‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Claire's POV

“Claire, come on I think you’ve had enough to drink.” Selena said has Demi took the bottle of vodka that was attached to my hand away from me. It was a triple celebration in one, so I felt the need to drink three times as much as I would have.

“Look at you two, I mean real life BFFs. You two are so adorable, you are my idols.” I tried speaking flinging my arms around both of them.

“We are your idols, you are our idols.” Demi laughed.

“You, Lauren and Jordan.” Selena added.

I smiled before stumbling over to Lauren, my vision was getting blurrier as I walked. It was fair to say I had fully caught up on all those months of not drinking. I passed Andrew on the way to Lauren who was sat with Kevin, he handed me a little bottle of whisky. I didn’t usually drink whisky but I was drunk enough to not taste anything. I went and intruded on Lauren and Kevin’s conversation.

I fell to the floor when Lauren pushed me off of her, sitting down on a chair next to Lauren I started unscrewing the lid of the whisky.

“Come on Claire, lets get some food in you.” I heard his voice. Truth was I had been avoiding him all night because I wanted to drink and I knew he wouldn’t have approved. But now I was already drunk, so it didn’t matter.

“I don’t want no food Joey.” I said whilst dragging my feet on the floor making it harder for him to lead me in the direction of the kitchen.

“But I want you to eat Clairzie, otherwise you will have a hangover in the morning.” Joe said mimicking my tone of voice. We were by Mel and Alex who were dancing to the music.

“I think we should dance first, I’m not hungry.” I grinned whilst clutching hold of Joe’s arm to steady myself.

“You’re never hungry.” Joe sighed as he wrapped his arms around my waist to stop me from falling over.

After a while I got dragged away to take pictures, I made sure to stay by Andrew who kept passing me shots of all different spirits in between each picture. By the time the pictures had been taken my vision was blurry and everything was echoing. I felt someone pick me up, I started to panic.

“Claire, it’s me.” Joe said I instantly calmed down, relieved it wasn’t some random person.

The music soon faded, Joe put me down on the sofa in the back room which we hardly used whilst on tour. I took my shoes off and curled up on the sofa while watching Joe pace back and fourth in front of me.

“Can you stop pacing, you’re making me feel sick.” I moaned reaching out for Joe’s hand and pulled him down beside me.

“Someone’s a bit drunk.” Joe sang slightly.

“A bit is an understatement, come on then I’m waiting.” I said putting my head in my hands.

“What for?” Joe asked sounding confused.

“Your lecture on drinking, and losing myself and whatever else you wanted to say.” I said moving my hands about.

“I don’t have one. I just wanted to make sure you were sober before I went home.” Joe said as I looked at him the shock showing on my face.

“You, Joseph Adam, are incredible.” I didn’t care how drunk I sounded, it was true. Joe had become one of my best friends; I couldn’t see myself ever living without him.

“People tell me that all the time.” Joe joked.

“Look who has a big ego. It’s nearly as big as your head.” I said whacking him playfully on the shoulder.

“But it’s still cute right?” A smile playing on his lips.

Suddenly Joe was closer, I bit my lip. I never once denied that Joe still had my heart, mainly because no one asked me they all knew, except Joe. Joe’s hand came up and brushed my hair out of my face, the coldness from his ring and the feel of his hand on my face making me shiver slightly. Joe’s adam’s apple moved a little as our faces moved together so we were about an inch apart. The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy, as if they were on Redbull. I wanted his, he wanted this, and we needed this.

“Joe we a-“ I jumped back from Joe as Nick came walking into the room.
I looked at Nick, he had a smile on his face, his hands in his pockets. I looked back at Joe, he had his head down staring at his shoe’s whilst running his hands through his hair. The silence was deafening, I could feel my cheeks flush a shade of red no doubt. I pulled myself up from the sofa.

“Excuse me, I think I need to go check on Lauren.” I said walking up to Nick.

“I’m sorry, bad timing.” Nick said moving out the way to let me through.

