eventually gives in. And maybe he gets a little weak in the knees, because, wow, he's a really good kisser.

Frank is suddenly pushed back against the wall, and this random kiss is quickly turning into a random make out session. It's a little violent, but at the same time, it means something. They both know this isn't really out of the blue. Frank rolls his eyes mentally, as he thinks, that's so like Gerard to wait until we're fighting to kiss me. And, yeah, Gerard is sort of dramatic like that. And even though Gerard's hand is in Frank's hair, and Frank feels like he's permanently smushed between Gerard and the wall, and he really doesn't want it to end, he's so confused he can't even really enjoy it.

"Gerard. Gerard, wait. Stop!" And Gerard backs away, looking a little more than annoyed.

"What?" He asks, crossing his arms.

Frank just stares at him, then says, "I don't get it! What the fuck is going on?!"

"What don't you get?! This is pretty straightforward, I thought," says Gerard, gesturing between them.

"But- I thought- You're insane! First you hate me, then you just dis-like me, then you kinda like me, then we're friends, then you freak out and hate me again, and now you're kissing me!" Frank's eyes are wide, his eyebrows are raised, and his arms are stretched out to the sides, because, what the hell?!

"Mikey doesn't take karate," is the next thing Gerard says, staring at Frank.

Frank blinks, drops his arms to his sides, looks confused, and then goes, "Huh?"

"Mikey, my brother, he doesn't really take karate. He doesn't do anything, actually. He plays WOW all day, that's kind of it."

And Frank still isn't getting it. "Then why did your mom make you come over here for her?"

Gerard groans and closes his eyes, clearly frustrated, before grabbing Frank's head, staring him in the eyes, and saying very clearly, "I made it up, Frank. Other than that first day I came here, my mom was never busy. I volunteered to come over here every day. She wouldn't have offered to do it if she knew she had to pick Mikey up from fucking karate everyday. And, seriously, how did you believe that? I mean, you've seen Mikey, right? Does he really look like he knows karate? And don't you think my mom could have just stopped by after she picked Mikey up? I mean, I really thought you were gonna catch on eventu-" But then he's cut off. This time, it's Frank's lips doing the interrupting. Gerard just raises an eyebrow, and kisses him back.

"But, why were you such a dick, then? I mean, I don't get it," Frank still looks a little confused, although he's smiling now, because, well, Gerard really likes him.

"I don't fucking know. I just. I guess you were right when you said I'm childish."

Frank smirks, then just shakes his head and leads them both over to the couch, because, really, who cares anymore? They continue their making out, and Frank is thinking, this is kinda awesome, right when Mikey walks in and says, "Gerard, what the hell happened to you? I let myself in. Ya know, you should probably lock your door, man."

"Ha!" Gerard exclaims, jumping off the couch. "I told you! See?"

Frank glares at Gerard, then simply says, "Fuck you." He's never going to lock that door, just out of spite.

"Ew. Were you guys just, like, getting it on?" Mikey says with a disgusted look on his face.

"What, you think I would make out with this idiot?" Gerard says, sounding convincing until you looked at the smile on his face.

"Gross. I wouldn't touch a creep like him," is Frank's response, but his smile is possibly even bigger than Gerard's. Gerard just sort of pounces on him, ignoring the fact that Mikey is still in the room, and kisses him some more while pulling him up from the couch. Said little brother shakes his head and leaves, Gerard and Frank fumbling towards Frank's bedroom; lips locked and limbs tangled. As they're tumbling through the door, Frank thinks, holy shit, we're a teen movie. A gay, cliche, teen movie. Jesus.

When they get into the room, Gerard crawls onto the bed and turns around to watch Frank close the door. Gerard smiles at him and Frank lifts an eyebrow, his hand still on the door knob.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Gerard asks, pouting a little.

"Nothing," Frank says, smirking while walking towards the bed-

But not before locking the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that's it. The end. :')

Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked it. :D

I've already begun posting the sequel. (:

Much love,
- M