‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Claire's PoV

“This is the first time we will be apart since we we’re five.” I moaned hugging Lauren goodbye at LAX airport.

“I know, but I promise I’ll text you every day, and when I come back I’ll be bringing our mums back!” Lauren sounded excited to be going home.

“Okay, well give all your sisters a big hug from me.” I said.

“Lauren, one thing I wont miss is you getting me up at silly o’clock in the mornings.” Jordan said hugging her.

Jordan had come with me to drop Lauren off. Lauren had wanted Alex to stay at the apartment she didn’t want to feel guilty about leaving him for the weekend.

“Bye girls, see you in a few days.” Lauren smiled before walking into the terminal.

We went straight from the airport to the recording studio, where the Jonas Brothers were recording a song for Friends for Change with Demi, Selena and Miley. When they had finished we were all going to hang out at Planet Hollywood, I had no choice in the matter Jordan had forced me to come.

“Wow, you lot sound amazing together. Especially you and Kevin.” Jordan said hugging Selena.

“He was really nervous about singing, but once he got started he loved it.” Selena laughed.

“It is only Jordan coming right so I can invite Da-“ Kevin walked round the corner and spotted me. “On second thoughts she is probably busy.” He said putting his phone away.

“Kevin I did tell you Claire was coming, You haven’t got a problem with that have you?” Something about Nick’s question seemed rehearsed.

“No.” Kevin mumbled.

“Right well let’s get going then.” Joe said awkwardly.

I spent most of the time talking to Demi and Selena, on the car ride there. When we arrived there were a few paparazzi waiting outside.

“Where’s Lauren?” One pap asked.
“She has gone to visit family in the UK, she will be back in a few days.” I smiled before walking into the restaurant.

Once we were seated, somehow Joe had been forced to sit by me which made Demi wriggle her eyebrows at me. I just shook my head, I was happy with Jonathan.

“Demi, is there something wrong with your eyebrows?” Joe asked causing Selena and I to laugh.

Demi poked her tongue out at him and looked at the menu. I didn’t fancy anything on the menu so I just ordered a cola and a portion of chips. We all broke off into little conversations. Jordan, Demi and Kevin were talking about films or shoes or both. Selena and I were having a conversation that Miley was trying to join in and Joe and Nick were talking about their parent’s anniversary.

“So, how are you and Jonathan?” Selena asked.

“We are doing alright thanks, we are taking things slow.” I smiled.

“Does he mind you going on tour? I mean distance ruins relationships sometimes.” Demi asked looking at Joe.

“He doesn’t have a choice does he really we are touring weather he likes it or not. But I believe if your relationship is strong enough nothing will be able to break it.” I said.

“We all have little quotes we believe in, mine is your first love will always be your true love.” Miley smiled at Nick who wrapped his arm around Jordan’s chair.

“Mine is, Wherever you are it’s your friends that make your world.” Selena smiled, Demi hugged her.

“I think as long as you smile and stay positive your dreams will come true.” Demi said. “What’s yours Kev?”

“Always listen to the lyrics to a song, the music is important but the lyrics are always a message to someone.” Kevin said his eyes staring into space.

“Well mine is better than all of yours, We were all put on this earth for a pacific reason and mine was to party.” Jordan laughed.

“How does that work out?” Nick asked.

“Well think about it, I met all of my best friends and you by partying. I met you at a concert, I met Lauren and Claire on tour which to be honest was like a huge party. I met everyone around this table because of a party or a celebration of some sort.” Jordan beamed.

“Well mine is, you know when you have found true love when you can be the other side of the world and still know what she is thinking.” Nick smiled looking at Joe.

“I believe whatever is meant to be, will happen eventually.” Joe mumbled his food suddenly seeming more interesting.
After that I kind of drifted off into my own world until Demi nudged me to tell me we were all leaving. I put my jacket on and walked out, I needed to get home. I was starting to worry about history repeating itself.

When we arrived home Jonathan was waiting for me. Jonathan instantly wrapped his arms around me, I took in his cologne it was similar to Joe’s this only made me tear up a little.

“What’s been bothering you?” I had been home for two hours and had not spoken a word to Jonathan. We had sat in front of the tv.

“It’s nothing, it’s me being stupid.” I shrugged.

“Well it can’t be nothing if you are upset about it. Let’s go talk.” Jonathan took my hand and led me into my room.

“Is it something I did?” Jonathan started pacing.

“No, it’s not you. Come and sit down.” I sighed patting the bed.

“It was just something that Demi said at lunch got me thinking.” I said resting my head on his shoulder.

“She asked me how we were going to work this whole distance thing out while I’m touring. At first I replied with obviously it would be hard but as long as we both make an effort it will work out.” I sighed.

“But..” Jonathan knew me to well, to know that that wasn’t what I was upset about.

“Then I started thinking, the whole distance thing didn’t work out to well for Joe and I we both changed and I as worried-“

“That history would repeat itself?” Jonathan finished my worry.

“Yeah.” I said resting my face in the crock of his neck.

“I know you don’t want to come back from touring to find everything different and I promise you it won’t be. I love you.” He said trailing his fingers up and down my back to soothe me.

“I love you too, your right it’s just me being emotional it’s probably because feel disoriented because I’m so used to having Lauren around.” I said.

Once Jonathan had left I decided to check the bands MySpace. I replied to a few comments then signed into my personal twitter to leave Lauren a message letting her know how much I missed her.

I could hear Jordan tidying up downstairs and decided to leave her to it and go to bed. After all in less than ten days time we won’t have time to sleep for more than four hours every night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I totally forgot to update this i'm sorry.We have big plans for this meaning big drama soon,We would really like some feedback though. So please give us some tips or citizim.