Glimmering Misery

Chapter 014

"You're what?!" Andrew demanded, his eyes wide.

"Andrew, I'm going to have our baby," Evelyn said, crying openly.

"Oh my god," he said as he put his hands on his head and turned around. "Are you sure?"

She nodded. "Pretty positive."

"How long have you known?"

She bit her lip. "I've been worried for a few weeks. I took the test a couple days ago, and it was positive." Her eyes swimming with tears studied his own.

He grabbed her hand. "Everything is going to be okay," he said as he pulled her into a hug."Let's get you in to the doctor. Maybe there's been a mistake; maybe you're not pregnant."

She expected this response from him. She expected him to wish it wasn't like this and part of her did too. But there was another part of her, one she hardly knew existed, that reveled in this gift. She was almost eighteen, she knew that her romance with Andrew would have to come to an end sometime, no matter how much they loved each other. He was married. Now, whatever happened, she would have a little bit of Andrew with her. She would have a child that resembled their love for each other. Not that she didn't fantasize about them living together by themselves and getting married, but she was a logical person and she knew that the odds of this happening were very slim.

Andrew was wrong. He had gotten her in for an appointment almost right away. The doctor gave them privacy and Andrew held her while they both cried. A nurse came in and asked if Evelyn wanted to see her baby. Evelyn looked at Andrew and nodded. The nurse led them into a room and he put gel on her stomach. Evelyn felt nervous enough that she didn't even find it awkward. Andrew never let go of her hand the whole time. She looked at the screen and found it hard to distinguish between what is what on the screen, but the nurse pointed out the head and the feet. She couldn't help it--her heart melted.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" she asked the nurse timidly.

"A boy," he answered before walking out of the room to give them time to themselves.

"You're going to have a son," Evelyn told Andrew as she wiped away his tears. He gave her a smile before choking on a sob. "What are we going to do?" she asked him finally, staring at her stomach, dreading his answer.

"We're going to be a family," he said, looking at her with a huge grin on his face.

Her eyes went wide as she started to smile. "What?!?!" she asked, shocked.

"Patricia and I have been having problems for awhile now. I had been thinking of divorce way before you even came into the picture. Lately she's been trying to make an effort, but it's just not working," he explained to her.

Evelyn wouldn't let herself dote on what Patricia would be having to go through, right now she wanted to be happy.

"I'm going to be a dad," he said, tears threatening to fall down his face. "Evelyn, I'm in love with you, and this doesn't change anything."

"Oh, Andrew, I love you too."

He leaned in and kissed her until they heard footsteps, then they both leaned back and tried to look natural as the nurse walked back in. He cleaned up her stomach, and Andrew and Evelyn left with his arm around her; everything seemed to be perfect. It was like a dream. How did she get everything that she wanted?

"Just don't tell Patricia anything," he told her as they drove back to the house. "Let me talk to her first about the divorce. I'll tell her tomorrow night, alright? I don't think it will come as a big shock to her."
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Good, bad, dumb, cheesy, cute, all of the above?? Please comment and let me know. Hopefully I'll have more up soon!
Thanks for reading! Tell your friends :)