‹ Prequel: Black Keys
Status: Complete

With Every Strike Of Lightning.

Lauren's POV

The interview went as normal and as expected. We answered the questions using our ‘poker faces’ when the questions came to one that were hard for us. The worst question for me was a question about how I would act if Kevin got back with Danielle. I answered as well as I could, saying I’d be happy for him because if he did it would be because he really wanted to and for no other reason. I knew he would soon.

Once we got in, Jordan went off to ring Nick who’d text her telling her to do so when we got in just as the interviewer walked into the room. Claire and I sat down on the sofa, the TV being turned on straight away so we could watch E! News to see if the supposed pictures of her and Joe were on there today.

“I’m bored.” I whined as Claire watched the adverts being played on the TV.

“You always are.” Claire laughed.

“Shut up, I just like to be annoying.” I said, trying my hardest to think of an excuse.

“Only boring people get bored.” Claire laughed again while I rolled my eyes.

“I wouldn’t be boring if I was drunk. Actually, we don’t have anything planned until tomorrow afternoon when we’re going dress shopping with Jordan right?”

“No why?”

“I have a lovely bottle of vodka upstairs that wants to be drunk.” I laughed as I jumped up and skipped up the stairs.

“Lauren, don’t.” Claire warned.

“You can have some too.” I smiled.

The main reason I wanted to drink was not to cure my boredom but to help forget about Kevin. I truly felt like we were just getting back to where we used to be, but instead he drops the bomb on me that he wants to be with Danielle once again.

“Lauren, come here please!” Claire yelled up the stairs to me.

“Coming.” I yelled back, grabbing the bottle from my bed and running back down the stairs.

“Watch.” Claire demanded.

I slumped down into the sofa and watched the screen intently. The report was about Alex, unfortunately, he was there with his band mates who were once also friends of mine. Alex was talking about his recent break up when suddenly he dropped a bombshell that rocked my world.

“I’m not sure why, but I really want a girl like Lauren in my life, the real thing would be good actually.” He smiled into the camera.

“You mean Lauren from Forever True I’ll take it.” The reporter smiled.

“That’s the girl.” He said with his grin id fallen in love with before id even met him and the only time I’d seen him was on TV.


“Oh my god.” Was all I could say before I unscrewed the top of the bottle of vodka and chugged down about a quarter of it.

“Lauren, what do you think you’re doing.” Jordan scolded as she walked in through from the kitchen.

“Trust me, she needs it. So do I.” Claire said, taking the bottle from me and drinking some of it herself.

“What’s happened?” Jordan demanded snatching the bottle from Claire before I could drink anymore.

“Alex said he wants her back. Kevin said he wants Danielle back. My head hurts.” Claire said, while I was burying my head in my hands and sighing.

“Wow, life’s weird.” Jordan sighed, putting the bottle on the side and sitting in the middle of the sofa.

“Tell me about it.” I said, shaking my head.

“I think we need a holiday soon.” Claire laughed.

“I agree.” I said, sitting up straight.

“And me.” Jordan grinned, a girly holiday sounded good about now.

“We’ll sort one once the majority of the weddings sorted then Jordan won’t be worrying all through the holiday.” Claire beamed.

“Sounds good to me.” I laughed.

We ended up watching films for the rest of the night. The bottle of vodka was put away, none of us drank anymore than what Claire and I had before Jordan came into the room. We watched our favourite films, A Walk to Remember, Ps I love you and the Notebook. All soppy love films but all films we loved to watch, no matter what.

“I can’t believe you still cry to all of those films all these years later.” I laughed as we trudged up the stairs to bed at nearly 3 in the morning.

“Shut up.” Claire laughed while Jordan just shook her head at us.

“Ooh, looks who’s all grown up now and wont laugh with us.” I teased Jordan as we all reached our bedroom doors.

“Takes one to know one.” Jordan smirked.

“Ha, that didn’t work.” I laughed, opening my doors.

“Now now ladies, its bed time, argue in the morning.” Claire laughed.

“Ok mummy.” I smiled, beginning my walk into my room.

“That actually works cos your the oldest in the house.” I heard Jordan laugh as I closed my door.

“Shut up and sleep.” Claire laughed before all 3 of our doors were closed firmly.

I woke up in the morning to Claire and Jordan jumping on my bed, laughing their heads off.

“Thanks for the amazing wakeup call.” I groaned shoving them off my bed and making them land on the floor with a thud.

“Ouch.” I heard Jordan laugh as she stood up, Claire having already jumped up and led on my bed again.

“We’re going dress shopping today.”

“I know Claire.” I laughed.

“Thought id remind you.” She beamed.

“Well thanks.” I said, sitting up.

“You need to get dressed so we can leave soon.”

“If you leave, I’ll get dressed. If you don’t, I’m going back to sleep.”

“We’ll leave.”Jordan laughed, tugging Claire's arm and leaving the room.

I got up quickly, showered and dressed and then dried my hair and pulled it into a ponytail before skipping down the stairs. Jordan and Claire were waiting in the living room for me when I got there. They both jumped up and pulled me out of the door, Jordan holding the keys so she could drive of course.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ive updated today because I dont see there much chance of me doing it tomorrow tbh... so here it is :)
What do you think? Comments would make me smile :)?
Laurenn xo