Status: Currently on hiatus.

Remembering Sunday

2. Remembering Sunday

BILL’s POV

I lifted the box lid and saw all the photo albums. I was sat in the bedroom I shared with my twin brother, Tom, bored as hell. So bored, I decided to go through our family photos. We have at least 30 different albums of all the occasions the past years, so I may be on the floor for some time.

My eyes trailed each photo album wondering which one to look through first, when my eyes stopped on the only red photo album. I had a weird feeling that I should look through that one as if I would find something. But what? They’re just old photos we had collected over the years.

I picked up the photo album and opened it up. The first picture was of Tom and I at a fancy restaurant. Our 19th birthday. We spent the day with our parents and best friends Andreas, Georg and Gustav, followed by a big party afterwards.

I turned the page and saw a picture of Tom and I crashed on the floor asleep. That would be after the party. We had gotten wasted with our friends and passed out on the floor. Good times.

I turned the page and saw a picture of Tom and I in town shopping with Gordon trying to find a birthday present for mom. I felt something in my stomach telling me to look closer to the picture, which I did. And there I saw it. We were standing in the middle of a street which is normally packed with people, but there was only one person. A girl. A pretty girl. And she didn’t look... happy.

I turned the page to see a picture of Tom and I staring at all the candy in a gas station. Behind us was that girl again at the checkout, but there was nothing on the counter. She was just stood there, the cashier had his back to her, blatantly ignoring her.

Again, in the next photo, Tom and I were standing in front of our school. Graduation day. Last day at Kurfürst-Joachim-Friedrich-Gymnasium. I laughed at how out of place Tom looked in his baggy clothes and dreadlocks (which he no longer has) when everyone else was dressed up. But then I noticed that Tom wasn’t the only one undressed. There was a girl in the background, a big space around her. She was wearing tatty jeans and a band t-shirt, her long blonde hair floating over her shoulders. She was on her own, her parents weren’t even there. In fact, I didn’t even recognise her. I knew everyone in the school (I was fairly popular), including the shy people, but not her. Did she even go to the school? One thing said she didn’t. The converse that covered her feet. They weren’t allowed.

“Yo Bill. What are you doing?” Tom entered the bedroom and stood in front of the box.

“Going through photos,” I was still staring at the girl, trying to work out who she was.

“Bored?” I nodded my head, “Well, I’m off out now. I’ve been invited to a party. Later,” he turned on his heel , but I stopped him before he walked away.

“Do you recognise her?” I stood up, the photo still in my hand and showed him the picture, pointing at the unknown girl.

“I know all the girls from our school, but not her. Wow she’s hot. Dang!” he chuckled and excited the bedroom, leaving me to stand in the middle of the room, my eyes still glued to the picture.

“Who are you?!” I shrieked at the picture, throwing it to the floor, only to pick it up and stare at again. “I will find out who you are,” I picked up the box and took it downstairs to the kitchen, placing it on the kitchen table, going through every single album to see if the girl was in anymore. She was in another 10 pictures, which were all spread on the kitchen table. This was my evening set. Trying to find out who the hell she is.

Normally I’m not bothered about this sort of thing. It’s a person in the picture, so what? But something tells me that she’s lonely. Something tells me that she needs help. Something tells me that she needs me.
♠ ♠ ♠
2nd chapter (: