Status: Finished.

Home Alone

The Exchanges.

Frank collapses on his couch, trying to catch his breath. It's hard to do, considering he just sprinted from Gerard's house to his own, and is still laughing. He had just left a stuffed bear wearing a black thong with a banana for a dick outside Gerard's window, and now he's waiting to see what his reaction will be.

This had all started this morning, when Frank decided to bring back Gerard's comic books. He wanted Gerard to know he forgave him, since he figured the comics were a form of apology, so at exactly eleven o'clock, Frank walked over to Gerard's house and put the comics, plus one of his pictures he drew of The Brat beating up Gerard, next to Gerard's window. He wasn't sure if Gerard will be offended by the drawing, or if he would appreciate it, but Frank was willing to take that chance. He knocked on the window and sprinted back to his house, giggling to himself. There wasn't a window downstairs that he could look out of to see if Gerard had gotten the stuff, so he had run up stairs and into his mom's room to look. By the time he looked out the window, Gerard had already brought the stuff into his room. Frank smiled and walked back downstairs, deciding to watch the rest of an episode of Scrubs.

When the episode was over, exactly thirty minutes after he left Gerard the comics and drawing, his doorbell rang. He got up off the couch slowly, and made his way to the door. When he opened the door, all that was there was the sleeve of a shirt that Frank is guessing belonged to The Brat before Gerard got to him. He laughed and picked it up, bringing it back into the living room with him.

After that, it pretty much became a game.

The boys left each other stuff every half hour, on the dot, and things just got stranger and stranger. After the sleeve, Frank left Gerard his copy of the movie 'Anger Management'. He thought it was pretty funny. Gerard retaliated by leaving a stuffed bear with it's head ripped off, so Frank left him a stress ball. Thirty minutes after that, Gerard returned the stress ball to Frank, but it was ripped open and dumped into a cup. After mourning the death of his stress ball, Frank left Gerard a banana. He's not sure why, but he really couldn't come up with anything else. Gerard then returned the banana with a condom packet next to it. Frank left the same condom Gerard had left him at Gerard's window; used. He'd thought for sure that would make Gerard at least a little angry, but Gerard just left a porn magazine on Frank's door step. Frank was a little frustrated that he hadn't made Gerard uncomfortable with the used condom, so he decided to leave Gerard a porn magazine of his own; a gay one. He thought that the next time he opened the door, he would be met with an angry Gerard. But no, instead he was met with a bottle of lube. Frank laughed for about ten minutes, then still giggled every time he looked at the bottle laying on his coffee table. Frank was running out of ideas, and he really didn't know how to beat the lube. He wanted to leave Gerard a man thong, but Frank doesn't wear those, and he really didn't have time to run to the store. So, he decided to leave one of his mom's. But, instead of just leaving the underwear, he quickly, and not very neatly, sowed the head of the teddy bear back on, then put the thong on it. To finish it off, he stuck the banana from before into the underwear so it was sticking out in the front.

Now he's counting down the minutes until it is 5:30, and he will see what Gerard leaves him next. He's hardly done anything all day. He hardly ate, hardly went to the bathroom, didn't even change out of his pajamas. He's been so into this little game he and Gerard were playing, nothing seemed to matter. It isn't until right now that he realizes how hungry he actually is. He looks at the clock on the wall, which tells him it is 5:26. He smiles. There's only four more minutes left. His leg shakes in anticipation as he waits, and he's surprised when the doorbell rings a whole minute early.

He jumps up and runs to the door, then pauses to make sure Gerard has time to get back home before he opens the door. If Gerard were still running to his house, it would sort of ruin it. But, when he opens the door and looks at his doorstep, all he sees is Gerard's shoes. Then his legs, his black t-shirt clad chest, then his smirking face. In one hand, he is dangling the thong by one string off of his pointer finger, and in the other hand, he's holding the banana, which he is currently eating.

"This yours?" he asks, swinging the thong around a little.

"Nope," Frank smiles, leaning against the door frame.

Gerard's smirk doesn't falter as he says, "Ah. So it's your mom's?"

Frank's smile turns into a giant smirk, and he goes, "Nope. S'yours'."

Gerard chuckles a little and throws the thong at Frank's head. "Nice try, but my mom doesn't wear these things."

Frank makes a face while he throws the thong behind him and asks, "How the hell do you know that?"

Gerard shrugs and says, "I do laundry."

"Wow!" Frank exclaims, pretending to be impressed. "A man of many talents!"

Gerard rolls his eyes, but smiles and steps inside anyway. Frank asks if he wants to stay there to eat, because he was about to have something anyway. Gerard agrees, and twenty minutes later they are sitting on the couch, microwavable meals on their laps and cartoons on the TV.

Then, out of nowhere, Gerard says, "Ya know, I don't hate you."

Frank doesn't even turn away from the TV as he says, "I know."

Gerard's quiet for a little while, before he says, "That doesn't mean that I like you, though. Just, ya know. I can tolerate you."

Frank snorts out a laugh and goes, "Gee, thanks. I appreciate it." And then they're quiet again, finishing their dinners just as another episode of Spongebob comes on.

Frank kind of groans when he sees what episode it is, then tips his head back and mumbles something along the lines of, "I hate this episode."

Gerard nods in agreement and gets up to go over to where all the DVDs are. Frank finds it amusing that Gerard claims to not like him, but still feels so comfortable in his house. Gerard holds up a movie and Frank makes a noise to show his approval. Gerard puts the DVD in, and Frank picks up the remotes to get things set up. Gerard sits back on the couch next to Frank and takes out his phone. Frank smirks and asks, "Texting your mommy?"

Gerard smirks even more and says, "Nope. Yours."

****

When the movie is over, Gerard and Frank both stand up and walk to Franks front door. Gerard opens the door, then turns around and says, "Hey. Are you gonna want all that stuff you left for me back?"

Frank thinks about it for a second before saying, "Well, we have another copy of Anger Management, so you can keep that. You ate my banana, so I don't really have the option of getting that back, and I'm really not interested in getting my used condom back, although I dunno why you'd want to keep that."

Gerard laughs and nods, then asks very timidly, "And the magazine?"

Frank does his best to hold back all the sarcastic remarks, insults, and nasty looks he wants to throw at Gerard, and instead says, "Well that depends. Do you want to keep it? 'Cause I've got plenty, to be quite honest."

Gerard doesn't look at him and mumbles, "I dunno."

Frank nods and doesn't say anything about it, because he understands. He wants to mention that Gerard had made it quite clear he was 'not a fag', but he doesn't. He just nods again, and says, "Thanks for coming over here and hanging out and stuff. It was kinda cool."

Gerard smiles at him and says, "No problem," then moves his mouth around before going, "Well. See ya tomorrow." Then he locks the door and leaves.

Frank isn't sure what to make of the day. He had a good time, with Gerard being there and all, but it really just confuses him even more. What he does know, is that he's too tired to think about it right now. He unlocks the door and walks upstairs, getting ready for bed and going to sleep early.

And he definitely does not dream about Gerard.

Except maybe a little.
♠ ♠ ♠
The 'mom' jokes in this are loosely based off a Cyanide & Happiness comic. (: