‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Lauren's POV

As I stood looking out at the enormous crowd of other celebrities and their families and friends, my stomach began filling with nervous butterflies. Claire stood next to me, also looking out at the crowd. I could tell that she was nervous by the way she stood, wringing her hands together, as my own hands shook with fear. As I thought about the last time I had been in front of this many people, my heart began to pound. The memories of our past flying around my mind. It had been two years since id done something like this. I couldn’t help but wonder if I was actually ready to do this.

Hiding back stage, my nerves were at their worst ever having not been in the public eye for nearly two years. We were still followed by the paparazzi for a few months after the group split. We were at the Teen Choice Awards, Forever True were presenting an award for the “Choice Music Album Group.” We hadn’t spoken to Jordan until an hour before now. Jordan would be coming up just before we were supposed to go on stage to announce the winners.

Two months before this evening, Simon had rang Claire and I, telling us of the opportunity to present an award, something that would make our comeback special for us. We agreed to do the show. Simon informed us that he would contact Jordan to arrange everything with her and make sure she wanted to be back in the band.

“Are you ready for this Claire?” I asked moments before Jordan appeared.

“I have to be.” Claire muttered.

Jordan walked over to us, smiling broadly.

“Claire! Lauren!” She said as loud as she could without disturbing the presenter currently stood on stage.

“Jordan!” Claire and I said simultaneously.

“I missed you both.” Jordan smiled again.

“We missed you too.” I replied smiling.

A man walked over to Jordan, making sure she had all the wires we were required to wear before we went out. Another man walked over, handing Claire the envelope with the name of the winner in and myself the award.

Looking down at our dresses, I realized, with out even arranging our clothes, we all matched in with the colours. Claire wearing a black dress with white shoes, Jordan wearing a white dress with silver shoes and myself wearing a silvery grey dress with black shoes.

“And now, id like to introduce three girls who we haven’t heard from in a few years Claire, Lauren and Jordan from Forever True presenting the award for Choice Music Album Group.” We heard the presenter say.

Smiling, I stood next to Claire, Jordan standing the other side. We linked arms, one of my hands still clasping the award, before walking out together.

“Hi everybody.” Jordan said into the microphone as I placed the award down.

“Thanks for having us here tonight.” I smiled.

“It’s great to be back to be honest.” Claire smiled.

“So, tonight we’re here to present the award for Choice Music Album Group.” Jordan said, smiling.

“The nominees are All Time Low, the new girl band KSM, Forever the Sickest Kids and the Jonas Brothers.” I said, keeping my smile in place as I said the Jonas Brothers.

“And now, for the winner. I would ask for a drum roll but neither of the girls are good at that.” Claire laughed.

“Oi, im good at drumming.” I protested while Jordan laughed.

“Sure you are.” Claire laughed. “Anyway, the winners of the Choice Music Album Group are.” Claire paused while ripping open the envelope. She read it quickly before saying. “The Jonas Brothers with their album, ‘Lines, Vines and Trying Times’.” Claire yelled into the microphone.

The boys stood up, Kevin hugging Danielle while Joe hugged Camilla. Both girls were sitting next to their boyfriends. As Claire and I witnessed the scene, we kept our happy expressions placed firmly on our faces. They walked up together, all smiling. As they reached the stage, Jordan raced over to Nick and hugged him instantly. Claire and I stayed where we were stood.

The award was placed on the table in front of us still for the boys to take from there. Moving back, we made space for Joe, Kevin and Nick to stand around the microphone to speak.

“Wow.” Kevin said sounding breathless.

I looked over at Claire who was, once again, wringing her hands together because of her nerves. Looking down at my own hands, I realized I had once again picked up my nervous trait of playing with my clothes when I was nervous.

“Well I guess we need to thank the amazing girls of Forever True for presenting us with this award this evening.” Nick said making Jordan, Claire and I smile.

“We also need to thank our amazing fans, girlfriends and parents. Not forgetting Frankie of course.” Joe gushed making Claire and I cringe.

“Thank you everyone. It means a lot to be given this award.” Kevin smiled again.

“Thanks.” Nick yelled before Joe picked up the award and the boys made their way over to where we were stood.

Awkwardly, Claire and I hugged the boys and then led the way off stage, Jordan and Nick walking together, Claire and I walking together and at the back Joe and Kevin walking, both looking at their award.

Once back stage, we spoke for the first time in two years.

“Congratulations.” I said, talking mainly to Nick.

“Thanks.” Joe replied before Nick could.

“That’s ok. The album’s great and is worth an award.” Claire mumbled, looking down at her feet.

“Lauren, Claire, Jordan, you girls need to come and get changed.” A lady said, walking over to us.

“Ok, we’re coming now.” I smiled, turning on my heel.

“Why do you need to change?” Nick quizzed.

“You’ll see.” Jordan smiled before kissing Nick and leading the way back to the dressing room we had been assigned.

When we got into the dressing room, we picked up our outfits and hid behind the curtains that had been put up to give us privacy to change. I quickly slid out of my dress, hanging on the hanger left for me before pulling on the skinny jeans and plain purple cami top. Walking out of behind the curtain, I smiled as Claire also walked out as did Jordan.

Each of us wore skinny jeans and a plain cami top, mine being purple, Claire’s being teal and Jordan’s yellow. Each colour matching in slightly. We all wore flat shoes, the same colour as our tops.

“Ready for this?” Jordan smiled.

“As ill ever be.” I replied as Claire nodded her head in agreement.

We walked out together and over to the side of the stage where once again we were all attached to the wires and were given microphones. I listened into the presenter, who I couldn’t make out from the view I had, speaking. Before long, we were, once again, being welcomed to the stage.

“Forever True.” The person shouted before walking off and leaving us to make our entrance on the stage.

Clutching our microphones, we walked out together, smiling. Before I could make sense of everything, the music began and Claire began her verse of ‘Thinking of You’ by Katy Perry.

Comparisons are easily done
Once you've had a taste of perfection
Like an apple hanging from a tree
I picked the ripest one
I still got the seed

You said move on
Where do I go
I guess second best
Is all I will know
Claire sang.

Cause when I'm with him
I am thinking of you
Thinking of you
What you would do if
You were the one
Who was spending the night
Oh I wish that I
Was looking into your eyes
We all sang together, each standing in different position on stage.

You're like an Indian summer
In the middle of winter
Like a hard candy
With a surprise centre
How do I get better
Once I've had the best
You said there's
Tons of fish in the water
So the waters I will test

He kissed my lips
I taste your mouth
He pulled me in
I was disgusted with myself
I sang, putting my whole heart into the song now.

Cause when I'm with him
I am thinking of you
Thinking of you
What you would do if
You were the one
Who was spending the night
Oh I wish that I
Was looking into...
Once again, we all sang together.

You're the best
And yes I do regret
How I could let myself
Let you go
Now the lesson's learned
I touched it I was burned
Oh I think you should know
Jordan sang into the microphone, moving around the stage as she did so.

Cause when I'm with him
I am thinking of you
Thinking of you
What you would do if
You were the one
Who was spending the night
Oh I wish that I
Was looking into your eyes
Looking into your eyes
Looking into your eyes
Oh won't you walk through
And bust in the door
And take me away
Oh no more mistakes
Cause in your eyes I'd like to stay..
. We sang together before taking a bow, thanking the crowd and running off stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, we're back writing :]
Claire will post her chapter probably tomorrow or the day after.
We've got some great plans for this so keep reading :]
Lauren x