I walked out and back into the party, which had seemed to be quieting down. The music had stopped and people where just leaving. Jordan was showing her ring to a group of fans that were outside, Big Rob standing by her side. I hugged a very drunk Mel goodbye before Alex picked her up and took her to a hotel room where the Honor Society boys were staying for the night.

I spotted Lauren tidying up as she walked around collecting glasses and empty bottles. I decided to help her, but soon realized I should just go to bed. Then I remembered it was the end of tour, we had to get the bus tidy to hand it back to the tour company tomorrow morning. I looked at the clock above the door, it was half four meaning we had four and a half hours to get the bus tidy and get home. I was just about to start picking up the closest bottle to me when Nick tapped my shoulder.

“I’ve asked Lauren already but, do you mind if I take Jordan off your hands for a fortnight?” Nick said his eyes darting around the room.

“Where you taking her anywhere nice?” I smiled, both Nick and Jordan were nineteen years old and they had been together for almost four years. It was so sweet.

“I was thinking of taking her away, from the paparazzi for a while. So we can spend time to ourselves without being constantly followed by cameras. I can’t tell you where it’s a surprise.” Nick was slightly panicked.

“Nick, chill she is outside talking to fans.” I laughed knowing he was looking for Jordan.

“Thank you Claire, oh and I don’t know what I walked in on then but I’m so sorry.” He said hugging me quickly before running down the steps and up to Jordan. Wrapping his arms around her waist causing the group of fans to clap and scream.

Joe appeared in the doorway, his black leather jacket on. His eyes met mine for only seconds before he walked over to Kevin. Lauren walked over to me a black bag in her hand.

“You and Joe were in there for a long time.” Her tone implying she wanted to know details.

“Were we?” I smiled at her, taking the bag from her hands.

“Go sit down your swaying all over the place.” Lauren ordered her tone was that of a mum sending her drunken teenager to bed.

I let go of the black bag and walked out of the tour bus, I didn’t think it through though. The group of fans started to get excited, I had to try my hardest not to stumble over on the cold pavement.

“Claire, I think you should go back inside you have no shoes on.” Nick said.

“Don’t worry, I’ve came to say hello to our fans.” I smiled at the faces.

I was soon asked to sign autographs, which I done the best as I could seeing as I could hardly see the paper. I was pulled into hugs as the fans took pictures. I tried to answer as many questions as I could but I was soon led back inside by a sober Jordan.

“When did you get sober?” I asked her as the door closed.

“I didn’t drink that much, just a little you know like a celebration. Plus we are back in America I can’t really drink remember?” Jordan said pouting.

“Oh yeah. You only have to wait two more years.” I said. But then thought of something. “But by then you will probably be pregnant with baby number two.” I smiled nudging her, causing her to blush slightly.
“Are you going back to the apartment or crashing out at the hotel?” Nick asked Lauren and I once the bus was tidied.

“Home, I want my bed.” Lauren yawned leaning in to Kevin.

“I don’t care as long as I have a comfy bed.” I said while playing with Jordan’s ring on her finger it was so Jordan’s style. Not to big and bold but big enough for it to catch your eye.

Jordan smiled at me, I know she was over the moon that Nick had proposed. “Well, I’m staying with my fiancé. That sounds so new.” Jordan said excitedly.

“But it sounds perfect.” Nick smiled placing a small kiss on Jordan’s head.

“Alright well, I can’t sit here with you two love birds any longer.” I pouted causing everyone to laugh.

“I’ll drive Lauren and Claire home.” Kevin offered smiling down at Lauren.

“I don’t want to be stuck with them two love birds either.” I mumbled causing Lauren to remind me that Kevin and her weren’t dating.

“I give it a few weeks, you two will be back together in no time.” I said high fiving Joe’s outstretched hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is dedicated to Jordan. The Selena to my Demi <3
This is also dedicated to everyone that listened to "Gift of a friend" by Demi Lovato today. It is an amazing song.

How about three comments before the next update? (: