‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Claire's POV

We we’re on the last leg of the tour, September flew by. We had packed in a lot of interviews in the month to show the world Lauren was okay. Even if we all knew she wasn’t.

She still cries herself to sleep every night, I guess she thinks we are all asleep but I lay there hearing her sobs wanting to comfort her but knowing she needs time to herself. Once or twice I have found her holding the baby scan just before we go on stage. She’s putting on an act not only for the outside world but for us as well. It was now October the 29th and were in Brazil.

“Did she cry again last night?” Mel asked us as Lauren excused herself to ring Kevin. They were best friends even I had to admit, he was there for her in her time of need.

“Yeah, but it was only a few sobs.” I sighed Jordan nodding along.

“What are you doing when tours over?” Jordan asked her with a smirk on her face.

“Nothing’s set in stone but I’m going to pack in being merchandise girl and I’m going to join Alex and Honor Society on the road for their Full Moon Crazy tour.” Mel blushed a deep shade of red.

“Why don’t you request to be on their tour?” I asked, thinking back to when Jordan was merchandise girl for the Jonas boys.

“Trust me, it wasn’t that easy.” Jordan said reading my mind. “I literally had to force Lilly the girl who was going on tour with them not to come in on the day they left. Then Simon had no choice but to send me.” Jordan laughed beside me.

“Jordan, that’s devious of you!” I said shocked.

“Come on you didn’t expect me to that Lilly on tour with my Nick now did you?” She smiled.

“Speaking of Nick, isn’t he supposed to be observing this time?” Mel said she knew Nick had chosen not to come for the last week of tour.

“Yeah, but he said something about the boys having to film a special episode of JONAS I think it’s the Christmas one.” Jordan answered.

“Oh, so who’s replacing him?” Mel asked.

“Well you would know Mrs. Jonas is replacing him if you were ever on your bus.” I teased her making her blush.

“You guys don’t mind do you?” She asked worried.

“No not at all. You can’t come back now anyway Denise is sleeping in your bunk.” Jordan laughed.

“Well then it all works out pretty well don’t you think? Anyway I better get setting the stalls up.” Mel said.

Jordan and I we’re strolling down the halls of the arena when we saw Lauren walking towards us. She looked as pale as a ghost.

“Laur, what’s wrong?” Jordan asked her.

“Sh-She ended things with Kev-Kevin.” Lauren said still in shock.

“He chose to come to Turkey to help me, he should have stayed in the US with her.” Lauren explained.

“We know Lauren, it’s been over for a few months now.” I said pulling her into a hug.

“You girls knew?” Lauren’s voice becoming a little louder.

“Yeah, he made us promise not to tell you.” Jordan explained.

“Why, why would he do that? They we’re dating for almost three years and he goes and throws it away for me.” Lauren said to no one in particular she was trying to get her head round it.

“Come on, it’s not that hard to figure out.” I sighed.

Lauren looked up at me confused. “He still has feelings for you.” Jordan smiled.

After that Lauren got ready for the show in silence, she looked as if she was in deep thought. There was knock on our door, Mrs. Jonas popped her head through.

“Hello Girls, do you need anything before you go on stage?” She always made sure we had eaten something before we went out to perform.

“No thanks Denise.” Jordan and I smiled.

“Actually I was wondering if I could talk to you.” Lauren said getting up and following her out of the room.

Denise had been a big help to Lauren since she arrived a few days ago. I guess it was because she was like a mother figure Lauren knew she wouldn’t judge her.

“Knock knock.” Jason said.

“Why don’t you knock or just come in.” Jordan laughed.

“Because I like to be different.” He said walking in followed by Andrew.

“What brings you to our dressing room when you need to be on stage in like five minutes.” Jordan asked them.

“We wanted to see how the Halloween/end of tour party was coming along.” Jason smiled playing with a pair of eyebrow pluckers.

“Well we have invited most people, telling them they need to dress up. We still need to get permission from Simon and Bob to have the party on the tour bus.” I said snatching the pluckers from Jason’s hands.

“What are they?” he asked.

“They are eyebrow pluckers, you know you pluck your eyebrows with them.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Right.” Jason trailed off.

“Honor Society on stage in three minutes.” A technician said through the door. Andrew and Jason said their goodbyes and went to get Alex from the merchandise stall.

“I can’t wait to get back and go on a vacation.” I said whilst doing my make up.

“Nick and I might tag along with you.” Jordan smiled.

“I think you will be a bit busy when we get back. You won’t have time to come on holiday.” It came out of my mouth I looked at Jordan in the mirror hoping she would guess.

“What do you mean?” Jordan asked.

“Well, Nick might make an honest woman of you and propose.” I said laughing it off.

“Not the marriage thing again really Claire? I’ve told you not to get involved.” Jordan rolled her eyes.

That talk with Mrs. Jonas must have put Lauren’s mind at rest because she was great on stage that night. She even did her usual slides she used to. As soon as we got off stage we heard the crowd chant “More”. It usually happened after shows but when we had came back from changing they were still chanting so we decided to go play a few more songs for them.

“Aren’t you guys tired?” I said into the microphone, to be met with boo’s.

“Okay, okay because you were an awesome crowd we are going to play a few more songs with the help from Honor Society.” Jordan introduced Honor Society again.

Half eleven and we had only just stumbled from the stage. Mrs. Jonas was waiting with a pile of towels for all of us and bottles of water. Mel was waiting by the side of her. As soon as she saw Alex she ran and jumped on him, I was surprised that he was able to catch her, he barley had the energy to walk off the stage.

I went straight to my bunk when we got on the bus while the others all piled into the living room, they were all hyped up so they couldn’t sleep. I checked my phone I had a miss call from Joe.

“Hey.” I yawned into the phone.

“Have you only just got off the stage?” Joe asked laughing.

“Yep, we did three encores! It was awesome but now I’m really tired. What do I owe this pleasure?” I said climbing into my bunk.

“I just wanted to talk, we haven’t spoke properly since September.” I could tell Joe was pouting.

“Stop pouting Jonas, what have you been doing lately?” I asked laying down.

“Not much really, We shot the Christmas special of Jonas a few days ago.”

“Oh so that wasn’t just an excuse Nick used. Is he getting nervous?” I laughed keeping my voice low.

“Yes, he needs to be constantly reminded how much Jordan loves him. He thinks she doesn’t want to get married.” Joe sighed.

“Jordan will probably kill me for telling you this, But tell him she has been secretly waiting for you to purpose to her for months now.”

“I keep telling him It doesn’t matter anyway, they act like a married couple anyway so what’s the difference. You must be tired I’ll let you get some rest.” I had yawned five times in the past two minutes Joe sounded disappointed.

“No, I’m fine. Kevin told Lauren about Danielle today didn’t he. She was really upset, like genuine I had to remind her how bitchy Danielle and Camilla we’re to us.”
“I am sorry about that, I guess love is blind.”

“It wasn’t your fault Lauren and I weren’t angels either we gave as good as we got.” I said remembering the constant bitchy comments.

“Want me to sing to you?” I was used to Joe’s random suggestions.

“Okay.” I smiled putting the phone next to me on the pillow.

if i die tonight, id go with no regrets
if its in your arms i know that
i was blessed
Joe started singing the song he sang to me on our six month anniversary.
♠ ♠ ♠
We have got chapter 43 written, so the more comments we get the faster we will update.
Tour is nearly over, but don't think for one second the drama is (: - Sorry i felt like typing like that.

You should all predict what you think is going to happen once tour is over. We like seeing if our storyline is predictable. LimeBerryLatte thank you for reading and commenting and generally supprotting our story <3