‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Lauren's POV

After leaving Claire and Jonathan, Alex and I went downstairs into the living room where Jordan and Nick were. Sitting down, I rubbed my cheek and cursed under my breath. Today had gone horribly wrong but I had got in a good few punches before I was pulled away from Danielle. I had even managed to shout at Kevin a bit and tell him that Revenge is Sweeter was about him, not that Claire knew that of course.

“Did you get a few punches in?” Alex asked, looking at my hands.

“I did. Sorry Nick, they took it one step too far today. Can you apologise to your parents again please?” I said.

“Don’t worry, they deserved it but I don’t like it that you done it in the house. Next time do it somewhere else. But yeah, ill apologise again for you.” Nick smiled.

“Thank you, Nick.”

“That’s ok.” Nick smiled again.

“Jordan, are you ok?” I asked as I looked at her, she looked so angry.

“Yeah, im fine. I just wish Nick would have let me slap them a bit more.” She smirked.

“Things are getting a little too much out here.” I whispered quietly.

“What?” Alex said, turning to face me, still holding my hands.

“Things are getting a little too much. I think I might go out to England to see my family for the weekend.” I smiled.

“So you’re just going to leave me again.” Alex pouted.

“You can come too if you want. Kieran would love it.” I laughed.

“Nah, ill stay here. Do you think you’ll go back on your own?”

“Uhm, it depends on how Claire feels. You never know, she might come down stairs, completely happy and loved up in a new relationship with Jonathan.” I laughed.

“She might.” Alex smiled.

“Jordan, would you go back to England?” Nick said quietly.

“Nope, im staying here with you.” Jordan smiled.

Claire and Jonathan came downstairs then, their hands were folded together neatly, small smiles present on both their faces.

“I told you so!” I yelled jumping up from the sofa and pointing to Alex.

“I know you did.” Alex laughed, pulling me down onto his lap.

“Claire and Jonathan, sitting in a tree…” I started singing before being cut off by Alex’s hand being clasped over my mouth.

I pulled his hand away before poking him in the side and patting the sofa next to Alex and me for Claire and Jonathan to sit.

“Claire, im going back to England this weekend for a visit before tour. Are you gunna come or are you all too loved up now?” I asked as Jonathan wrapped his arm around her waist.

“Uhm, yeah im gunna come. We need to see our families before we go on tour. Im not too loved up to be away from Jonathan.” Claire laughed.

“Well, I was thinking, they could always come back with us and then sleep in Kieran’s old room. Im sure my parents would love them and Kieran’s probably itching to meet his new BFF’s.” I laughed remembering Jonathan’s use of the word before.

“We’ll see.” Claire smiled.

Before I could reply, the phone rang. Jordan got up and answered it, her voice dropping dramatically as she put the phone on loud speaker.

“You’re on loud speaker now Denise.” She said gently, making Claire and I go red in the face before moving to stand around the phone with Jordan.

“Hello girls.” She said softly.

“Hi Mrs Jonas.” Claire and I said simultaneously.

“Girls, how many times do I have to say call me Denise. Now, ive rang to say forget about earlier, I know Camilla and Danielle were antagonising you three all through the meal and before and after.” She spoke.

“We are sorry though. We didn’t mean to do it; it just got way too far for us to cope with anymore.” I said regretfully.

“Like I said, ignore it dear. Now, Joe’s told me what happened, but I think his side of the story was a bit biased because I also got what happened from Frankie who quite frantically loves you girls to pieces and he said Camilla hit you, Claire first. So, all is forgiven, just please stay away from Camilla and Danielle and then never repeat those actions. They aren’t actions that nice girls like you should do.”

“Thanks Denise.” Jordan smiled.

“Tell Frankie he can be one of my new best friends.” I smiled too.

“And thank him for telling the truth.” Claire added.

“I will dears. Now I have to go so I will speak to you all soon before you go on tour. Bye.”

“Bye.” We all chorused together.

“Well, that was interesting.” I said, sitting down on the floor by the phone.

“Just a bit.” Claire said, sitting down next to me.

“At least Mrs Jonas is forgiving and trusts us. Oh and don’t forget she likes us.” Jordan added, sitting next to Claire.

We sat on the floor together, just in front of the phone, mine and Jordan’s heads on Claire’s shoulders while we thought.

“Right, I think we need to ring home to find out if we are allowed to stay.” I said jumping up.

“Or we could ring and find out if you two can go over this weekend and ask if they wanna come over the weekend before we tour.” Jordan said.

“Sounds like a plan to me.” I smiled as I grabbed my phone and dialled my mum’s number.

Claire and Jordan followed my lead as they rang their mums while the boys sat on the sofa’s talking.

“Hello?” My mum’s familiar voice said down the phone.

“Mum.” I smiled.

“Hey Lauren. How are things?” I could hear her smile.

“Things are good thanks mum. Did Kieran tell you im with Alex now?” I asked.

“Yeah, he told me when I got him from the airport. Im glad you’re happy again.” She smiled.

“Thanks mum. Do you know what would make me even happier though?”

“No, what?”

“If I could come and see you this weekend and then you, Claire’s mum and Jordan’s mum come out the weekend before we go on tour?” I said grinning even though she couldn’t see me.

“Of course you can come over this weekend. And I would love to come over and see yours and the girl’s place the weekend before you go on tour. I wanna meet Alex as well.” My mum smiled.

“You only wanna meet Alex because you love Remembering Sunday.” I laughed.

“I know, but can you blame me.”

“No I can’t mum. You’ll love him, honestly. So ill come out this weekend then. Ill ring you once ive booked my tickets.”

“Ok Lauren. Im gunna let you go now so you can book your tickets. I love you.”

“Ok mum, I love you too. Bye”

“Bye.” And with that, we both hung up.

I skipped into the living room after I had left it to ring my mum and sat down on the sofa. Im gunna be going home this weekend.” I squealed wrapping my arms around Alex from behind him.

“Cool.” Alex smiled, kissing my hand.

“And guess what; mum’s coming out the weekend before tour. Mainly because she wants to see the apartment and meet you though.” I laughed as I sat on the floor in front of Alex.

“Why?”

“Because she’s gunna do the, hurt my little girl and ill break every bone in your body thing because she’s a tough little lady and because she loves Remembering Sunday.” I laughed.

“Ok then.” Alex said.

Claire walked into the room next, smiling widely.

“Im not going back this weekend because I just didn’t ask but my mum is coming out the weekend before we go on tour. She wants to meet Jonathan.” Claire laughed.

“Oh, im going back on my own then.” I sulked.

“Im sure you’ll be fine, Lauren.” Claire smirked.

“Yeah. My mum wants to meet Alex so your mums not the only one who wants to meet the boyfriend.” I laughed.

Jordan walked in next. Her mum was coming out the weekend before tour as well. That would be all of our mum’s coming out to spend time with us before we had to go away for 5 months.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, from now on, we're going to be updating every other day because Claire starts college today and I start college on Monday so we wont be able to write as much as we have been doing which sucks but has to be done :|
Thanks for reading so far though.
What do you think? Should we change anything? Add more stuff?
Lauren x